Sponsored

Wiring Question

bronze_peanut_cup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hi all, new to the forum, happy first time mustang owner (2015 gt premium) by way of challenger r/t then bmw 2 series, not new to the modding-scene(not a pro either) but hoping someone with knowledge can help me out.

All I need is the color combo of the wire that indicates the 'switched power wire' in the trunk.

I've been digging around the trunk wiring trying to connect a wireless receiver box for an exhaust motor so it can go from 'quiet' to 'loud' (I just purchased and installed the AWE SwitchPath exhaust- which are awesome btw).

You've probably correctly guessed that I'm looking to splice into the 'switched power source' wire. Problem is, I'm not sure which color combination is the correct one, and I've been digging around looking for this. I'm surprised I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere.

I'm not trying to purchase a wire diagram book for such an easily resolved question, and I contacted AWE several times, and have received the worst sort of support I've ever had. Just to share some of the brilliance I've encountered: one lady twice responded 'our engineers said they tapped into the wiring harness in the trunk'. Awesome, nice, I know that, but which wire? (obviously I was way more polite than that, suggesting maybe a photo of their install would be fine). She just reiterated it was the "power wire". Ugh. I found an emailed their tech guys instead, to which they told me to get a test light/multimeter and start checking the wires starting with the largest first or take it to a shop. WTF. lol.

All I need is the color combo of the wire that indicates the 'switched power wire' in the trunk. I figure someone on here has the answer. As an aside, do the previous generation mustangs share the same color combo for their wiring?

Anyway, thanks to anyone who knows for the help!
Sponsored

OP
OP

bronze_peanut_cup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Right on, thanks - that's a great resource! I took a quick look, but didn't find exactly what I was hoping to see or maybe I wasn't looking closely enough. Do you have much familiarity with reading these? In your opinion, which wire do you think I should tap into?

NOLA_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'89 GT Conv, '03 GT
System Electrical Distribution
Subsystem Power Distibution

The first selection, all of the rear end lighting starts on the bottom half

WRFM15MUST005a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dacia Logan MCV
System Electrical Distribution
Subsystem Power Distibution

The first selection, all of the rear end lighting starts on the bottom half

WRFM15MUST005a
There's an awful lot of wires "hot at all times". I'd search this forum to see if anyone has already done your mod and posted it up before splitting open wiring looms.

webelevy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Ingot Silver,Recaros, 20in Foundr
OP
OP

bronze_peanut_cup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium