Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Taking the car towards the end of the week to get it's first non dealership oil change, the dealer is just to far from my house and not fond of the drive to get there and would cost me about $9 in gas just to drive there and back.

I did the research for the best oil change place in Palm Coast Florida and came up with Del's Garage which is just minutes from my house. I have seen pictures of the place and it is very neat, clean and professional.

I called this morning and the overall price for the oil change would be about the same as going to the dealership but without all the driving.

He said he uses Wix filters and Sunoco oil, does anyone have an opinion on either of these?

Keep in mind we are just minutes from Daytona Beach and all car work promotions in the area tend to have race tie -in's, maybe these brands are kind of race related, not sure.

Thanks
TC
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
The ASE certified shop will use any brand and I recommend Pennzoil "made from natural gas" Platinum 8qts. and Ford Racing oil filter, due to it's "bypass feature" and increased capacity. I use 1/2 qt. Lucas oil stablizer w/8 qts. Pennzoil. 5w/30

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
If the issue is not wanting to do it yourself, you can bring oil and a filter to just about any shop and they'll just charge a labor fee.

OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, as it turns out the guy couldn't work on my lowered car because he used a lift and not a drive over pit.

I am just going to bring it to the dealer, they have done the first two changes and they are cheaper than anyone expect they are in the middle of nowhere so it's a 80 mile round trip for me but even with the gas money added in they are still cheaper than most places around town.

TC

OP
OP
tcman54

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, as just recently stated in my other thread about oil capacity the local couldn't service my lowered car because he used a lift and not a pit.

So the subject of a Wix filter and Sunoco Oil is now moot considering the car is now going back to the dealer for the standard Motorcraft filter and oil and even with the added in gas money to get there the dealer is still cheaper than the locals.

TC
Sponsored