First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd

VG Jr's RTR is the only one I can recall seeing

As good as it looks in pictures, it's 1000x better in person

I hope they put this kit into regular production

Nick C.

That does look really sick. One of my faves that are out now and I hope they produce it at reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Grim_Reaper

Grim_Reaper

'Merica
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special 10-spd
That's the unfortunate part

These kits are usually well over $3,000 just for the parts alone, it's around $5,000 when you talk about professional paint and installation

Nick C.
that is actually reasonable IMO.

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Or you could get a custom job like the Steeda Wide Body ... not a kit ... so it would be quite a bit more:

Best Regards,

TJ

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
that is actually reasonable IMO.

For fiberglass overfenders? lol

The ones I'm looking at for my S14 are around $600 for the rears and $350 for the fronts

$1,200-$2,000 would be much more enticing IMO. I imagine the cost will come down since the Mustang market is so large

Nick C.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
Or you could get a custom job like the Steeda Wide Body ... not a kit ... so it would be quite a bit more:

Best Regards,

TJ
In a perfect world TJ, that's exact what I would do!

That looks fantastic :thumbsup:

Nick C.

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames

VG Jr's RTR is the only one I can recall seeing

As good as it looks in pictures, it's 1000x better in person

I hope they put this kit into regular production

Nick C.
Woah, I'm imagining that in matte black with some deep red added to it. Maybe when the cost drops i'll pick it up.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
"Bolt-on" kits just look so cheap no matter the cost. Look at RocketBunny and Liberty Walk. Some people like them but all I see is disgusting, lazy, cheaping looking workmanship. Even the kit on that RTR...looks ugly and then it has standard bumpers that don't even contour to the kit. Quickest way to ruin a car. I love widebodies when done correctly, though. The ricer culture has ruined this look for me, as well as wheels eith a decent lip. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I guess.

Sponsored

detailz03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
77 Corvette Black W/Flames
"Bolt-on" kits just look so cheap no matter the cost. Look at RocketBunny and Liberty Walk. Some people like them but all I see is disgusting, lazy, cheaping looking workmanship. Even the kit on that RTR...looks ugly and then it has standard bumpers that don't even contour to the kit. Quickest way to ruin a car. I love widebodies when done correctly, though. The ricer culture has ruined this look for me, as well as wheels eith a decent lip. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, I guess.
That would be because ricers were never meant to have anything but a whole lot of cheap mods on them. Which is why it looks as it does. But this looks a little better. Kind of reminds me of something that might be in Purge or Mad Max

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
As stated everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has a different idea of what is considered "rice". RICE=Race Inspired Car Enthusiast. <Best description I have seen for the term. That being said, there is a lot that could be deemed to be derived from a racecar. Coming from the Honda world I have a little rice in my veins still, so this looks good to me after seeing 80% of Honda owners butchering their Hondas in a sorry attempt to "improve" them lol. If everyone had the same tastes the auto enthusiast world would be rather bland imo.

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
As stated everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone has a different idea of what is considered "rice". RICE=Race Inspired Car Enthusiast. <Best description I have seen for the term. That being said, there is a lot that could be deemed to be derived from a racecar. Coming from the Honda world I have a little rice in my veins still, so this looks good to me after seeing 80% of Honda owners butchering their Hondas in a sorry attempt to "improve" them lol. If everyone had the same tastes the auto enthusiast world would be rather bland imo.
Completely agree with this. It seems that a select few want to have cookie cutter factory exteriors and deem anything outside of that rice. Do you realize that when summer hits, there will be a ridiculous number of these cars on the road? Some people want theirs to stand apart, and their taste isn't rice... it's just their taste.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
That is fantastic! ^ One of the best S550's I have seen.

No, I'm not saying every change is rice. Besides, I always heard rice is "race inspired cosmetic enhancement." Bolt on wide body kits are just disgusting. Some may like it, but you absolutely cannot argue that it is a lazy way out when it comes to wide body. Certain cars may pull it off...like an older Porsche....

And people really think they cost that much to make? Why does Nick's wide body kit cost about $600 for the rears and $300 for the fronts while Liberty Walks kit for the Ferrari 458 costs $31,000? It's a joke.

Unless it actually is a dedicated track car, the bolt on kits just ruin it for me, but the one that was done right, above this post, is absolutely awesome. Even the RTR looks a bit cheap as the flares don't even cover the wheels.
Sponsored