Sponsored

Will I devalue my Factory Stripe Delete by adding factory stripes ???

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I have my white 19' GT350 over a year now and thinking about adding the Factory stripes, wondering if it will depreciate the value...of course the dealer said it would not when I bought it, but would like to get owners opinions.
Sponsored

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
No. If a future owner wants it to be as the window sticker says that's an easy fix. BTW, don't go with factory stripes. They're OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive. Big Worm in Texas makes better stripes that are reasonably priced.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
Indeed. Did you buy the car for your pleasure or for the opinions of others or a potential future owner.

If you purchased it with investment worries and are afraid to breathe on it, I would suggest many, many other wiser investments.

This car has a soul. Do not deny it the joy of life.....nor yourself.

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
If you want to save even more money just order some vinyl wrap and do the stripes yourself. With some patience, knifeless tap and good measurements its not really that hard. Is time consuming the first time, at least it was for me. It should cost about $150 for the wrap and supplies.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Ya man, do what you want without thought of resale.
I‘m probably going to pull my stripes and haven’t thought one wit about the next owner.
I haven’t bought many used cars but I’ve never seen the original sticker of any of them.

OP
OP
LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
No I really don't care what others think, also I didn't realize that removing stripes was that easy without any damage to the paint....good to know. I have already removed the Swing/deck lid and replaced the rear deck lid with a plain white one...not knowing yet what spoiler I will replace it with....I'm starting to like the spoiler delete look...and thinking of stripes without the Swing....But right now I can go back to stock very easily

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Lots, maybe most 1965 GT350’s had no over the top stripes. When they are restored, most people add the iconic over the top stripes. Doesn’t affect the value at all.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
today I looked at the Big Worm website, lots of colors....Since I have two deck lids, I'll need to cover both....big choice gloss or flat ??

Are the added pin stripes separate or part of the larger stripe ??

Gray Area GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2013 Boss 302
today I looked at the Big Worm website, lots of colors....Since I have two deck lids, I'll need to cover both....big choice gloss or flat ??

Are the added pin stripes separate or part of the larger stripe ??
The pinstripes are separate. I ended up using some 3M stripes that are 3/8 wide and parallel to the main stripe. You can also buy sections of the stripe from Big Worm for your two trunks.

OP
OP
LICobra

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
The pinstripes are separate. I ended up using some 3M stripes that are 3/8 wide and parallel to the main stripe. You can also buy sections of the stripe from Big Worm for your two trunks.
I'll contact them, thanks for the info

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
if anything it makes it more appealing to prospective buyers with stripes. Very few people want a Shelby with out stripes. I mean they're vinyl decals, they don't exactly count as an irreversible "modification".
Sponsored