Sponsored

Will the Shelby GT 350 fenders bolt on the GT?

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
It would be awesome if it did
Sponsored

jmstang66

Performance Media Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
seeing the GT350R at Mustang Week, and a S550 GT across from it, the lines from the bumper to the fender are completely different, so no way you could just do a bumper swap. And like stated above, the whole front clip (fenders, bumper, hood) is completely different

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Headlights are an inch lower on the GT350, so no, the front fascia, hood and fenders will not bolt on without the gt350 front crash structure
^^This. The front end of the car is completely different down to the frame.

grecoan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT performance package
I would like vented fenders but who knows how long that will be before we see that on the market

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
The radiator support is made from carbon fiber reinforced plastic on the GT350 it is steel with plastic molded around it on the the regular Mustang. The part that drops on on the GT drops much more on the GT350. Probably uses a different radiator as well. I bet the entire conversion would cost $20k.

The front fender vent and flare could be copied onto the stock fender by an aftermarket company. This is what I hope happens as it is the only part I like better than the normal mustang front end.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
The fender vents should be relatively easy for an aftermarket company to copy. The question will be fitment and quality of those new fenders.

As for a conversion, it would be pretty pricy... You will need at a minimum a new radiator core support (carbon fiber one), hood, fenders, bumper, grille, and any small supporting hardware. Based on the prices I have seen this can easily total $10K.

Ron Avery

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT coupe
You would have to replace the entire front clip, Hood, Fenders, Bumper (including all the trim and hardware) as well as the Side Sills. My concern is whether the GT-350 Hood will fit with the 5.0 because of the way the GT-350's Hood is So Much Lower than the Standard Mustang GT Hood.
I think the GT 350 has a dry sump oiling system, that would mean the engine in the GT 350 sits lower than the GT.
Ron

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I think the GT 350 has a dry sump oiling system, that would mean the engine in the GT 350 sits lower than the GT.
Ron
My concern is that the Hood on the GT-350 is quite a bit lower than the Stock Mustang/GT Hood, which is evidenced by the raised section of the hood that meets the raised corners of the fenders near the A Pillar on all Mustangs except the GT-350. THE GT-350's engine sits lower in the engine bay so I'm not sure that a GT-350 Hood will clear the 5.0's engine height.

Walt1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50th Anniversary
Headlights are an inch lower on the GT350, so no, the front fascia, hood and fenders will not bolt on without the gt350 front crash structure
^Truth

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
My guess is it will all bolt up, its just a question of how much you have to buy. Bare minimum of probably fenders, bumper, core support, and maybe the hood. Not to mention the small stuff like fender liners and undertray parts.

Walt1120

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 50th Anniversary
Source?

Source?
My guess is it will all bolt up, its just a question of how much you have to buy. Bare minimum of probably fenders, bumper, core support, and maybe the hood. Not to mention the small stuff like fender liners and undertray parts.
Its not hidden information, just google it. The ford video of them making the gt350 has all that info as well as many articles describing the gt350

Topspeed.com:
"Visually, this is one of the angriest pony cars ever created, let alone meanest looking Mustang. Ford has turned everything up to 11 on the visual front for this new car. From the A-pillar forward, the car is completely different from a base mustang in every way aside from the headlamps.

The whole nose has been shrunk in every direction to reduce aerodynamic drag. The result is a body that looks to be stretched over the engine bay. There are parts of this new lower hood assembly that sit as much as two inches lower than a base GT."

Car and driver:
"everything ahead of the A-pillars has been massaged, and the headlamps sit about one inch lower than they do on the standard-fare Stang"

You need every body part in front of the windshield. But even then, the entire car sits lower to the ground. If you put all gt350 stuff on the front, the bottom of the front end will most likely sit awkwardley lower to the ground than any of the side and rear body parts on the regular mustang

You cant just get one front end thing as all the front dimensions are different from the regular mustang, even just the hood is different as it has a sharper curve down towards the front to match up with the lower position of the front fascia of the gt350

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
seems rather open for interpretation...

I will be surprised to find that any of the actual chassis is different at all.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It's not the chassis that's the problem. The frame is likely the same.

It's all of the supports for the fenders, headlights, front bumper and all of the crash stuff under the bumper. Everything sits lower on the GT350.

The hood likely won't fit because the 5.0 sits higher in the car too. If that doesn't fit then it will be taller than the fenders too and it just won't work overall.

If you could do it, again, you're talking $10k for just the front end stuff. It's likely not worth it and probably wont fit anyway because of the way the 5.0 sits in the car.
Sponsored