Sponsored

Why the Mach 1 is a bargain....

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Why not buy the car in the US?
Works out to be the same or more for new cars. You get hit with taxes, then have to convert the vehicle to Canadian standards and then sometimes there are headaches when it comes to warranty issues (place of purchase vs home address...etc)
Sponsored

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
Are you under 5'4"? If not, I call bullshit on fitting in the back of the Mustang. Ain't nobody sitting behind my seat, unless they're a small woman sitting cross-legged. My seat is in contact with the back seat, there is zero legroom.
5-10 180 and can sit in the back of M2 or Mustang. I didn't say its like sitting in a Maybach.
Sorry that "aint nobody sitting behind your seat."

My point was the M2 is no more cramped than a mustang

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
You can buy that all day long from the factory. It even comes with dynamic performance dampers and a properly beefy Tremec transmission, 305 on 11" rims, but most importantly a Shaker hood. With a sticker at least 5,000 less than the Mach and furthermore discounted (dealer+rebate) for 10 grand lower.
I'm assuming this is total sarcasm unless I really missed something.

fastergt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 HP, 2022 Ranger Lariat Tremor
He was specifically talking about the ring lights and shaker hood on the Challenger, as well as the available Tremec (I'd personally stick with the ZF myself :giggle:).
I knew that but 609 hadn't read that far back so I gave him a break.

Sponsored

Lancaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang V8 GT Fastback
In the UK they list the ā€˜on the roadā€™ price (so including all taxes, etc) for a Mach 1 with the uprated wheels and metallic paint for around Ā£58,700, which is circa $82,000 US. If you want the Appearance Pack youā€™ll need to lob another Ā£1,400 ($1,950) on top. Thing is Mustangs have always been pretty pricey over here compared to the US.

I guess the only meaningful comparison is against the more standard GT. If you spec the GT up the best you can to the standard of the Mach 1 that would come in at just over Ā£50,000 ($70,000). So essentially youā€™re paying Ā£9,000 ($12,000) for the updated engine and other specific mods exclusive to the Mach 1. Is it worth it? Well thatā€™s very much a personal opinion and probably largely dependent on what you want to use the car for. If I was in the market for a brand new Mustang right now then Iā€™d definitely consider the Mach 1 as I like the look of it (although i prefer the look of the performance/handling pack version which I donā€™t think we get in the UK), however as it would be my daily driver and it would rarely see a race track the GT is probably a better bet. So horses for courses really.

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro

Sponsored

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
Can't find a place to build a mach 1 (in canada)

Built a challenger 392 widebody with shaker package and another 1400 in options. came to a whopping 83,300 tax in.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Why wouldn't you say the Mach1 is a bargain? On the base Mach1 you start with a PP2 , which includes stiffer front and rear springs and sway bars over the PP1 ,minus the tires and wheels. Then you add the Bullet engine. Next add the transmission and coolers of the GT350. Plus you can option for either Tremec M6 or a tuned A10. The only downside is the base tires and wheels.
Then the HP has all the base Mach1 parts plus better tires and wheels, better front splitter, GT350 rear spoiler, and adjustable strut towers.
Overall you're taking the best parts of the top performance Mustangs and putting them in a street and track car, that while expensive, it's not stupid expensive like a GT 350 or 500.
I think it's a good car and I'd love to have one. I just don't see it happening any time soon.

Nate_V8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS
57k USD?
I just built one with basically every box checked and it only came out to $57k. Even converting to your monopoly money, that's only $72k.
I found a few reports saying it will be starting at 65k CAD. So options and then delivery/tax of 15%. will be 75k minimum starting here

mduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT M6 2018 Orange Fury, Mach 1 on order
My ordered Mach 1 is about 73K USD here in Sweden
I already own a GT but I am upgrading since I have the possibility to own a limited edition and I do want a more track focused car. Still I get to get the use for a family of four.

I have checked my options and could not find a single car to compete with the Mustang with the criterias I set up.

Fun, spirited driving or just cruising along in a Gran Turismo car with the family in a NA V8 Mustang and still get to bring all of our luggage, well that is fantastic.

sear12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
I was considering Mach1 instead of GT, but here its about 63k vs 74k. And i believe that European version is cheated as its 460 hp instead of 480 and i also think that we get same manual transmission that is in GT. Havent seen any sign of Tremec like the Us version have.
Sponsored