Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Bummer to see this, I was following your build. If they total it, keep your mod parts that you have stock replacements for.
Sponsored

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Adjuster told me that because of the $20K repair estimate, my car may get totaled. He has to get final approval from his boss.

He was asking me which features my car has. I told him the window sticker was in the glove box -- he was like, everyone should have this with them, haha.

He was weird about me wanting to swap back stock parts, which concerns me... but I'll just work with the shop and take my car back for a couple days.

And so it goes...

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Yep, received word it'll be totaled.
That's probably for the best dude. I wouldn't want to be driving a heavily repaired car at the track. Also I hope your neck is feeling better.

What are you thinking for a replacement? Maybe a PP2 or GT350?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Adjuster told me that because of the $20K repair estimate, my car may get totaled. He has to get final approval from his boss.

He was asking me which features my car has. I told him the window sticker was in the glove box -- he was like, everyone should have this with them, haha.

He was weird about me wanting to swap back stock parts, which concerns me... but I'll just work with the shop and take my car back for a couple days.

And so it goes...
If the other driver's insurance is paying, they are responsible for any upgrades you made to the car. So if there are any aftermarket parts you would do differently now or aren't worth much if they can't be used on your next car, you can leave them on and make them pay for them.

Insurance companies can be weird. I had a '97 Formula totaled when an old lady turned right in front of me. The insurance company wouldn't let me put the factory wheels back on the rear and ended up paying me about $5k for them. The crazy thing was the wheels might not have fit any other car in existence. I had moved the rear fender wells in to fit wider custom HRE wheels.

Sponsored

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My insurance surprised me with the payout. I am pulling off all of my parts this weekend and returning the car back to stock (my insurance is aware). Going to be a long weekend at the shop. My lawyer is taking things from there with the guy's insurance and my insurance will be billing (potentially suing) his insurance for the loss + my deductible.

So far, I'm very happy with how Traveler's handled this.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
So far, I'm very happy with how Traveler's handled this.
I was impressed by Traveler's back in the early '90s. Some idiot plowed hard into the back of a line of cars at a red light. So about 10 of us ended up against each other. Law says car behind is assumed responsible for damage to car ahead. People in the line ended up paying for the car in front rather than going to court to prove they didn't hit the other car before the guy plowed into the rear most one. The car in front of me had Traveler's and they said they wouldn't make me fight that.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The guy who hit me has State Farm and they are cheap bastards according to my body shop. Traveler's bought some loyalty from me this week -- we'll put it that way. Hopefully they don't jack up my rates, though.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Good to hear this for you. Can you tell me about your Shaftmasters 1 piece, BMR tech has one, Kelly I believe. I am about to purchase a 1piece and want your opinion. Thank in advance.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Man, I'm really sorry you have to go through this. So I have to ask, what vehicle do you plan to replace it with? I believe you stated some time back that your next car would not be a Mustang.

Sponsored
OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Welp, if anyone wants my car, it'll be at Copart Lot #157 (N. Atlanta) on Friday 3/15. I will be removing any aftermarket part (replacing properly with stock) I can get to over the weekend. Engine has been excellent. Same goes for the transmission. 41K miles. Will also have PP wheels with damn near new Conti DWS tires. I really don't think it has frame damage -- I think it was just too expensive to fix right by a body shop. If you can do it... good car.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Good to hear this for you. Can you tell me about your Shaftmasters 1 piece, BMR tech has one, Kelly I believe. I am about to purchase a 1piece and want your opinion. Thank in advance.
I get vibration >80 mph which has been a bear to tune out through rotating. After I got my clutch replaced, out of sheer luck my mechanic got the shaft clocked with the least vibration ever. I'd get another brand in hindsight.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Man, I'm really sorry you have to go through this. So I have to ask, what vehicle do you plan to replace it with? I believe you stated some time back that your next car would not be a Mustang.
I am not impressed by the 2018+ Mustang and frankly hate the front end, so that's not high on my list. I can't say I'm craving another 2016/2017.

For now, I think I will just "have money" for a while.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Thank's for the reply w/goat, I am in a holding pattern for my IRS check and will continue to do the research, Dang.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Bummer, didn't look like 20 grand of damage from the pics, but i guess you never know what they saw inside
Sponsored