Sponsored

Will I pass PA emission and inspection with an X-pipe?

WannabeGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT PP1 10r80
Hey! I just purchased a 2021 GT PP1 6pd last week and it came with the AE.
After seeing how much an aftermarket AE system was I decided I wanted to try out an X-pipe to see if I would be satisfied for the time being. I have a problem though. I haven't received my permanent license plate yet and I probably won't for another 8-9 weeks. This means I can't get my yearly emissions and inspection stickers beforehand. Will I pass with an X-pipe in place, or should I just wait to get my plate and stickers? Not sure what to do, hoping for some direction!
(This is my first Mustang, coming from a BMW 235i I couldn't be more satisfied with my decision! Absolutely loving so far.)
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Yes. I just passed Illinois emissions with a whipple stage 2 kit and cat-back exhaust. 😄

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I was able to get my used Mustang I bought in NJ last May inspected with the temp NJ tag with no issues. I am in PA.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
The x-pipe installs downstream of the cats and does not affect emissions in any way. But to be safe I would wait until after you get your plates, just in case the inspector turns out to be incompetent and tries to fail you for an x-pipe

Sponsored

OP
OP
WannabeGT350R

WannabeGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT PP1 10r80
I was able to get my used Mustang I bought in NJ last May inspected with the temp NJ tag with no issues. I am in PA.
I bought it new in Maryland and I didn't think about tags. Was probably the last thing on my mind.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I bought it new in Maryland and I didn't think about tags. Was probably the last thing on my mind.
Don't you have a temp tag now? You can get it inspected if you do.

OP
OP
WannabeGT350R

WannabeGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT PP1 10r80
Don't you have a temp tag now? You can get it inspected if you do.
I have a Maryland temp tag on the back of my car. I called my local Ford dealership and they said I had to wait for the perm license plate to come in to have the inspection and emissions done.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I have a Maryland temp tag on the back of my car. I called my local Ford dealership and they said I had to wait for the perm license plate to come in to have the inspection and emissions done.
I would call someplace else. I had a NJ temp tag and got my inspection/emissions done with no problem. If you look at the PA law, I believe you are required to have the car inspected within 10 days.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Why would you have a dealership do the inspection?

Sponsored
OP
OP
WannabeGT350R

WannabeGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT PP1 10r80
Why would you have a dealership do the inspection?
I wasn't necessarily going to take it to a dealership. I just asked a service advisor if it could be done before getting a permanent plate. I didn't understand the process and was hoping for some clarification. Thanks for all the replies, I'm just gonna install the X-pipe and see what happens lmao.

007evan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 2019 VW Jetta GLI
live in pa close to allentown just got my gt inspected and i have a h pipe in mine. You will be fine you can even change the exaust if you like just dont play around with the cats.
Sponsored