OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So my car has been parked since my time trial at Gridlife. Went to go detail it and clean it up too attend a dyno day and found this. It's at the dealer now for a likely slave cylinder failure (slow leak). The fluid on the ground appears to be brake fluid (in this case, Motul 600). There are no oil leaks to be found and the oil in the engine is presently a little darker than what you see on the floor. The transmission would not leak from these places. The car seems to shift and drive totally fine, but I am also getting a weeeeeerrrrrrrrrrr when slowing down. That could be what freshly turned rotors against brake pad sounds like for a little while (I just had the rotors turned fresh for street-only duty). I am kind of wondering if either the driveshaft or differential is making that noise, though. The ARH headers are also being installed at the same time and the Shaftmasters drivershaft will be taken out and sent in for diagnosis (vibration at 80+ no matter how I rotate it). On top of this, something in my catback is rattling something fierce. I think it's coming from the mid-muffler and is hopefully just a loose bolt or something, hopefully not the muffler itself. When it rains...

IMG_3518.JPG
IMG_3516.JPG
IMG_3517.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Found out from the mechanic that I'll be getting:
- New clutch
- New pressure plate
- New slave cylinder
- New fuel pump (unrelated issue with fuel cut off not solved by two new evap solenoids)

Sheesh...

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
That's a drag... What clutch will you being going with?
Ford is replacing the clutch under warranty as it was damaged by the slave cylinder somehow, so it'll be another stock clutch, which I'm fine with for now. Don't have $$$$ to buy some aftermarket clutch when I'm going to get a new one for free. If I did get an aftermarket, it'd be an Exedy most likely.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
The damage to the clutch and pressure plate was probably due to both getting spayed down with brake fluid. The pressure plate could be salvaged but it's easier for them to simply put in a new one.

I thought about going to that dyno day too, but didn't make it. Let me know the next time you plan on going with Atlanta 550s.

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
It was covered under warranty? I thought I read somewhere where you had your car towed in for service to have things looked after because you didn't have enough miles left on the warranty to make it to the dealership. Or was that someone else?

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
So Pony Wars 2018 was awesome. Managed to get the "Best Time of [the] Day" in the Koni-sponsored SCCA Autocross. This video is Jamie, Steeda's race car mechanic, driving my car around the course. He got a 28 to my 27.84... but both of us murdered one cone along the way. But apparently, despite many fancy Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes, I squeaked by with the fastest time from one of my clean laps. Sweet!

I also managed to get my car down into the 12.5s on the drag strip and drop below a 2.0 short time, which is like a miracle for me considering I probably couldn't launch an automatic car well let alone a stick. I did add ARH catted headers and incorporated a new Steeda tune for my full 3" exhaust. The headers really woke up the car, but I need to quiet it down.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
It was covered under warranty? I thought I read somewhere where you had your car towed in for service to have things looked after because you didn't have enough miles left on the warranty to make it to the dealership. Or was that someone else?
Yes, the work was done under warranty because of the slave cylinder failure. I had it towed to the dealer because I could not find someone to help me get two cars to a dealership (one to drive home in) and where I take my car is a $50 Uber/Lyft ride away.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
So Pony Wars 2018 was awesome. Managed to get the "Best Time of [the] Day" in the Koni-sponsored SCCA Autocross. This video is Jamie, Steeda's race car mechanic, driving my car around the course. He got a 28 to my 27.84... but both of us murdered one cone along the way. But apparently, despite many fancy Mustangs, Camaros, and Corvettes, I squeaked by with the fastest time from one of my clean laps. Sweet!

I also managed to get my car down into the 12.5s on the drag strip and drop below a 2.0 short time, which is like a miracle for me considering I probably couldn't launch an automatic car well let alone a stick. I did add ARH catted headers and incorporated a new Steeda tune for my full 3" exhaust. The headers really woke up the car, but I need to quiet it down.

CONGRATULATIONS!! Team Steeda!

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Well y'all, someone rear-ended me. The guy was physically and/or mentally disabled and literally didn't hit his brakes even though he wasn't really tailgating until right before he hit me (based on sound and headlights dipping). It was just regular slowing down of traffic in Atlanta. He had to hold the phone in the palm of one hand to tap 911, couldn't walk right, couldn't speak clearly, and moved very slowly. I feel bad saying this, but I'm at a loss as to why he was given a license.

The Mustang's damage includes at least one of the rear side quarter panels, the trunk door, the trunk well is completely caved in, the bumper is destroyed, at least one taillight is destroyed, there's some sensors and other stuff under the car that's been damaged, and any number of other things I haven't looked at. Not going to bother attempting to estimate the damage myself, I'm just going to take it to my preferred body shop and let them.

Folks in my Mustang club who sustained similar damage had between 15K and 30K of repair estimates and most ended up seeing their car "totaled". We'll see...

I went to the ER for neck and back of head pain, which came while waiting for the cop. Still hurting this morning.
Photo Mar 03, 2 00 50 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 03, 2 01 07 PM.jpg
Photo Mar 03, 2 01 35 PM (1).jpg

Sponsored

T-Bone68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP
Oh man, I’m so sorry. That stinks. Always enjoy your thread. I hope you recover soon and your car is properly taken care of by insurance to get whole again.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Bummer! Was it during all that rain we had yesterday afternoon? It was so bad you could not see.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Wow... So sorry to hear this. It can be heart breaking when you put so much time and enthusiasm into a vehicle to have something like this happen. Good luck and I hope the repairs won't be too bad.

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
Ugh, this really sucks. I was enjoying this build tremendously and watching someone who actually uses their mods to the max.
This reminds me of why I didnt want to buy a GT350R. I used to have a BMW M6 manual (a rare car) and always was worried about some nonsense like this happening to me. With good reasons - I had two prior cars totaled WHILE PARKED!!! At least with the GT, parts are easily available, cheap and there isnt the regret of a collectible being destroyed, it's an easy car to enjoy - it helps with reducing the pain.

Hopefully you and your beast can get up and running soon without being totaled.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Body shop was not hopeful repairs would be feasible with just a surface look. Looks like both my rear quarter panels had damage, dented in a little somehow. We'll see. Will be a few days before I hear anything.
Sponsored