Sponsored

Wiring guide for NON B&O premium audio systems. No LOC required.

c4rn4g3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2022
The whole sound on the video is noise :) the engine is not started.
This Hertz article was a part of the initial configuration process, will try to play with it again.
New RCA cables will be delivered tomorrow, so I will check.

The thing is - those old long RCA cables are twisted and shielded and I had the same issue with them initially...
Sponsored

deadBird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dead
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I'm having wierd subwoofer issues.
  • I have a AudioControl D4.800 with a powered JL Audio sub & I've flattened the EQ in forscan.
  • The AudioControl RCA line-outs are connected to the sub.
  • Remote turn-on for the sub is set to signal.
  • The front inputs are headunit, the rear inputs are rca to 3.5mm aux.

When I play thru the aux input, the audio/sub is fine & perfect. But when I try to use the headunit inputs, the subwoofer does this wierd mis-hit. Sometimes it won't hit at all, or it will be delayed. I've tried swapping the inputs, changing DSP settings every which way and nothing has changed it. It's safe to say the DSP and Sub are fine. It has to be something with the headunit signal, maybe?

Edit: Fixed by switching from the RCA line out on the AudioControl, to speaker level tap using 3-way Wagos into the sub. Working good now. The switch changed the entire sound of the system, and is much louder. It's possibly low vs high level, based on the use of AudioControl's line outputs. But not using the line outs, it sounds 10x better now.

Last edited:

deadBird

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
dead
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Another thing - I have a non-default ACM 727 01 01 setup. I don't remember how it was by default but resetting to the factory or Ford website doesn't help. It disables part of the speakers, looks like it is the default for 6 speakers.
So the current setup is ACM 727-01-01 185A 3202 4Exx
Punch in your vin to get your original settings here. Set them back and see if the hum goes away.
Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com)
Sponsored