Sponsored

Why won’t my 2019 GT 6M let me do donuts?

ALLSTOCK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Accord LX 5MT, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2
apply more pressure with right foot.
Sponsored

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
Hi - I think I'm glad I'm an "Old Phart". I get plenty of enjoyment just driving my car and occasionally rowing through the gears and not referring to everybody as "Bro" and "Dude". To each their own, but my respect for the car and the money I spent to buy it says "No" to doing things like donuts, burnouts and driving dangerously at excessive speeds as seen on YouTube videos... Bruce

Cool story bro.
hissy fit.gif

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I bought an 05 brand new and did donuts in it a lot and destroyed the rear differential. I took it to the dealer where they voided my warranty and charged me $2,500 for the repairs. I haven't done a doughnut since. :angel:

Pittpa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6MT
I bought an 05 brand new and did donuts in it a lot and destroyed the rear differential. I took it to the dealer where they voided my warranty and charged me $2,500 for the repairs. I haven't done a doughnut since. :angel:
How could they have known what happened?

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
How could they have known what happened?

They told me the car had been redlined pointed to my uneven tire tread. Then they told me they don't cover abuse and that my warranty was void. I'm not sure if this data gets stored somewhere but thats what they told me. I also had the extended warranty, waste of money and I've never bought another extended warranty either lol.

Sponsored

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I haven't done it in this car but I wanna do it. Should be fun, OP if I do a good job I'll send you a video.

I'll put my old tires on it and ruin them.:like: F it. My car is older though 16.

Last edited:

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
A few doughnuts shouldn’t destroy anything, going to red line now and again either.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
2019 PP1 here and maybe because I have prior experience or maybe because I was in the snow. I held the TC till the car did all it could to plead for me not to run into anything or otherwise hurt it while at the same time emitting an evil laugh. Did several donuts transitioning back and forth going round both ways. Acted just like any other RWD car with nannies turned off does in the snow.

Feel obigated to share this terrible bit of idiocy from my dumb ass years ago. 2011 Shelby GT500. Owned it maybe a month and it was my daily driver. It was my first car with actual balls and I respected it pretty well save for this one night. Always wanted to do a donut in an intersection and found a nice sized one in an industrial area. Was like 11:30pm or so and nobody around so stopped and turned the nannies off. Gave it some revs and let er loose. Instantly unexpectedly felt like I unlocked another 100hp but maintained control and did my donut. Then the good idea idiot decided we should stay on the throttle and straighten out to leave a nice set of tracks down the road like a pro. To say I almost had it still means I didn't. The car is drifted to the side of the road while gaining forward momentum and ended up sliding up the curb. Both passenger side tires when up the curb and my foot left the pedal alone at that point. Didn't brake and floored the clutch and coasted a little bit down the road to a parking lot. Nothing but some road rash on the wheels. Super lucky.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
A few doughnuts shouldn’t destroy anything, going to red line now and again either.

It wasn't a few doughnuts it was a lot of doughnuts lol. I live near the bay area and the whole "sideshow" scene which I'm no longer into. But I would swing my car frequently and to perform the doughnut I would kick the clutch pedal. Needless to say it caused some damage lol. My car felt like it was skipping, what I would imagine having a boot on the car would fee like. I argued against the voided warranty because I made the same statements, "I can't take a mustang to redline? thats the reason I bought it" but they were having none of it.

Sponsored

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
It wasn't a few doughnuts it was a lot of doughnuts lol. I live near the bay area and the whole "sideshow" scene which I'm no longer into. But I would swing my car frequently and to perform the doughnut I would kick the clutch pedal. Needless to say it caused some damage lol. My car felt like it was skipping, what I would imagine having a boot on the car would fee like. I argued against the voided warranty because I made the same statements, "I can't take a mustang to redline? thats the reason I bought it" but they were having none of it.
To break the diff with stock tires? You should slide forever before you break. Sticky tires plus power adders are what breaks rears.

Shit the car even has a line lock now.

I broke only one diff in my life, some small ring gear open-diff Chevy, going backwards while in drive practicing many Rockfords. I had to eat the $250.

RalphK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
It wasn't a few doughnuts it was a lot of doughnuts lol. to perform the doughnut I would kick the clutch pedal. Needless to say it caused some damage lol.
Dumping the clutch frequently will definitely cause damage..........

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The only time my car sees doughnuts now is when i'm going through the dunkin doughnuts drive thru 😁

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ‘19 GT350
The last time I did a doughnut it was in a ‘77 Vega at our high school rival’s dirt parking lot by the baseball field during practice. Boy those guys were pissed, I think they are still throwing baseballs at me…

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I haven't done it in this car but I wanna do it. Should be fun, OP if I do a good job I'll send you a video.

I'll put my old tires on it and ruin them.:like: F it. My car is older though 16.
It's fun. I did ONE burnout in my car. I did it in the gentle way though, with no clutch kick or dump. Just turning in a tight circle and then flicking the rear out while laying into the throttle. Did a 180 spin into a burnout for 5 seconds or so. Had to get it out of the way so I could say I did one, lol.
Sponsored