Sponsored

Why won’t my 2019 GT 6M let me do donuts?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Both traction and advanced trac were off but car was still killing all the fun as soon as I tried to spin it around. It was odd.

Couple people had some good ideas on here
You know you have to post a video once you get it done. Otherwise it never happened.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Both traction and advanced trac were off but car was still killing all the fun as soon as I tried to spin it around. It was odd.
setup ur camera in a deserted parking lot save for a single light pole far away on the opposite end, turn your tc/at off while the car is running, rev-DUMP THE DAMN CLUTCH- don't slip it-don't be fancy-just dump it and let your youtube stardome begin.

MTBjunkie00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package Lightning Blue
This. Even with AdvanceTrac turned off, it still limits how far the ass end is allowed to hang out. When you undo that connector, it totally disables ABS, traction control, etc.

Sponsored

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering if it's something with the 2019s. Mine turns everything back on if I get too "out of shape" for the nannies. This is in an autocross environment, but if I get the car into a 4 wheel slide of any sort, I have to turn the car off completely and back on to rest the TC/ATC. It's not you. As others stated above, you might need to pull the fuse to go full send.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - I think I'm glad I'm an "Old Phart". I get plenty of enjoyment just driving my car and occasionally rowing through the gears and not referring to everybody as "Bro" and "Dude". To each their own, but my respect for the car and the money I spent to buy it says "No" to doing things like donuts, burnouts and driving dangerously at excessive speeds as seen on YouTube videos... Bruce

Last edited:

MTBjunkie00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package Lightning Blue
Hi - I think I'm glad I'm an "Old Phart". I get plenty of enjoyment just driving my car and occasionally rowing through the gears without referring to everybody as "Bro" and "Dude". To each their own, but my respect for the car and the money I spent to buy it says "No" to doing things like donuts, burnouts and driving dangerously at excessive speeds... Bruce
Cool story bro.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This. Even with AdvanceTrac turned off, it still limits how far the ass end is allowed to hang out.
So what's the limit ? With my 17 I had the ass out 90 degrees with the wheel at full counter steer and nothing kicked on.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I have a 2019 and have never tried to do donuts. It may be time to find a parking lot.

thasuperdude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So what's the limit ? With my 17 I had the ass out 90 degrees with the wheel at full counter steer and nothing kicked on.
It has to do with the YAW/throttle/steering input. If they don't match the trajectory, it'll intervene.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
It has to do with the YAW/throttle/steering input. If they don't match the trajectory, it'll intervene.
What like a time attack slalom ? Done that too, nothing kicked on.
Sponsored