FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 17 ecoboost premium, last year I bought a full set of Calipers front back, rotors, front brake lines, dust shields, and brake lines from a GT base with 900 miles (275 bucks) well part of me wishing I went red for my cars brakes.

Any reason why I cant get these and swap out my current GT base brakes?

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-fr...2019-bullitt-style-pair-gt-2015-2020/p/BC40P/

I can just use red paint and paint the rears. Those aren't as a big deal as the fronts imo. I don't want to go through hassle of repainting them and possibly looking like crap.

Would I need a bigger brake master cylinder?? any reasons why they wouldn't work? sweet spot would be $500. id upgrade for that. Do I need larger rotors too? I have no idea if these are GT base rotors are same size.

Anyone know cheapest place to buy these? Levittown etc?

current brakes.
IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0371.JPG
Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
It seems like the Bullitt brakes are a visual upgrade from the PP brakes. If this is correct, you would need to have the PP Brembos already to just upgrade the calipers.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-pe...nce-pack-ecoboost-base-gt-2015-2020/p/M2300V/

That is the kit to upgrade from the 4 pot (non-pp) brakes (which you have) to the 6 pot Brembos. The PP cars have bigger rotors, different pad, lines, ect.

Could also call CJ's to confirm too, but I think I'm correct.

:like:

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Alrighty. If was direct no extra work I was interested I already put the time installing these to have to do all over

Thank you for ingo
Sponsored