Sponsored

Wiring guide for NON B&O premium audio systems. No LOC required.

GIjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
You don't have enough channels to run the Focal's active, so you would need to run the crossover for at least 2 on each channel.

If I had to run that setup I'd personally run the woofers active on their own channel as they need the most power, then the mid/tweeter passive off the Focal crossover on the other channel (just make sure there is new wiring run from the tweeter to the crossover modules) then when you are setting up the DSP you can experiment between using the mid and tweeter for the time alignment.
That makes sense I would just eliminate the rear channel and let the focals perform like they should. I kind of got talked into using the rears with the install even though they are still stock. You guys have amazing sound quality with just the front stage only? I know with the way they are set up they (the rear) are pretty muffled anyways.
Sponsored

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
🤣
I haven't used the rear speakers in a single "stereo" system since the early '90s, I've always cared more about staging vs. rear fill. Home Theater is a different story, but I'm not watching movies in my vehicles.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
🤣
I haven't used the rear speakers in a single "stereo" system since the early '90s, I've always cared more about staging vs. rear fill. Home Theater is a different story, but I'm not watching movies in my vehicles.
The only place for a center speaker is in a home theater too.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I have the Non B&O, 9 speaker system. Did a little exploring and saw how this “installer” used taps to feed back into the factory wiring for the tweeters. I brought it to his boss at their other shop and he was the one telling me I needed the RF DSR-1 or he needed to tap into the factory amp because there wasn’t enough power. Can turn the gain all the way up on input and output side and not get it to clip.
He shouldn't use taps to the factory wiring for the tweeter as the factory wiring goes to the midrange. Tweeters in an aftermarket setup with active tweeters always need to be rewired with new wires. Maybe thats why it doesn't sound good.

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The only place for a center speaker is in a home theater too.
Then you have never heared a good aftermarket setup with an umixer enabled and correctly tuned DSP with center channel enabled in a car ever.
If done correctly staging and tonality in a car with a center channel is really really amazing.

Sponsored

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
Hello guys, is there a harness that I can used that eliminates the amp and gets me the four channel RCA outputs that its plug and play?

Already have forscan ready.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Hello guys, is there a harness that I can used that eliminates the amp and gets me the four channel RCA outputs that its plug and play?

Already have forscan ready.
Spend some time on the first post and #6 & 7. Your answers are there.

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
Spend some time on the first post. Your answer is there.
Thanks!,I did see the harness but there is no rca outputs that I can see to get the signal to the processor... Does the RCAs have to be soldered in this harness?

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks!,I did see the harness but there is no rca outputs that I can see to get the signal to the processor... Does the RCAs have to be soldered in this harness?
See post 6 & 7

Sponsored
OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
Guys… when doing the forscan mod do all four outputs become full range? Planning to only use the front channels for front stage and sub…

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Guys… when doing the forscan mod do all four outputs become full range? Planning to only use the front channels for front stage and sub…
Yes, all 4 become full range signals. You only need to use 2 channels. Unless you want to be able to fade front/rear.

james cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon S550 Owner
Hello Guys… you happen to have the forscan programming code so that the ACM goes to “high level” in order to lower the noise floor to my setup… thanks this thread should be a sticky!

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Hello Guys… you happen to have the forscan programming code so that the ACM goes to “high level” in order to lower the noise floor to my setup… thanks this thread should be a sticky!
I think the code for high-level output is 727-01-01 xx0x xxxx xxxx
I would test this with all amplifier gains set to zero as it could be a fixed output level. (I.E. volume control may not work)
I have not played with this so perhaps @Cathul can add his experience here.

On my system, variable line-level out is damn near silent going into my DSP with balanced inputs and I'm completely happy with it.
If you do the signal cable correctly, twisted pair with a shield, you should have similar results as me. (Cat5e STP network cable can be used)
Sponsored