Sponsored

With or Without Boost, I'm still slow! (2018 A10 GT)

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
No.. 300a. No extra modes.. If I turn TC off and floor it from a dead stop it doesn't move.. Just spins tires. Finessing the throttle isn't something I'm used to :)
ya track prep also matters if its good. you might actually do slightly better pre loading the rear a tad and easing into the throttle. but of course grabbing some used 17x10 wheels with some tires at least some Street SS are going to make a big difference. toss in some torco and probably drop at least a second
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Get you some cheap 9.5 inch wheels and a set of MTs or NTo5Rs and let er rip. I’m fairly sure the DA at any Arizona track is very high. So you have that to deal with. I’d also run a can of boostane or similar octane booster. To insure your not pulling timing. Your good on the half shafts with the auto.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Someone help me understand why some folks say the 10A is easier on halfshafts than the 6M. The A10 puts FAR more power to the axles in the lower gears than the 6M does due to the gearing differences. I realize the OP doesn't have drag mode but even in sport mode, the A10 shifts very firmly.....similarly to powershifting a manual. Those with drag mode or a tune have no torque management so the shifts are even more brutal.

There have been a few people snap the driver's side half shaft with naturally aspirated cars when using sticky tires. Running a boosted A10 at a prepped strip with drag radials seems like a recipe for half shaft carnage.

16mach1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt premium, 99 Roush, 2002 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
The difference is you can't launch the auto at 5 grand. So the launch is a lot softer. Most half shafts that I have seen break are on the starting line. The shock to the shaft can be much harder than on the auto.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Screw all of the traction control shit. I turned that stuff off even on the street with my 2015 whippled mustang.

Sponsored

growler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp
you cant ever get better with traction control on...if your car gets squirrely, just lift..works every time...its a blown run but you live to run another day..the next best hint I can give ...and its too late now...is maximize your car out on mod at a time before you move forward..and I think you should try leaving like your trying not to jar your ol granny in backseat (1200 rpm) then rolling into throttle....and doing it in half a second...takes practice :}

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Yeah, my first 2 runs with the blower (the day of the timeslips in this thread) were with traction control on because I was frightened of the power.

Last time at the track I turned it off on all runs. Best run was still a 12.2 because of much worse prep. After the 12.2 I couldn't hook and kept pointing at the wall during gear changes. Going again tomorrow before it starts getting too hot.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
How'd it go?

The difference between my P Zero's and Hoosier slicks was 8 tenths in the 1/8th.(8.0@94) That was still nothing but a 1.9 60ft as I wasn't heating them up enough or burning the water off them (as told by track staff).

Your car has 3/4 to a full sec improvement in there with proper traction alone.

Factor in the sh*t DA in your area and there ya go.

Just ponder this.. your seeing times and traps that N/A E85 cars are running in good DA.

Step your game up man.. LOL

OP
OP
hlfbkd420

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
How'd it go?

The difference between my P Zero's and Hoosier slicks was 8 tenths in the 1/8th.(8.0@94) That was still nothing but a 1.9 60ft as I wasn't heating them up enough or burning the water off them (as told by track staff).

Your car has 3/4 to a full sec improvement in there with proper traction alone.

Factor in the sh*t DA in your area and there ya go.

Just ponder this.. your seeing times and traps that N/A E85 cars are running in good DA.

Step your game up man.. LOL
Damn you :) I know...

Not good. I plead the 5th... My kid won the pine wood derby race this weekend at least!

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...18-a10-gt-w-roush-blower.119921/#post-2508892
Sponsored