With the end in sight for the Hellcats, how much longer will the GT500 hold on.

nmp1

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R

ICU812

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Well Shelby put it's stamp on 2.2 4 bnger turbo's.
So why not 2.3 4 banger turbos with a blue oval?
The E/B HHP will become the Shelby turbo mustang .

Bikeman315

Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The current GT500 is history after MY2022 along with the S550. Will there be a S650 Shelby? No one knows yet. I will say that if there is a Shelby it will likely not have a supercharged V8. A twin turbo V6 at best.

Smunczen

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
Well Shelby put it's stamp on 2.2 4 bnger turbo's.
So why not 2.3 4 banger turbos with a blue oval?
The E/B HHP will become the Shelby turbo mustang .
We’ll we had the SVO mustang back in the day didn’t sell well. I’m not sure if folks will buy a Shelby turbo mustang.

Orange devil

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
The current GT500 is history after MY2022 along with the S550. Will there be a S650 Shelby? No one knows yet. I will say that if there is a Shelby it will likely not have a supercharged V8. A twin turbo V6 at best.
Kinda why I'm after a supercharged shelby right now

Smunczen

Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
They might not have a choice.
Cafe regulations and Ford moving to an almost all truck and suv fleet will require it.
I agree they have no other cars to help with the fleet averages.

Inthehighdesert

Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt convertible, 2020 GT350, 2020 GT350R
Ford did that back then to have the 50/50 weight. The SVO was a great car, once you dropped the 302 in it. We swapped the 4 bangers out of every one of those we could get our hands on back then. Anything like that won’t fly today in my opinion.

We’ll we had the SVO mustang back in the day didn’t sell well. I’m not sure if folks will buy a Shelby turbo mustang.

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
All they need to do is make them with posh leather interior , active suspension on par with Ferrari ( it's only coding), and refine the fit and finish coupled with vodoo and charge $175K.

ICU812

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All they need to do is make them with posh leather interior , active suspension on par with Ferrari ( it's only coding), and refine the fit and finish coupled with vodoo and charge $175K.
Ford will pull the plug before they sell under 5000 unit yearly.
That 175k mustang better be named changed to Ford GT.

IceAge

Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang 2019, GT 500 Magnetic 2020, 2020 Bullitt, Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Octane 2019, Dodge Charger Hellcat White Knuckle 2019, Toyota Supra Premium 2020, Toyota Avalon TRD 2020, Honda Civic Type R 2019
Dodge has bigger challenges than Ford. Show me one electric vehicle by the Dodge brand. And or should I say the now new owners formerly Peugeot who changed their name to Stelantis. They are paying Tesla 300-500 million a year to buy Carbon tax credits for their failures of not complying with Government’s EPA and Carbon Foot Print penalties. Ford on the other hand is way ahead of many others with Electric and Hybrid vehicles. Which means in turn they still have Ice

ICU812

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge has bigger challenges than Ford. Show me one electric vehicle by the Dodge brand. And or should I say the now new owners formerly Peugeot who changed their name to Stelantis. They are paying Tesla 300-500 million a year to buy Carbon tax credits for their failures of not complying with Government’s EPA and Carbon Foot Print penalties. Ford on the other hand is way ahead of many others with Electric and Hybrid vehicles. Which means in turn they still have Ice
Don't matter, the new epa cafe regulations, Ford as a mostly truck and big suv and v8 pony car brand will never comply to.
YOU will see a turbo 4 f-150 truck and more and more Stangs will be 4 bangers. They will be forced to build and sell 15-20 4 banger stangs for every ONE v8 Stang produced.
Unless they bring back a small economy car and build it right and to last, and it sells like hotcakes, meaning it can't be a 28-36k pos.
If the automakers were smart, they all get together and tell the epa to duck off.

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
They sell way too many mustangs globally to people who don't mind paying the thousands to tens of thousands in consumption and pollution tax.

Im sure the margins are high. Maybe they will drop the V8 in N. America where few will pay the huge consumption tax hit coming.

doesnt matter there are always restomods.

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
Ford will pull the plug before they sell under 5000 unit yearly.
That 175k mustang better be named changed to Ford GT.
Global market wants to pay $250K plus just to differentiate form the 96 mth borrowers haha. GT need to be $500K.

Advertisement

8 - UPR Products
Advertisement