Sponsored

Will we ever again see a Mustang on a dealer lot FS?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
"...the state’s clean air regulations have been in place since 2008."

"96% of the trucks that serve the ports are already compliant with the state's Truck and Bus Regulation..."

California’s trucking regulations may have had an impact on port backups, but there’s more to it
Thousands of trucks were sold out of state because of this law.and The lack of replacements to trucking fleets is 1/10th of what was pulled from fleet.
Carry on. Again, cali being cali. and being stupid as F.
Fact is when you take tens of thousands of trucks servicing the ports out of the schedule , you can't move the shipments coming in. leaving the ships off the coast waiting.
The ports have no more room for more containers you need trucks to get them out of the ports. The bottle neck is the trucks, but the media isn't going to report that truthfully, as it put a big black mark on their push to off the fosil fuel.
The bill started in 2008, but the not renewing tags on the trucks started in 2020. Funny how there wasn't a back up till the non-renewal of tags part of the bill came on line.
Funny how that worked.
I know I know the trucking companies should have just ordered a few Billion dollars worth of new tractors, and took the money for that off the money trees in the back office.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Rental, Uber, Lyft, taxi, bus, carpool. Problem solved. 😁
Uhhhhh .............................. There are no buses in rural south west TX. Ditto Uber

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
He also hadn't checked what even the econobox pos rental cost lately either
Nor do I care because my insurance covers it.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Uhhhhh .............................. There are no buses in rural south west TX. Ditto Uber
Honestly not sure Ford or any manufacturer is going loose sleep over a lack transportation options in rural TX. I wouldn’t expect that to impact their strategy for having or not having excess vehicles on their lots.

Sponsored

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
"...the state’s clean air regulations have been in place since 2008."

"96% of the trucks that serve the ports are already compliant with the state's Truck and Bus Regulation..."
FFS.

What possible meaning can be given to a statement that says the trucks serving the port are compliant with the regulations for the trucks serving the port, especially if you're looking at it as a rate limiting step? That's almost the same level of stupid as saying "All of the people who showed up for this meeting are here."

Let's try asking "What percentage of trucks that aren't serving the port are compliant?", since the need is to increase the number of trucks serving the port.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not to mention serving the port is not the problem per se, it's getting it into off-port staging and then across the country. A blanket waiver to allow any and all trucks into the state as long as the dest is a port or out of state should help considerably. As would incentive pay. But the next hop in intermodal has its own share of bottlenecks. So moving the pig in the python for the sake of moving it doesn't accomplish a whole lot

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
it's a shame Biden doesn't whip out the "interstate commerce" clause and cram CA's rules back down it's throat (if only temporarily). The Whitehouse/Congress reach for that clause at the drop of a hat when it suits them other times... IC was designed and intended for examples just like this.
doesn’t fit the WH agenda, so why bother? it’s quite unfortunate what this country is becoming

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Definitely when the country is on the cusp of a major economic downturn, you don't want to get caught with a lot of inventory that no one wants to buy.

Seems like we are very near the point where regulations are going to kill the economy. It will be fascinating to see what happens. I know the news won't tell the truth. Kind of like they keep talking about the high gas prices and never say the real reason. They keep talking about chip shortage but don't explain why. Meanwhile they talk about even more stringent regulations.

Sponsored

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
No it does not, if your car craps the bed. If totaled there are limits , you are not getting a rental for 5-6 months while you wait. Good luck with that.
Regardless, I’m not concerned with it and doubt any manufacturers care about rental car prices or stocking excess cars on their lot because of them.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I think that I am OK with ordering. I ordered my GT350, four other Mustangs, and three trucks from the same Ford dealer.

The deal is order and then pay for it when it gets off the transport. No deposit required. I knew more about the car/truck than the salesman.

This was my best race car tow truck: A 2004 Ford XLT F-350 4X4 with the towing package and the roof lights.
VDCA1.jpg

I just changed the oil and the transmission fluid. It went from Watkins Glen to Sebring 5 times. With many stops at Road Atlanta, VIR, Mid-Ohio, Road America, and Daytona.

I didn't want to worry about the tow truck or trailer. I needed to get the race car right.

VDCA2a.jpg

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
I would think this would be a great way to avoid ADMs on hot cars.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
it's a shame Biden doesn't whip out the "interstate commerce" clause and cram CA's rules back down it's throat (if only temporarily). The Whitehouse/Congress reach for that clause at the drop of a hat when it suits them other times... IC was designed and intended for examples just like this.
When you own the second largest port system in the world (LA/LB) - not to mention the unparalleled logistical network connected to it (highways, airports, railroads, warehouses, etc.) you wield immense power and influence over the regulatory scheme. And while people bitch and moan, there are still a lot of people who make a lot of money wheelin and dealin in the So Cal transportation world.

As for the Feds puttin' the smack down on California, you have to understand that the State of CA has armies of lawyers and Administrative agencies that love to litigate this shit so it is put to the harshest of tests to see if these laws/regs/etc. can run the legal gauntlet.

Finally, any major cases will end up before the CA Supreme Court or the 9th Circuit - who usually side with the state. And this is where the final battle usually takes place as the USSC only takes up ~ 1.5% of civil cases on request for certiorari.

Maybe you can run a railroad from the western coast of Mexico to Texas - as long as you can accept 25% of your cargo disappearing before it gets to the US:crackup:

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
So, do you really think the government is going to solve this problem?
Sponsored