Sponsored

Witnessed a new Mustang GT crash today

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a friend who's 2018 mysteriously left the road. He did not make it. He had been talking to me for a couple weeks about how the rear end would unexpected step out when making curves or slight corners. He said if he drove that car tired he would be in trouble, guess he was right
Was he a mash on it kinda driver? Bad tires maybe? That's concerning.
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I am honorable discharged U.S.M.C. 1977, still have my DD214. These ponies are to be respected. Actually, if you can't drive pretty well, these are not the car for you. 450 Hp crank with just a "tube" & X-pipe, no tune. Learn to be one with the car & you'll understand. Driving lessons are a plus if you can afford them, skid pad testing ect.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Ex-USN here. Salute Servce members. Mine is SC. I do get on it some but even stock it can get you. Back when I was growing up Mustangs made like 225 hp. Hell even more recently the 350/370z had more hp than Mustangs. Nowadays minivans make more hp than supercars from the 80s and 90s. Strange that anyone can walk into a store and buy a 700 hp vehicle without a second thought.

Sponsored

OP
OP

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Horrible news. RIP Sgt. Haley.

Last edited:

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Rest easy, brother.

20 years USAF, C-130 crew chief and flight engineer, I apologize to all of y'all who had to ride in the back of the Herkypig.

Also did 2 years on the base Honor Guard and presented the folded flag to next-of-kin about 200 times. Sometimes the simplest tasks are the toughest.

Airborne5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
2018+ Mustang GT with PP1 just flew off the road into a concrete barrier at the bottom of a ditch. Happened right in front of us while we were doing platoon PT (full kit run) in the morning. SGT and I ran down to driver, he was unresponsive with blood coming out nose/mouth. Faint pulse and shallow breathing. We got him out of car until MPs arrived and took him off in ambulance. He was out cold with eyes rolled back in head for at least ten minutes until ambulance left. I heard he is OK but the whole thing was very strange. Mustang was totaled as well, was a very nice car. Hope the dude is alright. Something about being in the infantry I've witnessed alot of strange accidents like this in the past year,but this is the first involving a Mustang
Was mentioning you're in the military like 5 times really necessary? We get it.
Sponsored