Sponsored

Winter Rims - which ones should I go with?

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Iconic Silver
Hey y'all....so my dilemma right now is choosing which rims to go with, and which colour.

This is for my '21 GT Iconic Silver with Black Accent Package.

My options right now are between these two sets of rims:

Fast Wheels Replika R241:

1632954050065.png

1632954238913.png

1632954260598.png

1632954281308.png

Fast Wheels Switch F212:

1632954108699.png

1632954147590.png

1632954195147.png

Thoughts?

Eric
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Of those choices I like the lighter Switch wheels as a change of pace from the black accent wheels.

But if I was in your shoes I would use the black accent wheels for winter and get wider ones for summer.

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of those choices I like the lighter Switch wheels as a change of pace from the black accent wheels.

But if I was in your shoes I would use the black accent wheels for winter and get wider ones for summer.
Yeah that was my plan as well to be honest (using the black accent wheels for winter) but they kinda grew on me and i like how they look for summer, plus i don't wanna get lowballed on trying to sell the stock summer tires if i decide to go with wider wheels for summer. So my game plan now is just to keep the stock wheels/tires for summers till those pzeros wear out in a few years and i'll junk them and decide on what I want then.

oh decisions decisions

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah that was my plan as well to be honest (using the black accent wheels for winter) but they kinda grew on me and i like how they look for summer, plus i don't wanna get lowballed on trying to sell the stock summer tires if i decide to go with wider wheels for summer. So my game plan now is just to keep the stock wheels/tires for summers till those pzeros wear out in a few years and i'll junk them and decide on what I want then.

oh decisions decisions
I would explore whether your current summer tires would still fit on the wider wheels. That way you could still use them until they wear out, and then replace with wider tires at that point.

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would explore whether your current summer tires would still fit on the wider wheels. That way you could still use them until they wear out, and then replace with wider tires at that point.
Yep I looked into it....I can fit the pzeros on a 9.5" rim but it'll stick out a little which I don't want

Sponsored

bellamor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang V6
If I were to choose, I will have to go with the R241 lighter model.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Yep I looked into it....I can fit the pzeros on a 9.5" rim but it'll stick out a little which I don't want
What'll stick out, the wheel? Tire doesn't have nearly as much to do with fitment as offset and width. A 255 on a 9.5 is the lower end of acceptable and I would think would look a little stretched if anything.

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What'll stick out, the wheel? Tire doesn't have nearly as much to do with fitment as offset and width. A 255 on a 9.5 is the lower end of acceptable and I would think would look a little stretched if anything.
That's what I meant sorry....that the tire will be either stretched or the rim will stick out from the tire like this:

1632971683648.png

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
That's what I meant sorry....that the tire will be either stretched or the rim will stick out from the tire like this:

1632971683648.png
I've seen that look on JDM tuner cars, but I think that's a lot more extreme example of narrow tire size vs. wider wheel size than your situation.

Sponsored

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I personally like the F212 lighter model.

The design imo seems to flow better with the car.
You're in the GTA area too, and as you know, the brine and salt can make dark colours look like white. Because of this, I personally prefer a lighter wheel colour for winter duty, as black or much darker colours constantly look dirty, if you're OCD about the cleanliness.

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've seen that look on JDM tuner cars, but I think that's a lot more extreme example of narrow tire size vs. wider wheel size than your situation.
Well I'm looking at it this way....the current stock setup is 8.5" rim and it's sitting flush with the width of the tire...so adding another inch of width to the same tire would likely yield something similar to the pictured setup no?

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Winter road salt, kills wheel finishes . Keep that in mind.
Yep totally putting that into consideration. Both these rims are winter approved according to their site.

OP
OP
Toretto

Toretto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I personally like the F212 lighter model.

The design imo seems to flow better with the car.
You're in the GTA area too, and as you know, the brine and salt can make dark colours look like white. Because of this, I personally prefer a lighter wheel colour for winter duty, as black or much darker colours constantly look dirty, if you're OCD about the cleanliness.
Yessir I'm super OCD and was thinking the same about rims looking grey/white anyway in the winter, and also lighter wheels yield a diff look for sure.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yep totally putting that into consideration. Both these rims are winter approved according to their site.
What exactly is winter approved? the coating lasting so many hours of salt sprayed at them?
THey never spray rock salt at them as that chip the coating and then the salt gets under the coating and all hell breaks loose ..
Have you looked into oem take off's.
I don't drive my Mustang in the winter, but my daily winter wheels are units I don't care too much about.
Sponsored