Sponsored

Will we ever again see a Mustang on a dealer lot FS?

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Could be just a lame explanation for the fact they are hardly building any cars and the lots are empty.
Sponsored

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
the actuality is, a car dealership is a real-estate play. They sell cars just to have something to do.

What's the market value of the dealership network? A few billion? It's not going anywhere. Even if it devolves to a glorified demo-fleet and a place to unbox your car, physical presence will always be necessary.
I would also think, there must be a place to get service and warranty work to be performed. They must make money on service and body work and such, so I hope dealerships stay around in some form.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I don't buy it considering they are selling around 6 BN in green credits that cost them nothing. No transparency means no integrity. In any case there models are very old now the Asians and Euros will wipe them out in no time.
So their revenue has doubled in the past two years, while at the same time other auto manufacturers are buying less and less credits from them, but all that extra revenue has come from the credits they are selling less of?

Where do you get $6billion from? You know Tesla is a publicly traded company so their SEC fillings are available Tesla Investor Relations

Math=Life 🤑

Last edited:

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
That profit was 100% selling green credits to ICE mfgs who are now rolling out own and won't need than anymore. One mfg alone said they are now saving $2BN yr not buying Tesla credits.
I think maybe your math is broken?

As was stated, 1.1 billion profit. 354 Million came from the sale of credits.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
There is no transparency on where revenue comes from if one co spent $2 BN it makes sense the other 6+ spent min $6 BN....common sense closer to 10 BN they certainly didn't sell 250K cars at $124K each...more like avg $65K ea max.
I highlighted the relevant bit Tesla Q2 SEC Filing
Screenshot 2021-10-23 at 22-13-24 10-Q.png

Edit as I just saw your edit. 250k cars and $124k each would be $31 billion, so I am not sure what that supposed to mean. Tesla sold a little over 200k cars last quarter. If you take their revenue from car sales, that's about $46k per car. This really went off on a tangent; I dont even like Tesla. Math is hard I guess.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yupper big sh$t is going down right now. America is being destroyed. Not finding a Mustang on the lot is a tiny part of the issue and most people have no clue what’s really going on.
Yup, the media seems to skip over the real reason for the backlog of cargo ships off the west coast waiting to be unloaded, it isn't labor shortages.
It is Cali, being Cali. and being stupid as #$%^.
A law went into affect in 2020 that Cali. would not renew any tractors tags that the model year of manufacture was before 2011 taking thousands of trucks off the roads AND to top it off, made owner ,operators unwelcome in the ports and state.
The back log is from lack of tractors to ship the goods, because Cali. thinks it rules the world. And said F everyone we don't care.
Funny the bought and paid for media skipped over this fact. As it show what is coming for all the other states that passed laws with the same requirements that have crippled the nation.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
it's a shame Biden doesn't whip out the "interstate commerce" clause and cram CA's rules back down it's throat (if only temporarily). The Whitehouse/Congress reach for that clause at the drop of a hat when it suits them other times... IC was designed and intended for examples just like this.

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Yup, the media seems to skip over the real reason for the backlog of cargo ships off the west coast waiting to be unloaded, it isn't labor shortages.
A law went into affect in 2020 that Cali. would not renew any tractors tags that the model year of manufacture was before 2011 taking thousands of trucks off the roads AND to top it off, made owner ,operators unwelcome in the ports and state.
The back log is from lack of tractors to ship the goods, because Cali. thinks it rules the world. And said F everyone we don't care.
Funny the bought and paid for media skipped over this fact. As it show what is coming for all the other states that passed laws with the same requirements that have crippled the nation.
"...the state’s clean air regulations have been in place since 2008."

"96% of the trucks that serve the ports are already compliant with the state's Truck and Bus Regulation..."

California’s trucking regulations may have had an impact on port backups, but there’s more to it

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
it's a shame Biden doesn't whip out the "interstate commerce" clause and cram CA's rules back down it's throat (if only temporarily). The Whitehouse/Congress reach for that clause at the drop of a hat when it suits them other times... IC was designed and intended for examples just like this.
It be a little too little a little too late, I'm sure all the trucking companies that trucks were 2010 or older already sold them to other companies out side the state.
The fed would have to force cali to allow 2010 and older rigs to operate in the state and even then, What trucking company is going to drive from out of state and across it to the ports, only to be harrassed by the state dot. and make money driving that many miles unloaded to pick up at the port. The company would have to charge such a high rate , it never get traction.
Sponsored