Sponsored

Will we ever again see a Mustang on a dealer lot FS?

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP1 A10, '20 Armada,'15 Tundra,14' GS350F
Sure, that is why you posted you can't get help.
Good night.
My tall boots are at the repair shop.
LOL!!! Yep, I’m making all of this up! Again, you can’t pick up what I’m putting down. Not sure why, or if you’re choosing to ignore facts, but it is what it is.
Ships and freight are not moving, because people are sitting at home.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
LOL!!! Yep, I’m making all of this up! Again, you can’t pick up what I’m putting down. Not sure why, or if you’re choosing to ignore facts, but it is what it is.
Ships and freight are not moving, because people are sitting at home.
Wrong, ships and frieght are not moving because cali, being cali, and being stupid. forcing thousands of rigs off the roads that would normally service the ports.
but why use facts.
If cali. tomorrow, allowed rigs built before 2011 to be tagged again, and let owner /op's service the ports. the back log would be history.FACT.
If people forced cali. to revoke that part of the bill/law/act. this would be over. but the talking heads has everyone thinking it is a labor issue. spin, spin, sugar

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
Wrong, ships and frieght are not moving because cali, being cali, and being stupid. forcing thousands of rigs off the roads that would normally service the ports.
but why use facts.
If cali. tomorrow, allowed rigs built before 2011 to be tagged again, and let owner /op's service the ports. the back log would be history.FACT.
If people forced cali. to revoke that part of the bill/law/act. this would be over. but the talking heads has everyone thinking it is a labor issue. spin, spin, sugar
I had to buy all the stupid DPF trucks too. Millions of dollars worth, I get it. And I agree - that absolutely did not help. You are correct there and I will agree with you. Thankfully the Ports I service allow me to use Owner-opps, for now. We’re only required to run DPF 2007 engine year, which is 2008 model year and newer trucks. It has absolutely sucked. The DPF/DEF engines are 100% more unreliable and have cost me a shit ton. I raised my rates and put a congestion fee in place to offset operating costs.
Still, labor is a serious issue and unemployment has very much effected our business. At this time, labor to unload containers has superseded the drivers that can move the containers to our facility. Although, they are both very big issues.
An issue that’s hadn’t been mentioned is chassis, which is just as important. They are required to haul containers. I have about 40, and could easily use 75 more. I reached out to the major MFG’s across the US, and the ones that import from
China - no go. My Rep said earliest is 2023 for delivery. That does not help right now.
Biggest problem in regard to that, the Steamship lines won’t give us empty return locations for the containers. So
I can’t free up my chassis.
That’s deeper than we need to go, but all related. Lots of issues in the industry.
I get it, believe me.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love MX and spend 20% + of my time in PDC shuttling effortlessly between Monterrey, Guadalajara and Mexico on new jets with hot flight attendants in efficient airports, often booking one way the day or hours before at very good prices. No cancellations and few delays and no attitude from airport personnel....almost feels like W Europe or Asia haha.
Yet you don't live there. you know why, I know why, you are not foolin anyone.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to buy all the stupid DPF trucks too. Millions of dollars worth, I get it. And I agree - that absolutely did not help. You are correct there and I will agree with you. Thankfully the Ports I service allow me to use Owner-opps, for now. We’re only required to run DPF 2007 engine year, which is 2008 model year and newer trucks. It has absolutely sucked. The DPF/DEF engines are 100% more unreliable and have cost me a shit ton. I raised my rates and put a congestion fee in place to offset operating costs.
Still, labor is a serious issue and unemployment has very much effected our business. At this time, labor to unload containers has superseded the drivers that can move the containers to our facility. Although, they are both very big issues.
An issue that’s hadn’t been mentioned is chassis, which is just as important. They are required to haul containers. I have about 40, and could easily use 75 more. I reached out to the major MFG’s across the US, and the ones that import from
China - no go. My Rep said earliest is 2023 for delivery. That does not help right now.
Biggest problem in regard to that, the Steamship lines won’t give us empty return locations for the containers. So
I can’t free up my chassis.
That’s deeper than we need to go, but all related. Lots of issues in the industry.
I get it, believe me.
You can't claim a labor issue, when you don't have rigs for drivers to drive, you can't move cargo, without rigs, to move it.
Right now, drivers show up for a shift and are waiting on a rig to drive.
Again, If I was king the welfare state would go back to the way it was in the depression, you wanted the government hand out, you showed up at where they told you to go, and worked . not sit on your butt, and collect a check. But I'm not a king, All I can do is, be involved and try to get things changed, most can't be bothered so we have what we have. Many want to work, but most employers have become too damn picky. x years in industry, not willing to train .
A family members has gone to many interviews knowing the job is asking for 2-5 years in the industry, is willing to start at a lower wage, and learn as he goes. Sorry not interested. Yet, out the other side of their mouth they claim they can't get help. Wonder why.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Renault did go out of business and we're rescued by at least 3 state sponsored bailouts. Their market share shrank dramatically to the point that a tie up with Nissan and the product sharing from them was the only way they could produce cars that few wanted to buy in the end.
That's a different story and has nothing to do with the ordering model. At the time I'm talking about they had already been state-owned for about a decade or so, if memory serves.
I don't know what happened at the top, how much money Ghosn stole or didn't steal, and I don't even care. All I know is that over here Renault sales have been reasonably strong for the past two decades, and they're still selling quite well today.

But anyway, that's not really the point. I only mentioned Renault because that's what I happened to buy at that time, but Renault was not alone. The other manufacturers started doing the same at about the same time.

Water and money flows in the path of least resistance and if in need a car I will buy one from whomever has the general spec that I want, unless it's an aspirational brand, which Ford is definitely on the bottom of brand desirability lists.
Yeah, but if all manufacturers use the same sales strategy, then you may not be able to find the general spec that you want unless you're willing to custom-order and wait. Because they don't base their strategy on the opinions of a handful of car enthusiasts on the internet. They base it on the majority of the potential customers, who will most likely be willing to wait a bit more just to get a car in the right spec at a slightly better price.
If most of the potential customers think like you (or like me, twenty years ago), then of course the manufacturers will be forced to stick with the old sales model, as you say. But what if they don't? In Europe they didn't.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a different story and has nothing to do with the ordering model. At the time I'm talking about they had already been state-owned for about a decade or so, if memory serves.
I don't know what happened at the top, how much money Ghosn stole or didn't steal, and I don't even care. All I know is that over here Renault sales have been reasonably strong for the past two decades, and they're still selling quite well today.

But anyway, that's not really the point. I only mentioned Renault because that's what I happened to buy at that time, but Renault was not alone. The other manufacturers started doing the same at about the same time.

Yeah, but if all manufacturers use the same sales strategy, then you may not be able to find the general spec that you want unless you're willing to custom-order and wait. Because they don't base their strategy on the opinions of a handful of car enthusiasts on the internet. They base it on the majority of the potential customers, who will most likely be willing to wait a bit more just to get a car in the right spec at a slightly better price.
If most of the potential customers think like you (or like me, twenty years ago), then of course the manufacturers will be forced to stick with the old sales model, as you say. But what if they don't? In Europe they didn't.
I think With some vehicles Ordering it won't take long from order to delivery. Look at the Mach-e. It is offered in two trims, and no options outside those trim levels.
Making the "just in time" parts ordering work with a business model like a mostly ordered to suit operation.
Where the vehicle only comes as base, or prem trim. and what color you want it.
I just don't see it working, people are not willing to wait on slow service, or wifi. Waiting weeks for a vehicle mostly likely won't fly with the general public. at least here.
The person that wants his/her car/truck Their way and won't settle will be willing to wait, but those that see vehicles as just a tool to get from point A to point B, will not.
I mean in 2019 92 MILLION vehicles were produced, That number is possible because many units went down a line all built the same way , then sent to dealers.
If the line has to goto a order by order basis. the back log of units will be in the millions.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It's true. The American market may be different and may react differently over time. We'll see...

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
This is great for those of us who already have a Mustang and wanna sell it ain't it?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is great for those of us who already have a Mustang and wanna sell it ain't it?
Nah, Some things like a niche vehicle many are willing to wait.
I'd not touch a used performance car. Been there done that.

Sponsored

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
I'm just hoping my '22 Mach 1 order afrrives by May.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
PS - $19.00hr in Portland ends up at $2493.00 MO after taxes/insurance/etc….
So your average kid that just graduated, can EASILY live in any apartment within 60 miles of our facility, have a beater car and eat/live just fine.
$19/hr as a mouth-breather is DAMN rich.

"The website Glassdoor shows that skilled labor and manufacturing workers at John Deere make anywhere from $18 per hour to $30 per hour. For example, the average pay for an assembler is about $22 per hour, while welders make an average of $28 per hour. A full-time employee earning $22 per hour would make an annual salary of $45,760."

TundraOnKings

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
You can't claim a labor issue, when you don't have rigs for drivers to drive, you can't move cargo, without rigs, to move it.
Right now, drivers show up for a shift and are waiting on a rig to drive.
Again, If I was king the welfare state would go back to the way it was in the depression, you wanted the government hand out, you showed up at where they told you to go, and worked . not sit on your butt, and collect a check. But I'm not a king, All I can do is, be involved and try to get things changed, most can't be bothered so we have what we have. Many want to work, but most employers have become too damn picky. x years in industry, not willing to train .
A family members has gone to many interviews knowing the job is asking for 2-5 years in the industry, is willing to start at a lower wage, and learn as he goes. Sorry not interested. Yet, out the other side of their mouth they claim they can't get help. Wonder why.
It goes back and forth on rigs vs drivers. I recently and thankfully filled all of our trucks up, but I did have 4 or 5 sitting for longer than I would have liked. Now, I just went to purchase another DPF truck, and they are $20K over what I was paying a year ago. So I'll hold off for a bit.
I agree with your depression/no free handouts statement, entirely.

That's odd on picky employers. Most Class A CDL companies in our area will train for free and help acquire a Class A CDL. Almost any class A that test-drives with us is hired. I will also hire Class C, move and encourage the drivers to pick up their Class B (which I pay for all licensing, and use of our truck for testing). Then once they have 2 years' experience as class B, I will pay for them (and again, let them use my trucks for free testing) to move into a Class A license/position.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I may buy a Tesla if I get too old and feeble to own a Ford Mustang.

I am currently very happy with my 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350. It's the here and now. It's fast and much faster than the best GM car.

It's also much faster than those stupid Stellantis Dodge cars which are owned by some Euro Company in Italy? That is just a FIG (Fix it Again) car.
Sponsored