Sponsored

Will America again move to smaller vehicle (no politics)

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Watching the news today it seems pretty apparent gas prices are not going down, quite the opposite for the long term......AGAIN NO POLICTICAL REMARKS.
Normally in the past people have dumped their large vehicle in search of vehicles with decent MPG, do you think this will happen again?
The people that have disposable income it will not affect as much as the families that are just getting by. Electric vehicles will be too expensive to buy, used vehicle will most likely be large SUVs.
I'm concerned that not only will gasoline and diesel be very expensive to purchase but also have shortages in the future.

Whats in the future for automobiles in the next 3 years?
Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
AGAIN NO POLICTICAL REMARKS.

LMAO that's all that is .............. POLICTICAL

You can put lipstick on a pig it's still a pig

Lefty also thinks he can pick up a turd from the end that does not stink.

OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea yea yea, or rather bla bla bls. But really everyone needs to keep this out of this thread. It is what it is.
We are left with the long term effects. We can't change what's happening.

Are you considering a vehicle that gets great MPG. Instead of larger less fuel efficient vehicle?
I'm looking to add another vehicle and YES this is a concern for me.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hmmmmm,.............smaller vehicles?!?! 😂😅😆😄😂🤣
Nawwwwww. lol

My current Mustang had a $2,100 gas guzzler tax and I'm really debating about emailing a dealership on Monday about ordering a TRX because they are selling them at 10K off MSRP.

Sponsored

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
Americans will continue to enjoy relatively larger sized vehicles compared to Europe and Asia. The real progression is not in the internal combustion, fossil fueled vehicles.... it's in electric vehicles. Energy costs have always ebbed and flowed in terms of pricing, supply and demand notwithstanding another metric which is refining and distribution.

It's interesting to talk and equally important to listen to those of us who seem to have a difficult time recognizing these significant changes in trends. Regardless the growth of EV's globally is compelling and it is real.

I think EV's large, intermediate, or small will all have performance characteristics that we will all come to enjoy. These vehicles, especially the dual motor ones will surprise even the most skeptical holdouts..... no loud pipes.... and for me that sucks... I'll miss that for sure.

Last edited:

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
Everyone will eventually be pretty much forced into getting a electronic vehicle ,sooner or later.,unfortunately our future generations won't no any better, how cool the gas powered muscle cars were. Half of them don't care about driving now.They much rather be in a car that drives itself while they play on the phone.Or have someone else drive them around .maybe one day I'll get me a Bluetooth built in wifi smart toaster and take a intimate bath.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I don’t see anyone dropping their $100k F150 for a “smaller” vehicle…. LMFAO…

What’s even funnier is no one has any issues paying close to $4.00 for a gallon of milk, or $8.00-$12.00 PER PACK of cigarettes…. But as soon as gasoline gets to $3-$4 per gallon, everyone’s skirts get all bunched up…

Folks who can and will pay for gasoline, regardless of the price, those same people will never change what they are driving (big or small)…. And all this EV BS - it’s not going to stick when people really start looking at the big picture. Going EV isn’t saving the F’n planet, it’s trading the existing issue for another with NO beneficial outcome. The pollution, devastation to the earth and cluster F*** left from the dead EVs and unrecycled battery skateboards will be more of a problem than the last 100+ years of the gasoline engine and automobiles it has powered.

Just because people were dumping their SUV’s a few years back doesn’t mean it was EVERYONE doing it. There were still plenty of very large SUV’s both new and old being driven daily. Those who dumped their SUV’s is because the major auto manufactures were pushing incentives to trade those in… otherwise if there wasn’t the Dealer advertised “bait” that folks would get $X,xxx.xx for their “junk”, the sheeple wouldn’t have dumped their SUV’s.

Don’t you all realize the hype over “XYZ” is media and money driven anymore which gets everyone in a frenzy? Gasoline prices have gone up and down since gasoline has been a commodity. If the wind blows harder today than tomorrow,, it’s an excuse to raise fuel prices. If there’s some storm, some holiday, seasonal changes, Govt. infighting, or some travesty elsewhere in the world, again it’s a reason to raise gasoline and oil prices. C’mon already folks, get with the program.

Incentives and fear mongering make the world go round - there’s no benefits from going full EV in a current world where the aged electric grids can’t even handle the population using their damn home A/C in the summer, let alone a total influx of charging stations and multiple EVs being plugged to the grid too.

I never owned any prior Mustang V8 or my current 94 Cobra to be concerned with the price of gasoline. Hell, my auto fuel bill monthly pre-Covid was at times in excess of $400 a month - AND that was fueling my 2018 S550 EB. So engine type and “EPA” ratings mean absolutely nothing to me.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
^^^^ The Gospel according to Cobra Jet…..!
I can’t argue with a single bit of this logic.
This guy gets it and knows how to properly articulate it………!!!!!!

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a new 11th generation Honda Civic Hatchback as my daily driver. (shrug). Gets nearly 40 mpg with 87 Octane. Interior quality puts my Mustang GT to shame. So yeah, maybe some of us will start buying smaller cars.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Interceptor

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As I noted in original post, for people with disposable income it won't matter.
Their are plenty of people who can't afford a 100k truck. Their vehicle is a tool for their family. Those are the people I believe who will be thinking.. hard. Maybe I would rather save on gas with a smaller car

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Are you considering a vehicle that gets great MPG. Instead of larger less fuel efficient vehicle?
I'm looking to add another vehicle and YES this is a concern for me.
This doesn't really apply anymore today and is part of the reason why CUVs and midsized SUVs are flooding the market. You can get a decent sized vehicle and still get great gas mileage, Can't think of any new car that is actually smaller than the previous generation. Even the new Civic is as big as the outgoing Honda Accord and is even more fuel efficient.

My other car is a 2014 Scion tC, and I will be able to get a bigger car with better fuel economy if I wanted too. The Highlander Hybrid gets 35 mpgs which is mind boggling for something that size. My tC only gets 21 mpgs and is way smaller. Sedans are dying off in favor of CUVs.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...in the late 70's I drove a CJ-5 Jeep with huge tires and chrome
horney header/exhaust.
I had to fill up every other day. Cost me $35.00+ each time.

Guess what. I still bought gas. Around 40 miles to work and back. We drove
that beast everywhere.

These cars today get LOTS better mileage than vehicles back then. If one
drives like he should.
YMMV.........................................:rockon:

IMG_0467.JPG
Sponsored