Sponsored

Will Borla Resonator fit in place of the stock resonator?

WARHAWK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium
I realize the pipes may be slightly different size but the exhaust shop can handle that. Will the pipes line up or are the closer together or further apart than stock?
Sponsored

OZDAZ5.0

GT-Superpower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryn
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Mustang
I realize the pipes may be slightly different size but the exhaust shop can handle that. Will the pipes line up or are the closer together or further apart than stock?
I have wondered this.....Ive even thought of buying a cheap resi delete H pipe and a Borla Resonator and working on it myself making it up ready to slot in like a resi delete ??

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I can't see a resonator swap being worthwhile. .The factory resonator is straight thru...maybe bigger pipe size?

OP
OP

WARHAWK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium
Anyone with experience in this?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Just installed mine a week or 2 back and the Borla resonator that comes with the Borla Touring catback (resonator part #60561) goes right into the header pipes so no problem fitting.

Both the stock exhaust and the Borla resonator (or x-pipe I imagine as well) are 4.5" apart center to center of pipe at that point.

Be aware though that the Borla resonator is NOT an X inside ... just straight through on both sides ... my choice would be to put a Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (eg. 14385) at that location (better tone and helps takes rasp away) but they're 4.25" apart at that location.

I get a wee bit of pop at lower revs when decelerating I could do without that I'm pretty sure the resonated x would not have (used those in the past and LOVE the tone they give).

Sponsored

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
Just installed mine a week or 2 back and the Borla resonator that comes with the Borla Touring catback (resonator part #60561) goes right into the header pipes so no problem fitting.

Both the stock exhaust and the Borla resonator (or x-pipe I imagine as well) are 4.5" apart center to center of pipe at that point.

Be aware though that the Borla resonator is NOT an X inside ... just straight through on both sides ... my choice would be to put a Magnaflow resonated x-pipe (eg. 14385) at that location (better tone and helps takes rasp away) but they're 4.25" apart at that location.

I get a wee bit of pop at lower revs when decelerating I could do without that I'm pretty sure the resonated x would not have (used those in the past and LOVE the tone they give).
borla resonator has an H inside instead of an X. I installed mine today after catless longtubes.

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
borla resonator has an H inside instead of an X. I installed mine today after catless longtubes.
How does it sound?? What after axle mufflers do you have?

Also I spoke with Borla and they said that they redesigned the 60561 and the new design is now an X.

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
How does it sound??

Also I spoke with Borla and they said that they redesigned the 60561 and the new design is now an X.
[ame]

[ame]

however it may be inside, it does the job.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
All of the Borla resonators I have seen are 2.5". Corsa is 3" and I don't want to reduce the exhaust. Headers with Corsa extreme exhaust is just too loud. So I continue to look for a solution.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I believe the Solo Performance resonators on their Mustang kit are 3" ... head over to solo-performance.com and give them a call. They may sell JUST the res.

Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Interesting ... may call them to see what the difference is in sound - I'd thing the X will "smooth" the tone more over an H so less rasp (not that the Borla Touring has any really).

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
Interesting ... may call them to see what the difference is in sound - I'd thing the X will "smooth" the tone more over an H so less rasp (not that the Borla Touring has any really).
I just received mine and it has the H, which is what I was looking for. I understood that the H would be less raspy?? When I spoke with them they didn't seem think there was much difference between the two. I'm curious as to why they changed it.

FYI I spoke with Solo and they will sell just the mid muffler.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I've only always had experience with Magnaflow's resonated X-pipes and they provide a smooth clean rumble so I assume Borla's will be the same.

My thought process is that the X causes the exhaust gases to inter-mingle much more than an H where they basically go straight through the pipes. To me that means a mixing effect which in my mind equates to a cleaner sound ... I may be off in my thinking and until I compare the 2 (if I decide to order the X) I can't say for sure.

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
Comparison

[ame]