Sponsored

With '18s on the lot, how low can I get a '17 GT for?

trekkar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
still looking
Tell them you'll take 2 for the 23k-24k OTD price and I'll fly in and take 1. That would be a great deal seeing there is at least 1200 in taxes. The best deal I remember seeing on a new GT was about 10k off before tax and fees. But I think that was when it was a true left over on a yellow car. I would buy one for 25k now plus tax and fees if I could find that deal. New England dealers prices are horrible they say they'll match prices until you throw out the Koons name then you never here from them again.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fulcrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 nissan 370z
Tell them you'll take 2 for the 23k-24k OTD price and I'll fly in and take 1. That would be a great deal seeing there is at least 1200 in taxes. The best deal I remember seeing on a new GT was about 10k off before tax and fees. But I think that was when it was a true left over on a yellow car. I would buy one for 25k now plus tax and fees if I could find that deal. New England dealers prices are horrible they say they'll match prices until you throw out the Koons name then you never here from them again.
hahahaha, why do they get their panties in a bunch when they hear Koons? isnt this a free market economy, i.e. compete - lower prices?? oh wait.. nvm I forgot about all the lobbying dealerships are throwing millions into to keep the dealer system alive, just look at the amount they spent on keeping tesla out of Michigan.

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I got my base gtpp from Koons in Feb 2016 after the blizzard for 27.2 before taxes.

Camaro2Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro
and that was before the 18 destroyed the 17 market.... I am guessing 5-6k off what you haggled for would be a good deal
Thanks for starting this thread, Fulcrum.

I am also interested in knowing what a barebones 2017 Mustang GT with an automatic transmission is going for now that the 2018 has been released.

I have read that some folks have purchased a 2017 GT for about 10K off of MSRP. But this was before the 2018 hit the market.

So, yeah, is anyone else getting like 10K off a new 2017 GT now? I'm in the market for a new barebones 2017 Mustang GT with an auto. On cars.com some GTs are listed as low as around 27K.

It will be interesting to see how the market for the 2017s develops as the year winds down. :popcorn:

Sponsored

OP
OP

Fulcrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 nissan 370z
Thanks for starting this thread, Fulcrum.

I am also interested in knowing what a barebones 2017 Mustang GT with an automatic transmission is going for now that the 2018 has been released.

I have read that some folks have purchased a 2017 GT for about 10K off of MSRP. But this was before the 2018 hit the market.

So, yeah, is anyone else getting like 10K off a new 2017 GT now? I'm in the market for a new barebones 2017 Mustang GT with an auto. On cars.com some GTs are listed as low as around 27K.

It will be interesting to see how the market for the 2017s develops as the year winds down. :popcorn:
is 24k otd is really too much to ask for a base GT ? Its a mass produced gt pony car not a gtr

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
so 33k msrp - 10k, basically demand 23k OTD? what are the chances that they will laugh at me vs actually sell it?
My dad did something similar with his c6 vette, got a leftover c6 loaded trim for basically over 20k off msrp - it ended up being a stupid cheap price, he drove it for 4 years put over 40k miles on it and only lost about 5k trading in for a c7.
33K msrp on a 17 GT? - I didn't realize you can find one that cheap

OP
OP

Fulcrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 nissan 370z
update:

tried the major large dealers and local dealers with left over inventory;

doesn't look like anyone is willing to 'deal'.

aka its a better option to just wait and buy a 2018 at invoice, saving a couple thousand is just b.s.

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
update:

tried the major large dealers and local dealers with left over inventory;

doesn't look like anyone is willing to 'deal'.

aka its a better option to just wait and buy a 2018 at invoice, saving a couple thousand is just b.s.
Walk in on december 26 - they'll deal

z31maniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
It seems like some of you think "deal" means the dealership should just pay you thousands of dollars to take the car off the lot.

OK.

Sponsored

lpe403

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
It seems like some of you think "deal" means the dealership should just pay you thousands of dollars to take the car off the lot.

OK.
Businesses have to cut losses at times, and that's when the great deals can be found.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
$6-7k off MSRP is the normal "deep discount" on GT's I've noticed for the last 2 years. There are a few dealers here and there that get into that $8-10k off MSRP but they are rare and never on a base no option GT. There is a dealer in Homestead, FL that has 2 base GTPP listed for $28.9k and that is the cheapest I've ever seen but I don't know how legit it is.

OP
OP

Fulcrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 nissan 370z
Businesses have to cut losses at times, and that's when the great deals can be found.
Precisely my point, they are acting like I am trying to purchase a gt3 or something rare, they all ask me what is my 'budget' or how much I want to pay per month, once I mention I have no budget and want the cheapest OTD price the tune is all different.

$6-7k off MSRP is the normal "deep discount" on GT's I've noticed for the last 2 years. There are a few dealers here and there that get into that $8-10k off MSRP but they are rare and never on a base no option GT. There is a dealer in Homestead, FL that has 2 base GTPP listed for $28.9k and that is the cheapest I've ever seen but I don't know how legit it is.
I've ran in a few of those, usually they apply a ton of discounts that you aren't qualified for, and they expect you will shake it off and pay up when you get there, VW is notorious for that with the GTI - list at 17k then it magically becomes 23-24 before taxes. That is precisely why I get the agreed price in writing before even stepping in there.

I suppose I will keep waiting and see if they want to deal at the end of next month, if they want to play hard ball I will ask for an even steeper discount for making me wait.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
$26/$27K is where I've seen '17 Base GT's advertised locally....+/- $7K below sticker. I think that's legit because they're only showing their discount + rebate and all the other "qualified" rebates are shown below the line. I posted on another thread that a local dealer is showing a '17 Race Red, 6M V6 base car for $19,908.....that is a LOT of car for $20K.

amknoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
My local dealership (California) has a 2017 GT Premium (auto, nav, california spec) for $39,xxx (msrp $44,xxx). Is it a good deal or I should ask for more?
Sponsored