Sponsored

wildcatgoal's Build - 2016 DIB GT PP

Trakhor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Depends if you are installing the 1/2" or 14mm ARP studs. I would not torque the 1/2" studs to 148 - big difference that needs to be clarified.
Yes good point. A lot of assumptions ATM.
Per the same chart 125 is the max on a 1/2" so if you cut that by 10% 105 is a safe number
2017-11-21_14-36-39.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My studs are 14mm - I typically use a 150 torque limiting impact extension (torque stick). Start with my 100 stick first, then switch.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/STEELMAN-50079-1-2-Inch-Torque-Turquoise/dp/B0025QDL44

I've checked with two torque wrenches and it clicks immediately every time and if I loosen and retorque with the torque wrench set to 148-150, and then use the extension - it doesn't move the nut. Good enough for me and saves me from having to futz with the torque wrench.

Trakhor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
My studs are 14mm - I typically use a 150 torque limiting impact extension (torque stick). Start with my 100 stick first, then switch.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/STEELMAN-50079-1-2-Inch-Torque-Turquoise/dp/B0025QDL44

I've checked with two torque wrenches and it clicks immediately every time and if I loosen and retorque with the torque wrench set to 148-150, and then use the extension - it doesn't move the nut. Good enough for me and saves me from having to futz with the torque wrench.
yeah we used those back in my wrench turning days and once a week the shop foreman would do a spot check to make sure they were accurate. Thats a really good price on those too.

In other news thanks for documenting the build. You've helped me decide on suspension. I am calling to order my suspension right now, Steeda Adj shocks/struts and dual rate springs.

Sponsored

Trakhor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Until recently the 14mms were on back order from arp because they were making them for Ford Performance. Guys that didn't want to pay the inflated FP price were getting 1/2" studs

spiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3
Until recently the 14mms were on back order from arp because they were making them for Ford Performance. Guys that didn't want to pay the inflated FP price were getting 1/2" studs
Interesting. I’m sure they’re much stronger than stock but I would run them personally.

Trakhor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
This is what my 305 square setup looks like, in case anyone wants to know.

SVE GT350 19x11 ET 50. 20mm spacer up front. Can use a 25mm spacer, too.

Worth noting, my car is only .75" lowered at all 4 corners. I run -2.5 camber up front, -1.9 in the rear.

I have no idea if a lower car could handle this setup or not. The 305 tire is approx 5mm away from the strut, maybe 3-4mm. It never rubs. It does contact the inner fender lining a little but nothing I care about.

From my perspective there is ever so slightly a bit of poke on the front ( I like how it looks) How does the rear compare? Do you happen to have a shot of the rear fitment looking forward?

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The rear looks exactly the same as any 11" ET50 Project6GR wheel in the back (see earlier posts in my build log or Instagram) because it is the same size and offset and, in my case, with the same width tire (albeit these NT01s are 30 aspect, not 35). I don't have any photos right now. Does not poke.

Front looks a little poke-ish but the wheel track is relatively even. It does not hit the fender due to the articulation of the suspension and my camber. And this isn't a setup that makes a lick of sense for the street so I personally don't worry about it in the least. Everyone says it looks good in-person.

Last edited:

Sponsored

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
Nice! How is the JLT brake cooling working for you? I just received my kit yesterday.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I suppose it's working fine. No brake issues, but haven't tested the temps. The piping, which I bought better piping than what JLT provides, wears pretty quickly.

OP
OP

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Well, I used to have an issue with the size (depth) of the pipe connection at the rotor on the JLT vented shields. I cut them down to about 1/3 of their original size and now they don't hit the Steeda sway bars. Won't be a problem with stock-style sway bars like BMR/Eibach I don't think.

NvrFinished

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GTPP
That's great info. I'm sitting on RideTech coilovers with the Steeda sway bars. I will have to look at that for clearance then. You are the first I've heard of making that mod. I know from previous posters that there are issues with threading the ducting so that it works without issue. Any little bit of info helps.

I originally wanted to open up the two areas on the lower grille, but I couldn't find any type of Naca ducts that would work nicely without looking homemade.
Sponsored