Sponsored

Wiring guide for NON B&O premium audio systems. No LOC required.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
That’s a really clean look! How did you get the carpet to look so clean around that radius?
Thanks! It's actually a two sections of carpet. One long strip around the vertical wall and top are butted against the edges. The carpet is very stretching and it can contour well. Good adhesive is a must. I used 3M contact spray glue.
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I am getting ready to do the same thing and am interested also.

Does anyone have a drawing or plans for their trunk, wheel well, amp rack? I am preparing to build one for my system upgrade and thought I’d ask. Also curious what material is typically being used for them? Kinda leaning towards plywood as I hate cutting MDF.

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
If you are going to just add a subwoofer and subwoofer amp using the JL RD500/1 you have an even simpler without the need for any harness because that amp has speaker level inputs. Unplug the rear deck speakers and extend the wires to the sub amplifier input jacks with these: RCA to AV screw terminal adapters
Mount your amp in the spare tire well or other suitable place (under the rear deck even), run the 12v battery power and ground the amp at a solid point (bracket in the spare area is great for this), add a subwoofer box and as a final step so you get good sub bass to the amp inputs, use Forscan to flatten the EQ to restore bass on the rear channels.
I just read this part about using forscan to restore bass to rear channels. I thought the rear was full range signal. If I don't use forscan will it not get the lower frequency range? I really don't want to use forscan since I am not changing anything else,just adding an amp and sub.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I am getting ready to do the same thing and am interested also.
At the bottom of post 178 you can download my PDF file. The template should be adjusted accordingly for your particular install.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I just read this part about using forscan to restore bass to rear channels. I thought the rear was full range signal. If I don't use forscan will it not get the lower frequency range? I really don't want to use forscan since I am not changing anything else,just adding an amp and sub.
The rear is not full range unless you do the Forscan change. If that's a problem, then you need to grab a L & R signal from the front of the car.

Sponsored

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
The rear is not full range unless you do the Forscan change. If that's a problem, then you need to grab a L & R signal from the front of the car.
Got it. Gonna have to put this on hold then until I find a simple plug and play.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Thanks I will most likely be using your template. Do you remember the size of those screws that are holding down to the holder in the wheel well?

At the bottom of post 178 you can download my PDF file. The template should be adjusted accordingly for your particular install.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks I will most likely be using your template. Do you remember the size of those screws that are holding down to the holder in the wheel well?
6mm is what you need. There are two threaded holes. The center hole I used for my ground post (which doesn't contact the wood). The one to left of that I used to clamp down the board. My pic shows a long bolt with a nut on the left. But I have since cut it down and am using a single bolt and washer.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
That is exactly what I need to see. Thank you for your help.

6mm is what you need. There are two threaded holes. The center hole I used for my ground post (which doesn't contact the wood). The one to left of that I used to clamp down the board. My pic shows a long bolt with a nut on the left. But I have since cut it down and am using a single bolt and washer.

luv2fly3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Covered it and the spare tire well with carpet.
Where did you source your carpet? On Amazon I'm seeing light and dark gray tones. Just curious what you used as it appears to be a pretty good match.

Sponsored
OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I bought it from someone local. He bought too much and I used what he had left. Sorry, I don't know what his source was. Have you tried Partsexpress?

luv2fly3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
I bought it from someone local. He bought too much and I used what he had left. Sorry, I don't know what his source was. Have you tried Partsexpress?
I haven’t but that’s a good idea. Bought lots of stuff from them through the years for my other hobby….my home theater space. :-). I’ll give them a look.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
You are going to put the original spare tire cover back over it? I was wondering about the carpet also, but I have the TKO Blockit Sound deadener pad that goes on top and then the original carpet over that.

I haven’t but that’s a good idea. Bought lots of stuff from them through the years for my other hobby….my home theater space. :-). I’ll give them a look.

luv2fly3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
You are going to put the original spare tire cover back over it? I was wondering about the carpet also, but I have the TKO Blockit Sound deadener pad that goes on top and then the original carpet over that.
I'm planning on it, yes. I am planning to build my amp rack with some supports like others have done so that the top factory panel is supported better and nothing set on top of it will cause it to sag and touch the amps I'll have in place. But I'd still like to carpet the amp rack so it looks finished when I pull the top panel off.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Understood. Many thanks to Stang I went to Lowes today looking for Birch plywood but no luck. I'll have to check a few other places to see if anyone has it in stock.
Sponsored