Sponsored

Wife bought a new 2016 Camaro SS

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
Last week, we found a great deal on the last remaining 2016 SS in our area. Chevy is doing 20% off MSRP, plus they were willing to negotiate further...we had to do it.

Funny, because when I decided to sell my 2016 GT, I had tried to get her to take it for her daily driver but she said she didnt want a powerful rwd coupe for a daily. :headbonk:

It's a 2SS, A8, with options like performance exhaust, Ruby Garnet paint, Silver racing stripes, premium wheels, and a bunch of other random things. It was their showroom car - we don't really care about the cosmetic stuff, but again, the deal was too good to pass up because of that stuff.

So, driving it - it is actually a lot different from my 2016 auto GT - torque is much lower, so it feels like it has a lot more grunt. I love the touring/sport/track options for exhaust note and other improvements and variations in driving style. It definitely feels faster than the GT did. Also, mine was just the base, so the interior was not even close. But, the premium GTs are obviously a lot nicer than the base ones, so it's apples to oranges there.

I love the way the cockpit feels in the Camaro. The GT felt like I was driving an everyday car, whereas the Camaro feels like I'm really sitting in something special. Visibility is worse than the GT was, but it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

I still think my GT looked wayyyy better, but that's a personal thing. The camaro doesnt look bad - just kinda boring. The racing stripes and red paint help it pop, but I like subtle, darker colors. Never been a fan of red cars other than on exotics.

Anyway, I would say for anyone thinking of buying a Camaro, definitely go drive one. They're pretty awesome now. I had test driven one back in late 2015, but they wanted mid 40s for the 2ss with magnetic ride and performance exhaust - So I bought the GT for $30k. Now that the 2016s are hugely discounted, it's a lot easier to justify buying one.

In either case, it really is a great time to be a "Car Guy." We have so many incredible options right now. 455hp/455tq and still gets 30mpg highway. What a world. :hail:
Sponsored

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Congrats. Depending how the 2018 GT refresh turns out, I may be following you. There's a white SS in my neighborhood that is actually quite stunning. He almost gave it a ZL1 meets FIFTY work over. Looks really nice. There's another totally blacked out one that's also quite cool.

I may PM you in the future to see how you're liking the change after driving it for a few months, if you don't mind. It would be nice to hear what a former GT owner thinks of the SS.

:cheers:

Pics?

OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats. Depending how the 2018 GT refresh turns out, I may be following you. There's a white SS in my neighborhood that is actually quite stunning. He almost gave it a ZL1 meets FIFTY work over. Looks really nice. There's another totally blacked out one that's also quite cool.

I may PM you in the future to see how you're liking the change after driving it for a few months, if you don't mind. It would be nice to hear what a former GT owner thinks of the SS.

:cheers:

Pics?
I can post one on imgur but apparently it doesnt work here:

http://i.imgur.com/zQnZxtT.jpg

Feel free to PM me down the road if you have any questions.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Mustang General Forum.

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Last edited:
OP
OP
StoplightWarrior

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. Nice looking car. They where so exspensive when I bought my GT that I didn't even consider the Camaro.
Same here!

Today I asked her, how the heck did you end up with the Camaro SS? :frusty:

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Pic link no work.
Sponsored