Sponsored

Wiring lead for aftermarket dual color boost gauge to change from white to green with stock gauges

Bannon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Hey folks,

I know similar topics have been covered before but I can find the specific answer. I have a 2019 Bullitt with the Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger. Since the factory boost gauge values are calculated by the computer and not mechanically driven, I bought a ProSport Dual color Vacuum/Boost gauge that will change from white in the daytime and green at night if I can find the right place to tap into the power source that causes the factory gauges to swithc colors. Couple of quick points to make so I don't lead anyone off track.

• I know which slot in the fusebox to use to pull accessory power via an add a circuit to power the Red and white wire (This gives power to activate the white color during the day when the key is turned on. )
  • I know where to wire the black for ground
  • The instructions state to wire the green wire to the parking lights or the headlight switch so the gauge will illuminate green when the headlights are on. With the "Automatic Mode" setting though I am under the impression that the parking lights and headlights are on all the time during the day for better visibility.
  • I don't care about the ability to dim the gauge lights since I never touch them (If that makes anything easier to take that requirement out of the equation.

Thanks for any information you can provide, I've spent way more time than I would think necessary trying to research existing answers.

JB
Sponsored