Sponsored

Will the Ford Performance Oil-air separator work with Power Pack 2?

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I know Ford says it won't fit, but was curious if others were able to tweak it to fit. I know I could go with lots of other ones, but I want it to be an OEM part. I don't want to drop $160 to find out it's not going to work.

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Isn't there a separate one that works with a GT350? I think the only difference is the connection on the intake manifold itself.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Yes it fits. Very tight though. I have pp2 and oil catch can setup.
20190427_103536.jpg

OP
OP
CrashOverride

CrashOverride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Isn't there a separate one that works with a GT350? I think the only difference is the connection on the intake manifold itself.
The problem is that the throttle body adapter sits on an adaptor, and that clocks the GT350 throttle body at a bit of an angle. Because of that, things get very crowded in there, and that's why Ford says it won't work.

But, where there is a will, there is always a way.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
The problem is that the throttle body adapter sits on an adaptor, and that clocks the GT350 throttle body at a bit of an angle. Because of that, things get very crowded in there, and that's why Ford says it won't work.

But, where there is a will, there is always a way.
Oh yeah the PP2 doesn't have the intake manifold thats right. I've still got my Ford separator in the garage I took off when I did the blower.

Luke17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Roush Stage 2
what about PP3? will it fit voodoo intake?

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
what about PP3? will it fit voodoo intake?
It should fit perfectly. The PP3 uses the GT350 intake manifold, throttle body, intake tube and airbox so both the driver and passenger side GT350 oil separator should fit perfectly.

Chomorro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6SPD Premium PP1
Yes it fits. Very tight though. I have pp2 and oil catch can setup.
20190427_103536.jpg
I was searching for oil Seperators that fit the power pack 2 and came across this thread. How did you route the vacuum hoses? You didnt have to cut the engine cover and it looks like you clearly have way more space then I do after following the instructions. Have any pics with out the cover?

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
I was searching for oil Seperators that fit the power pack 2 and came across this thread. How did you route the vacuum hoses? You didnt have to cut the engine cover and it looks like you clearly have way more space then I do after following the instructions. Have any pics with out the cover?
Sorry I sold the car last year and bought a mint S2000. No cutting at all. I just jammed it in there. It was very tight.

The current owned ripped everything out and went with the JLT catch can because of the stage 2 whipple supercharger kit it wouldn't fit at all.

Sponsored

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I just came across this thread and had the same problem. I ended up push clipping the top part and zip tieing the bottom. It fits very snug, but isn't pushing as much on the adapter if I were to try to clip the bottom in. Will monitor over the next few weeks though

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
I just came across this thread and had the same problem. I ended up push clipping the top part and zip tieing the bottom. It fits very snug, but isn't pushing as much on the adapter if I were to try to clip the bottom in. Will monitor over the next few weeks though
@StangTime sells a FP Oil Separator relocation kit that moves everything out of the way. I don’t have the PP2 intake/throttle body but I do have the large Mishimoto radiator which was pushing the coolant expansion tank up against the FP OiL Separator. The relocation kit worked perfectly for me and looks amazing.

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I know Ford says it won't fit, but was curious if others were able to tweak it to fit. I know I could go with lots of other ones, but I want it to be an OEM part. I don't want to drop $160 to find out it's not going to work.

Thanks everyone!
fits on mine with pp2. i have driver and passenger sides. do not see any reason for fr oil sepatrator not to fit.

Redbaron289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang GT
I’ve noticed the ones that say it works have a 2017. Has anyone installed this on a 2018 Gen3 and up GT with the Ford Performance Power Pack?
Sponsored