Sponsored

Wings and Wheels Clearwater Meet Date Change

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
No the event won't be until October 16th, if turn out sucks I will probably stop organizing them. Just too tough with all the other events going on.
OK, I marked my calendar for October, I'm assuming the same time of day.

Thank you for replying. I'm looking forward to meeting other mustang / car enthusiasts in the area.
Sponsored

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I run into a lot of S550 owners, actually had a motorcycle cop pull up to me and he has a GT S550, but everyone I talk to and tell them about the meets and to join this forum usually just gets brushed off. Probably around 15-20 S550's in my area, mostly all ecoboosts, would be nice to get a little cruise up to one of these meetings.

Ya a cruise would be nice!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I don't know if any of you have been following the "Modifying Asbuilt data" thread, but I have the MX odb2 reader and the software if anyone wants some the changes. I'll bring my laptop next month and it only takes a couple minutes to make the changes.

So far you can:

Turn off Door Ajar Chimes
Simultaneous High Beams & Fog Lights
Simultaneous Fog Lights & Turn Signal
Police Dark Mode
12v Powerpoint Timeout (Default)
12v Powerpoint Timeout (Immediate Timeout)
Turn off Double Honk Reminder (Engine On, No Keyfob)

There are some other items in the spreadsheet - mostly for Sync3 peeps.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-gytuV9qPfxvLLcFBIl6nt9h5MGW-NWEPc04cN-ro60/edit#gid=0

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Living in Florida offers so many different forms of outdoors activities it's difficult to get lots of people dedicated to a consistent schedule. You need more than just the attraction of the car. For instance the Pony Up group uses the club idea wrapped around all Mustangs and they get some of us S550 guys to show up regularly.

Maybe if we had a quarterly meet at a local Dyno shop for a WHP check you could get more cars to show up. Some would come to get a HP check others would come to see how it's done. Not sure how that would work but the shop would be introduced to new paying customers so it would be a win for them. And we'd get to meet like minded owners. Meet new people, test car, maybe get a bite to eat. Maybe have a couple HP contests with different classes, stock, NA Mods, FI.

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Living in Florida offers so many different forms of outdoors activities it's difficult to get lots of people dedicated to a consistent schedule. You need more than just the attraction of the car. For instance the Pony Up group uses the club idea wrapped around all Mustangs and they get some of us S550 guys to show up regularly.

Maybe if we had a quarterly meet at a local Dyno shop for a WHP check you could get more cars to show up. Some would come to get a HP check others would come to see how it's done. Not sure how that would work but the shop would be introduced to new paying customers so it would be a win for them. And we'd get to meet like minded owners. Meet new people, test car, maybe get a bite to eat. Maybe have a couple HP contests with different classes, stock, NA Mods, FI.
Great idea. Some other element to the meeting other than just a meet.

Sponsored

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
[MENTION=10213]stoli[/MENTION]

What the heck is Police Dark Mode?
Interior lights don't come on when you open a door or turn off the car; you have to manually turn them on.

Getdownonit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium

I'm inn! When I had mu fully built Whippled 02 Lightning I met about 20 Lightning owners about once a month for. :cheers:. We also met at Old Town in Orlando once a year. Then we would have like 60 Lightnings
together. For the first 4 or 5 Old Town gatherings I ran the show. Had a great time!

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
Anyone going today?

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21907]Built4Speed[/MENTION] I showed up at the Clearwater facility and found out about the venue switch at 6AM. So since I was already up i headed over to Davis Island. I'm glad I did. It was crowded and the place is at the southern end of the island so traffic was heavy headed that way. There was plenty of room for cars and it was still packed with many makes and models. At one point I thought every 2 door BMW in west Florida was there but there were lots of Ferraris there too. :)

Here are some pics:
917-1.jpg
917-2.jpg
917-3.jpg
917-4.jpg
917-5.jpg
917-6.jpg
917-7.jpg

Sponsored

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
[MENTION=21907]Built4Speed[/MENTION] I showed up at the Clearwater facility and found out about the venue switch at 6AM. So since I was already up i headed over to Davis Island. I'm glad I did. It was crowded and the place is at the southern end of the island so traffic was heavy headed that way. There was plenty of room for cars and it was still packed with many makes and models. At one point I thought every 2 door BMW in west Florida was there but there were lots of Ferraris there too. :)

Here are some pics:
Nice pics, thanks for sharing.

I got there a little after 10am, which is obviously too late as I see about 50 different sports cars heading out as I'm driving on Davis Island.

I'm definitely going to make it earlier for next month.

Look for me at the next meeting, I'm the magnetic Mustang in the pic.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21907]Built4Speed[/MENTION] Thanks but you must have used a real camera for your pics they are a lot better than mine. Next month the event will be back at the DuPont Registry offices. Not nearly as big of a turnout and 7AM to 9AM. But we do have the Mustang Monday to look forward to October 3rd. :headbang:

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
[MENTION=21907]Built4Speed[/MENTION] Thanks but you must have used a real camera for your pics they are a lot better than mine. Next month the event will be back at the DuPont Registry offices. Not nearly as big of a turnout and 7AM to 9AM. But we do have the Mustang Monday to look forward to October 3rd. :headbang:
That's the Samsung Galaxy S7 camera with a true HDR app called "A Better Camera."

What time and place is Mustang Monday? 5pm Biff's Burger in St Petersburg?

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=21907]Built4Speed[/MENTION] That is the place, you might want to try to get there before 5pm to get a good spot but just come and enjoy yourself we usually have a few S550s and M6G members there.

Ajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang GT PP
I'm inn! When I had mu fully built Whippled 02 Lightning I met about 20 Lightning owners about once a month for. :cheers:. We also met at Old Town in Orlando once a year. Then we would have like 60 Lightnings
together. For the first 4 or 5 Old Town gatherings I ran the show. Had a great time!

DSC_0127.jpg

OTheaderpic.jpg
Hey guys been MIA a bit. This pic. That's my old lightning on the right. Second one down. Silver 01. Good ol MikeyP there on left.
Sponsored