Sponsored

Wind whistle from right side of the car

marcogerges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I have been getting this ridiculously loud wind whistle out of no where on my 2015 Mustang. I know for a fact it comes from the right side of the car, cause with the right window down I can hear it so loud and clear and I determined that it's from that side. Has anyone been experiencing this? It's driving me nuts since its so hard to cruise over 45 mph without hearing this, and I can even hear it with the windows up. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me determine where this whistle might be coming out of since I have to drive from Florida to South Carolina soon, and this whistle will make me kill myself from how annoyingly loud it can get.

Sponsored

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I and another member have this issue. He is taking his in for an oil change and going to try to replicate the problem for a tech. We both claim the front right side as well. Mine sort of has this around 102 km/h, on the slow down. Also around 40 km/h. I don't think it's as drastic as the way you describe it....but it is there. Never took mine in as I can't always replicate....and I know based on Murphy's law that it won't do it when I need it to. Lol. Hopefully he sees this post and will post whatever's he finds. I will end up having mine looked at at some point as well. Let us know if you get it hammered out pls...

OP
OP

marcogerges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

I managed to get another video this morning on my way to church and here it is. It's a lot more clear here

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very hard to hear it on the vid man....but I know the noise you are talking about....kind of like blowing on a beer bottle sort of right?

OP
OP

marcogerges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Very hard to hear it on the vid man....but I know the noise you are talking about....kind of like blowing on a beer bottle sort of right?
Exactly. And it's annoying as hell, especially if I'm driving in the opposite direction of the wind.

Sponsored

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know our cars have a vent in front of the tires in the front fender. At one point I thought it could have been air whistling through that but only front passenger side....

OP
OP

marcogerges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I know our cars have a vent in front of the tires in the front fender. At one point I thought it could have been air whistling through that but only front passenger side....
I'm not sure where the whistle would be coming from but I completely isolated it to the front passenger side too...

demarad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just as a question in case I take mine in and they ask....how did you isolate it to the front passenger side?

OP
OP

marcogerges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Just as a question in case I take mine in and they ask....how did you isolate it to the front passenger side?
When I open the left window, all I get is completely ordinary wind noise. But when I open the right window, I can clearly hear the loud whistle in the 2nd video I posted.
With both windows up, I can hear some whistling coming from the right side of the vehicle, which is completely drowned by just opening the left window (because the regular wind noise overtakes it). While opening the right window just amplifies the wind whistle so much more.

Sponsored
OP
OP

marcogerges

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
https://goo.gl/photos/okULLmX2VqzpdJYA9
https://goo.gl/photos/LDc1DeEmPyCRETbX8

I actually blocked the right vent in the bumper to see if the wind going through it is what's causing the noise. but nothing has changed at all. So this eliminates this part of the bumper, and here are pictures.

I think it might be coming from somewhere by the door or by the top part of the windshield or something

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
Try folding in the right mirror and see if it still makes the noise.

Xavier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I just bought my 2016 on Saturday and noticed a similar noise. I put the passenger side window down and it didn't change though. It almost sounds like it's coming through the windshield. Also more of a rustling sound and less of a whistle but still annoying.
Sponsored