Will McLeod RST clutch work on GT350?

ReKatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Hello - I have a '17 GT350 needing a clutch replacement. I looked into some aftermarket clutch kits and became interested in McLeod. I was wondering if the RST twin disc 800HP kit could work with the gt350? I could only find it advertised for the GT & 302. They have RXT kits for the 350 which I'm fine getting but the 1k HP allowance is a bit more than I need.

Also wondering if anyone has any thoughts on McLeod vs RAM or Spec? Those were some others I was checking out too.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I have the McLeod in my whippled 350. The clutch is high quality. It handles the extra power of the supercharger without issue. It has a stock feel and is very smooth. What I don’t care for about it is the engagement point is moved up slightly more to the top of the peddle. I’m sure this was aimed at those trying to speed shift the car. It takes a little bit to get used to. The engagement point is the one thing that isn’t mentioned with any of the aftermarket clutch’s. The oem clutch in these cars is very good, especially the feel. McLeods been around a very long time. If you were keeping the car stock(power) I would stick with the oem clutch and not go aftermarket.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
Unfamiliar with the RST, but I run the RXT 1200 on my boosted GT350 and it holds the power very well. No high rpm shift issues. Like @Inthehighdesert says, the clutch engagement point is changed and will take a little time for you to adjust. Overall, no real complaints about the McLeod clutch.

bauern

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F150 Powerboost
You need the GT350 kit. The pilot bearing setup is different on the GT350 from the GT.

Champale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Had an RST on my Boss 302 and it allowed 8000+rpm shifts (tuned/raised rev limit) all day long. Will echo prior posts about the engagement at the top of the travel being a little annoying but I installed a Maximum Motorsports pedal travel limiter - that made it basically perfect around town other than a very mild chatter that comes with twin disc clutches.
Sponsored