Will we ever again see a Mustang on a dealer lot FS?

Hanavarian

Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
I think With some vehicles Ordering it won't take long from order to delivery. Look at the Mach-e. It is offered in two trims, and no options outside those trim levels.
Making the "just in time" parts ordering work with a business model like a mostly ordered to suit operation.
Where the vehicle only comes as base, or prem trim. and what color you want it.
I just don't see it working, people are not willing to wait on slow service, or wifi. Waiting weeks for a vehicle mostly likely won't fly with the general public. at least here.
The person that wants his/her car/truck Their way and won't settle will be willing to wait, but those that see vehicles as just a tool to get from point A to point B, will not.
I mean in 2019 92 MILLION vehicles were produced, That number is possible because many units went down a line all built the same way , then sent to dealers.
If the line has to goto a order by order basis. the back log of units will be in the millions.
In Europe when I order a EUR 50K plus car I get to choose from 100+ a la carte options whick makes ordering worth while.

Waiting 4 months for choice 3-4 bundles, pathetic 2-3 seat colors, and a few other selections is a joke.

People will spend else where just like my friend who spent 100K on new GMC Denali because it was on the lot and he liked it.

Perhaps consumers will embrace the old Soviet model of 6 color choices, 2 interiors, and wait forever to get it haha.

Time will tell.
Advertisement

Jimmy

Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
This is great for those of us who already have a Mustang and wanna sell it ain't it?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
This is great for those of us who already have a Mustang and wanna sell it ain't it?
Nah, Some things like a niche vehicle many are willing to wait.
I'd not touch a used performance car. Been there done that.

RobZ71LM7

Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
I'm just hoping my '22 Mach 1 order afrrives by May.

shogun32

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Vehicle Showcase
PS - $19.00hr in Portland ends up at $2493.00 MO after taxes/insurance/etc….
So your average kid that just graduated, can EASILY live in any apartment within 60 miles of our facility, have a beater car and eat/live just fine.
$19/hr as a mouth-breather is DAMN rich.

"The website Glassdoor shows that skilled labor and manufacturing workers at John Deere make anywhere from $18 per hour to $30 per hour. For example, the average pay for an assembler is about $22 per hour, while welders make an average of $28 per hour. A full-time employee earning $22 per hour would make an annual salary of $45,760."

TundraOnKings

Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Prem PP1
You can't claim a labor issue, when you don't have rigs for drivers to drive, you can't move cargo, without rigs, to move it.
Right now, drivers show up for a shift and are waiting on a rig to drive.
Again, If I was king the welfare state would go back to the way it was in the depression, you wanted the government hand out, you showed up at where they told you to go, and worked . not sit on your butt, and collect a check. But I'm not a king, All I can do is, be involved and try to get things changed, most can't be bothered so we have what we have. Many want to work, but most employers have become too damn picky. x years in industry, not willing to train .
A family members has gone to many interviews knowing the job is asking for 2-5 years in the industry, is willing to start at a lower wage, and learn as he goes. Sorry not interested. Yet, out the other side of their mouth they claim they can't get help. Wonder why.
It goes back and forth on rigs vs drivers. I recently and thankfully filled all of our trucks up, but I did have 4 or 5 sitting for longer than I would have liked. Now, I just went to purchase another DPF truck, and they are $20K over what I was paying a year ago. So I'll hold off for a bit.
I agree with your depression/no free handouts statement, entirely.

That's odd on picky employers. Most Class A CDL companies in our area will train for free and help acquire a Class A CDL. Almost any class A that test-drives with us is hired. I will also hire Class C, move and encourage the drivers to pick up their Class B (which I pay for all licensing, and use of our truck for testing). Then once they have 2 years' experience as class B, I will pay for them (and again, let them use my trucks for free testing) to move into a Class A license/position.

OP
OP
95CobraR

95CobraR

Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I may buy a Tesla if I get too old and feeble to own a Ford Mustang.

I am currently very happy with my 2019 Mustang Shelby GT350. It's the here and now. It's fast and much faster than the best GM car.

It's also much faster than those stupid Stellantis Dodge cars which are owned by some Euro Company in Italy? That is just a FIG (Fix it Again) car.

Advertisement

63 - Late Model Restoration - 2
Advertisement