20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Rapid Red
Vehicle Showcase
I placed an $80 with American Muscle. To finish off the purchase the order asked me if I wanted my order with an earlier date for a cost of $7.99 or so, or just wait for it to be delivered. Okay now here is where the shit hits the fan: I live not far from their shipping point in Lenexa, KS. I placed my order over the weekend so they could pull the merch, wrap it up nicely, box it and give it to the driver with the brown clothes Monday afternoon. I normally get shipments made this way the next business day which would be Tuesday. I received the tracking number late afternoon and immediately tracked it...doesn't exist according to UPS. It didn't exist until 12:45am according to UPS. BUT, here is what the tracking page also told me: this shipment will be sent to USPS Sure Post. That pushes the delivery date out to Wednesday (if I am lucky to get that kind of service from USPS)...all because I didn't fork over the $8 to have it shipped via normal UPS. I'm taking my business elsewhere.
Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Same thing happened to me on my last order. I've had numerous problems with packages whenever USPS is involved. In the past, I used to get everything from AM in a day or two. After all, I live 3-4 hours away from them. Now it takes a good week to get anything.

OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Surepost is a huge cost savings for any company that needs to ship large numbers of small packages. At work we saved $50-60k a year in shipping costs by switching over. That's probably why they asked for thd upcharge to UPS. Surepost uses USPS only for the "last mile" part of the delivery. Since you're in that last mile, you basically are at the mercy of the USPS. Considering that they're being gutted right now...

My question for you is, was the standard shipping free? If so, you get what you pay for. Even better question, have you tried to contact AM? If not, you can't really complain here. We can't do anything for you, but I'd bet they can.
"We can't do anything for you..." Who is "We"?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Guess we get what we pay for. I believe all package deliveries are flooded. A drive to work these days is incredibly great.

Sort of think the china virus ain't so bad..All the fools staying @ home is marvelous .

BUT any of us ordering goods online are in the new traffic jam. So we have choices, consider them an use as you choose.

There will always be something new to bitch about

Last edited:
OP
OP
20ducks

20ducks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg G.
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Guess we get what we pay for. I believe all package deliveries are flooded. A drive to work these days is incredibly great.

Sort of think the china virus ain't so bad..All the fools staying @ home is marvelous .

BUT any of us ordering goods online are in the new traffic jam. So we have choices, consider them an us as you choose.

There will always be something new to bitch about
I'm sure there is a point in there somewhere....what is it?

peoples1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Based off your posts, you’re definitely a Kyle (or whatever the Male version of Karen is called).

You got free shipping, and you want them to send it to you any other way than what is cheapest for them? Given the option for preferential shipping, you declined, and now you want us to share in the indignation that you feel?
Sponsored