Sponsored

Wiring guide for NON B&O premium audio systems. No LOC required.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Where did you get these diagrams? I just purchased a 2022 Gt with the 9 speaker system and I am wondering if this is the same set up. I cannot find a plug and play anywhere for my 2022.
They are from a 2016 service manual. I have a 2019 and the diagrams matched what I saw in my car. I don't think the 2022 is any different.
Sponsored

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
They are from a 2016 service manual. I have a 2019 and the diagrams matched what I saw in my car. I don't think the 2022 is any different.
I will take a look in the morning ,. I have been looking online and so far no plug and play for 2022, or so they say . Even the stereo shops in my area don't have anything . I will look at my wiring in the morning so see if it matches .

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
Where did you get these diagrams? I just purchased a 2022 Gt with the 9 speaker system and I am wondering if this is the same set up. I cannot find a plug and play anywhere for my 2022.
My '21 matches these diagrams. Unless they are testing something for an upcoming release I wouldn't think they would change anything this late in a model run with the 2023 being the S650...

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
I am hoping its the same. I do not want to cut any wires .

Sponsored

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
I will take one once its back from the tint shop. The guy at plug and play harness asked for a picture as well. he thinks the harness for the 2021 will work. I will post the pictures when I get my car back later today.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I will take one once its back from the tint shop. The guy at plug and play harness asked for a picture as well. he thinks the harness for the 2021 will work. I will post the pictures when I get my car back later today.
Are you doing an amp delete and upgrade? If so, the harness I mentioned in the first post (idatalink HRN-AR-FO3) will allow you to interface with the plugs above the drivers kick panel. See my system wiring diagram PDF: View attachment Audio System Wiring Jul12-2021.pdf

Here is an example of how you can connect the HRN-AR-FO3 to a Cat5e or Cat6e STP cable and subsequent audio equipment in the trunk: View attachment Audio Signal Wiring Black AFO3.pdf

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, really dumb question (sorry in advance). If I get the RF DSR1 and the F03, do I have to replace the factory amp. or can it still be used for now? It looks like the factory amp is bypassed on RF site, but I wasn't 100% sure. I'd like to see how the DSP cleans things up before adding an amp. Even then I may just get a powered sub.

Phoenix4cyl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Big thanks to this thread and OP for saving me a lot of time and effort avoiding the LCI route. This thread helped me the most so I'll share what I've done so far here in case it helps anyone. I set up a JD 500/1 mono amp and a Stealthbox sub. There are definitely cheaper ways to do get good sounding system but the trunk space comes in handy for me all the time. Never done something like this before yet I haven't had a single problem with my system for over a year from the moment I tuned it up. Couldn't be more satisfied with the bass, can't even turn this thing up all the way without getting a headache haha so here's what I did
IMG_2479.HEIC.jpg

There are a lot of threads on how to do this so I'll keep it brief.
Black: Ground , sanded the bolt that holds spare tire kit since I have no spare anyway
Blue: Power (from battery through passenger firewall)
IMG_4510.jpg

As suggested somewhere I was able to disconnect the factory harness to the rear speakers, plugged in a Metra Harness, stripped/crimped the wires to feed them into this speaker to RCA converter and sent the signal to my amp.
IMG_4508.HEIC.jpg

Noticed my amp seemed to line up with this housing pretty well so I just made a few cuts to let some of the wires reach. Not the prettiest install but it was all worth it. I would suggest looking into getting a signal sensing amp and remote turn on features. Makes life easier.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Ok, really dumb question (sorry in advance). If I get the RF DSR1 and the F03, do I have to replace the factory amp. or can it still be used for now? It looks like the factory amp is bypassed on RF site, but I wasn't 100% sure. I'd like to see how the DSP cleans things up before adding an amp. Even then I may just get a powered sub.
You can't use the factory amp if you install the DSR1 and F03 harness.

Sponsored

Phoenix4cyl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I've been happy with my system in 90% situations although there's times when its, windy/ rainy and I'm on the highway where listening to guitar heavy songs without bass where I feel like the factory speakers just aren't loud enough for me. So I tried fixing this by throwing some Infinity REF3022CFX 3.5's in the door (figured the stock 6.5's were adequate) and I tried to sound dampen the doors. Moved on to disconnecting the speaker above head unit and tweeters. It sounds better but not louder. I was going to try to get the JBL-DSP4086 like the guys on page 3 of this thread since it fits in the factory spot well. I was just concerned that the watts rating was more than what the speakers can handle and they could get damaged? Also If I already have an amp/sub tapped into the back speakers would this cause distortion or other problems to add a second amp?

Mhanna5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Vehicle Showcase
You can't use the factory amp if you install the DSR1 and F03 harness.
Thank you! So I would lose all amplification for all the speakers until I added an aftermarket amp?

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Are you doing an amp delete and upgrade? If so, the harness I mentioned in the first post (idatalink HRN-AR-FO3) will allow you to interface with the plugs above the drivers kick panel. See my system wiring diagram PDF: View attachment Audio System Wiring Jul12-2021.pdf

Here is an example of how you can connect the HRN-AR-FO3 to a Cat5e or Cat6e STP cable and subsequent audio equipment in the trunk: View attachment Audio Signal Wiring Black AFO3.pdf
I am just adding an amp and subwoofer for now. I like the mids and highs as is at the moment. In the future I might do the whole system. I had a pac amp pro for the subwoofer in my 2019, but I had the B&O system. I thought I ordered this option on this one but I got the 9 speakers. The harness from plug and play takes the signal from the radio itself, I hoping this will work.

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Take a picture of your audio amp. It’s located right above the hood opening handle and easily visible without removing anything.
20220617_163855.jpg

20220617_163845.jpg
Sponsored