Sponsored

Will Ford bring the 2015 Mustang to the Barrett Jackson Auction in Las Vegas?

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
Obviously Ford is auctioning the final LE mustang at the Barrett Jackson auction in Las Vegas next month. Other than that will Ford have a presence at the auctions? I've never attended before but from what I can tell there is a vendor area which seems something like a trade show. On this map I found at their web site it shows 2 large areas, one reserved for Ford and the other for GM:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/PDF/LV13-Vendor-Site-Map.pdf

Does anyone know if these companies will be using this space to show off their vehicles like they do at car shows? If so can we expect the 2015 Mustang to make an appearance?

Just hoping someone might definitively know or maybe attended last year and can share what it was like.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Surely someone must be in the know? I think Ford is going to have a vendor booth and therefore I would expect the 2015 Mustang to be featured.

Has anyone gone to a Barrett-Jackson event before? Even better did anyone attend the one in Vegas last year?

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I honestly have no idea what they will do there, but back in 2011 I got to go to the auction in Scottsdale and they had a massive display right when you walked in.

I'm talking like 10 mustangs all throughout some overhead some on their side, I got to run a Cali Special on the stage through a simulated dyno for answering the question "What does the CS stand for?"

Also got to wait in line for 30 minutes to run a 2011 5.0 through a bunch of cones they had that was way too short but expected..

**Edit just found this on their site, looks like Saturday kicks off at Gaudin Ford so maybe contact them and see if they know anything? :shrug:

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...gas-2014/d1df8469-b5e2-4baf-b7f1-e7a84caad83a

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
My experience with Barrett Jackson in Costa Mesa and Las Vegas is that they normally have a large display of new cars; whether they have the 2015 Mustang there remains to be seen, but since there will be new Mustangs delivered by then my guess is they will have them there. I know a few folks who work on the auction team for BJ and I'll ask them if they know. Stay tuned.

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you both for your suggestions. ShelbyGT350, I'm eagerly awaiting what you find out.

Sponsored

Ryan78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
They had the 2015 at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale earlier this year. I'm sure they'll have it in Vegas also.

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They had the 2015 at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale earlier this year. I'm sure they'll have it in Vegas also.
Do you mean as part of their booth showcasing their line of vehicles, similar to what they would have at a car show?

What I meant was not a single Mustang on an elevated stand, but several of them you can sit in.
Awesome. I was initially attending to see the last LE get auctioned. Now it looks like the 2015 will be well represented. I'm wondering if they will have any at the Ride "n Drive? If you could ask your sources which day and time the LE auction is happening it would be greatly appreciated.

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
Do you mean as part of their booth showcasing their line of vehicles, similar to what they would have at a car show?

Awesome. I was initially attending to see the last LE get auctioned. Now it looks like the 2015 will be well represented. I'm wondering if they will have any at the Ride "n Drive? If you could ask your sources which day and time the LE auction is happening it would be greatly appreciated.
Will likely have ride and drive. Normally the cars they auction for charity are on Saturdays between 4PM-6PM PDT (7PM-10PM EDT) so they get the maximum coverage on TV, which will likely be on a combination of Fox Sports and the National Geographic Channel. Their lead auctioneer, Spanky Assiter, was just elected VP of the National Auctioneers Association. He and their other lead auctioneer, John Nicholls are good friends of mine (I'm also an auctioneer). If you check BJ's website about a week before the auction, they will have the final list and general schedule.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Since it's La$ Vega$...I'll set the Over/Under at 3 - 2015 Mustangs-->:D

Sponsored

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
Will likely have ride and drive. Normally the cars they auction for charity are on Saturdays between 4PM-6PM PDT (7PM-10PM EDT) so they get the maximum coverage on TV, which will likely be on a combination of Fox Sports and the National Geographic Channel. Their lead auctioneer, Spanky Assiter, was just elected VP of the National Auctioneers Association. He and their other lead auctioneer, John Nicholls are good friends of mine (I'm also an auctioneer). If you check BJ's website about a week before the auction, they will have the final list and general schedule.
I checked with my B-J contact and he said that Ford is one of the major sponsors of the auction so he felt they would be there in full force as has been in the past. That's all I could get guys. They will have the final auction schedule set about a week prior to the auction. Unfortunately, I will not be able to be there as I have auctions on Friday and Saturday evenings in San Diego. Good luck.

OP
OP
docprego

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I checked with my B-J contact and he said that Ford is one of the major sponsors of the auction so he felt they would be there in full force as has been in the past. That's all I could get guys. They will have the final auction schedule set about a week prior to the auction. Unfortunately, I will not be able to be there as I have auctions on Friday and Saturday evenings in San Diego. Good luck.
Thank you very much. Bought tickets for Saturday going on what you said. I can't imagine the big charity auction happening on a Wednesday or Thursday night.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Thank you very much. Bought tickets for Saturday going on what you said. I can't imagine the big charity auction happening on a Wednesday or Thursday night.
Don't miss the Thursday-Friday-Saturday all day Ride N Drive-->BJ
Sponsored