Sponsored

Widebody Builds of Mustang GT

Medusa5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I know widebody or fender flares aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but I like it on the S197 much more then the S550... or atleast this kit... would I own it? Probably not but I do like it! Photo Creds - @S197_VENOM on ig

D8CBADC0-EE1A-4B31-8B7E-4BA2D05721DC.jpeg
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Isn't the Mustang wide enough already? Most of those designs originate in Japan, which is hard to figure, because they have no room for wide cars anywhere.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Isn't the Mustang wide enough already?
I'm always surprised at how wide and curvy the stock S550 body looks. You don't get a sense of it from looking at the profile, but if you stand up a little higher and kind of look down the sides, it's definitely got Dat Ass :D

Man, what haters.
Hey, FU buddy!

:D

Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I just threw up in my mouth a little.:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It is well put together (one would hope), but I really don't like the "nostrils" on the hood. Not a huge fan of the Chicago-style wheels either. Still can't knock it for execution.
Oh yeah, I'm pretty 'meh' on some of the design elements, don't like the hood, or the screen door front end treatment, but the fender proportions are awesome. I actually prefer the newer wheel designs too, there's a guy (from right here on this forum) getting a WB Shelby treatment on his GT500, and he was showing the new wheels (he prefers the older "big lip" in that photo, I think it really dates it).

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
I'm not saying I like the thing, but I don't hate it either. Looks like it's set up for the track, which if it is I'm okay with it. If it's a street car, then I'm glad it's not mine.
At least it's not grossly tacky.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Um, No!

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Beside how ugly this thing looks overall, fender flares just clearly look tacked on. It's not even well done. Why ? Just why ?

The wheel wells radius, opened up with a ................. saws all 4 custom hand made wheel wells each one a little different .:cwl:

Ruined the car, try hitting a buck 30 in the thing it would blow apart
I am absolutely sure there was duct tape used

Painful, surprised it has shown up here. That's some pair that boy has .

ROTFLAMO

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not really wide body. Just fender flares, like the Dodge Challenger and Charger. Those aren’t wide body. Just fender flares.

Wide body would be the entire fender widened out. Like the STI, Evos and front fender of the Civic Type R.

Dodge stole the fenders from the 05-09 S197 lol
FC09DD01-F942-44B1-9A9A-461C62597432.jpeg
Well the only good part is the S197 had actual metal on the fender formed to that look.

The Dodge one is a tack on the Fender, only molded part is the plastic bumper piece. I do not know what happened but I saw one poor guys widebody challenger driving down the road with his driver side fender extension missing.... oh that was ugly..... wonder if the glue came off and the push pins or something, I saw the holes :p

Here is an example of them off

wjwvw8edl6ny.jpg

Last edited:

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Well the only good part is the S197 had actual metal on the fender formed to that look.

The Dodge one is a tack on the Fender, only molded part is the plastic bumper piece. I do not know what happened but I saw one poor guys widebody challenger driving down the road with his driver side fender extension missing.... oh that was ugly..... wonder if the glue came off and the push pins or something, I saw the holes :p

Here is an example of them off

wjwvw8edl6ny.jpg
And they charge how much more for the fake plastic wide body?

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
$6000, but it also adds bigger brakes, the wider wheels/tires, adaptive suspension, and a different steering wheel. Better deal than the Mustang PP1 w/ magneride.
That’s not bad if you get all that. I remember the 13-14 S197 GT was less than $1000 for the Brembo package which was wheels and brakes.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, now to get Mangeride on the Mustang, you need to pony up just shy of $9000. Plus you don't even get wider fenders, fake or otherwise :crackup:.
and still stuck with a single piston rear caliper.
Sponsored