Sponsored

Will 2015-2017 Mishimoto Auto trans cooler

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 velocity blue gt pp1 10r80
Will 2nd gen trans cooler fit a 3rd gen? Call Mishima. They can’t say since they haven’t tested it? It looks like it should? Any ok I definitively? Thanks
Sponsored

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
I called Mishi about this a couple weeks back and got a similar response. I found a couple youtubers who have installed this cooler, albeit one of them used the Mishi Radiator and Mishi oil cooler as well. I'm expecting delivery today of the Mishimoto Trans cooler kit for my 2018 10R80 GEN3 coyote PP1. I am having it installed by a local ford dealer probably next week and I'll let you know how it goes.

I need to figure out an oil cooler solution as well since the Mishi oil cooler kit mounts in upper grill in front of trans cooler and blocks cooling....genius design! :facepalm:

@Flyhalf Ale has been such a tremendous help + resource and is the pioneer of all things 10r80 cooling. He has guided me, and many others, in our journey for better cooling, and he is breaking lap records in his 10r80 mustang!

OP
OP
19VelocityBlueGt

19VelocityBlueGt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 velocity blue gt pp1 10r80
I called Mishi about this a couple weeks back and got a similar response. I found a couple youtubers who have installed this cooler, albeit one of them used the Mishi Radiator and Mishi oil cooler as well. I'm expecting delivery today of the Mishimoto Trans cooler kit for my 2018 10R80 GEN3 coyote PP1. I am having it installed by a local ford dealer probably next week and I'll let you know how it goes.

I need to figure out an oil cooler solution as well since the Mishi oil cooler kit mounts in upper grill in front of trans cooler and blocks cooling....genius design! :facepalm:

@Flyhalf Ale has been such a tremendous help + resource and is the pioneer of all things 10r80 cooling. He has guided me, and many others, in our journey for better cooling, and he is breaking lap records in his 10r80 mustang!
yes let me kno.. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be identical. I bet it is. Goodluck I’ll be excited to hear how it goes.. 👍

Rodpwnz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 PP1 401A GT
yes let me kno.. I don’t see why it wouldn’t be identical. I bet it is. Goodluck I’ll be excited to hear how it goes.. 👍
Great news - the mishimoto transmission cooler went in fine. The only thing to note is a slight modification the tech had to make:

“One of the transmission lines on the new cooler was different and would not allow the locking clip to fit over it. I used zip ties to ensure that the line would stay in place. The locking clip is there as a secondary clip to make sure the line does not pop out.”

I haven’t gone to see how it does on the track yet but now I’m worried the stock oil cooler won’t be up to snuff, especially with this massive new trans cooler blocking all the airflow lol

thornclaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
just a note on installing this. the ac condenser line fits in between the trans lines and the radiator. this means you have to position the trans lines first, then drop the cooler in and connect it to the lines in vivo. see pic. otherwise you will not be able to fit the lower ac condenser tab into its slot on the radiator

A41AF843-6996-440C-90C2-7CD31FEEE5BC.jpeg

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
just a note on installing this. the ac condenser line fits in between the trans lines and the radiator. this means you have to position the trans lines first, then drop the cooler in and connect it to the lines in vivo. see pic. otherwise you will not be able to fit the lower ac condenser tab into its slot on the radiator

A41AF843-6996-440C-90C2-7CD31FEEE5BC.jpeg
Good information, thanks for sharing!