Wiring guide for NON B&O premium audio systems. No LOC required.

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks, that helps out tremendously! Let yall know how it goes
Its official, I failed at this. No idea why im not getting any sound from the sub. Ive double, triple checked every connection. Moved the ground wire to what seems to be a good location. Took a wire from the negative on battery and used a multimeter to test the ground. Measured .001ohm. Tested every connection up to the subwoofer and got a reading. Did the 9v test on the sub and heard a "pop". Re-did my in line converter RCA's thinking the posi taps wasn’t good enough. Amp seems to be fine. Going to take to the stereo shop. Ive done all i can

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Theses diagrams are fantastic! I'm very new to audio. Are the outputs from the stock ACM to the DSP considered pre-amp? Or are they still speaker level?

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Theses diagrams are fantastic! I'm very new to audio. Are the outputs from the stock ACM to the DSP considered pre-amp? Or are they still speaker level?
Thank you.
For the Premium Non-B&O (9 speaker) systems, these are low-level (or pre-amp) signals. 2.7V

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Its official, I failed at this. No idea why im not getting any sound from the sub. Ive double, triple checked every connection. Moved the ground wire to what seems to be a good location. Took a wire from the negative on battery and used a multimeter to test the ground. Measured .001ohm. Tested every connection up to the subwoofer and got a reading. Did the 9v test on the sub and heard a "pop". Re-did my in line converter RCA's thinking the posi taps wasn’t good enough. Amp seems to be fine. Going to take to the stereo shop. Ive done all i can
That sucks! Do you sound coming from the rear speakers? If not check your fader. Or maybe you have a bad amp. Try connecting a set of regular RCA cables to the input and touch the tip with your finger, there should be enough noise to get some sound from the sub.

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
That sucks! Do you sound coming from the rear speakers? If not check your fader. Or maybe you have a bad amp. Try connecting a set of regular RCA cables to the input and touch the tip with your finger, there should be enough noise to get some sound from the sub.
Sound does come from the rear speakers. And I know they’re connected correctly because when I put rcas in the in preouts plug (just for fun) they shut off. I took the sub box to a stereo shop today and finally heard sound from it. They were busy so I scheduled to go back Wednesday for them to finish up. It’s mind boggling. I did everything I learned correct. Must be missing something.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Sound does come from the rear speakers. And I know they’re connected correctly because when I put rcas in the in preouts plug (just for fun) they shut off. I took the sub box to a stereo shop today and finally heard sound from it. They were busy so I scheduled to go back Wednesday for them to finish up. It’s mind boggling. I did everything I learned correct. Must be missing something.
If the speakers stopped playing when you plugged in the RCAs to the amp, then that would indicate a polarity issue with the signal grounding out. If shop got sound out of it, they likely figured out the problem.

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
If the speakers stopped playing when you plugged in the RCAs to the amp, then that would indicate a polarity issue with the signal grounding out. If shop got sound out of it, they likely figured out the problem.
Okay just to be clear I plugged them in the correct (input) female ends of the amp. Moved them to the preouts out of sheer frustration and the rear speakers stopped working. Moved them back to the correct connection and they came back. So ur saying my ground on the amp isn’t good?

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Okay just to be clear I plugged them in the correct (input) female ends of the amp. Moved them to the preouts out of sheer frustration and the rear speakers stopped working. Moved them back to the correct connection and they came back. So ur saying my ground on the amp isn’t good?
Ah I see. Well plugging them into a pre out is an output with a low impedance. You basically connected two outputs together. So that would cause the rears to shut off.

robsmack01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Ah I see. Well plugging them into a pre out is an output with a low impedance. You basically connected two outputs together. So that would cause the rears to shut off.
I’ll leave it to the shop to sort out. I really appreciate the advise and help. I’m sure it’s something I overlooked

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you.
For the Premium Non-B&O (9 speaker) systems, these are low-level (or pre-amp) signals. 2.7V
(From adding a sub perspective only) Hmm, just wondering why then is a LC2i used in a kit like the one from plugnplaykits.com? That's the harness they extend and tap into.. Couldn't one just use those low level signals directly into an amp? Or is the LC2i just used for bass restoration? I didn't know it could actually accept low level inputs. Sorry for newb questions, I like to know what I'm getting into before doing anything. Thanks again

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
By disabling factory eq you turn off bass rolloff

lc2i thouth, you add bass, so it can be called bass restoration in a way. I’ve used lc2i in other cars. It works fine. I’d rather real signal, vs creating a signal

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
(From adding a sub perspective only) Hmm, just wondering why then is a LC2i used in a kit like the one from plugnplaykits.com? That's the harness they extend and tap into.. Couldn't one just use those low level signals directly into an amp? Or is the LC2i just used for bass restoration? I didn't know it could actually accept low level inputs. Sorry for newb questions, I like to know what I'm getting into before doing anything. Thanks again
Do you have a 4" or 8" display on your center stack? Do you have Forscan and a programming device?

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 8" display. No forscan yet, but I planned on getting a device.

OP
OP
StangTime

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have the 8" display. No forscan yet, but I planned on getting a device.
You have 2 choices:
1. T-harness CARAV 12-240 behind the radio, run low-level signals back to the trunk down the drivers side. Run power down the passenger side from the battery. Hook up your sub amp and sub.
2. Grab signals off the rear speaker wires (no LC2i required IF you use an amp with hi-level signal sensing inputs. Run power down the passenger side from the battery. Hook up your sub amp and sub.

Now, @robsmack01 just did option 2 and he couldn't get his system working. This method has been proven to work. I am not sure what he did incorrectly. Waiting for him to report from the stereo shop.

Hyperformance Glass Products (HGP)