Why the delay in 2019 GT350 arrivals?

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Mine is sitting in a rail yard in Phoenix baking in 100 degree plus temps. This is just what I had in mind for my new GT350.
If I had a drone I would go down to the rail yard and take a peek at it.
Sponsored

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
My R is stranded in the rail yard/transfer station for three weeks now, due to the shifter issue.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for these cars?

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
My R is stranded in the rail yard/transfer station for three weeks now, due to the shifter issue.
Is it at the rail yard in Michigan or is it in your home town? How do you know it is being held for the shifter issue?

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
It’s on the east coast. My dealer gave me that as the reason for delay. He is a friend of mine so I know that is what they told him. Whether that is that actual reason I can only hope they are transparent with my dealer.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It’s on the east coast. My dealer gave me that as the reason for delay. He is a friend of mine so I know that is what they told him. Whether that is that actual reason I can only hope they are transparent with my dealer.
It makes no sense to not deliver them to the dealer and have the dealer install the new shifters. So now what are they going to do sent a repair crew to all the different rail yards around the country to install shifters?????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
It makes no sense to not deliver them to the dealer and have the dealer install the new shifters. So now what are they going to do sent a repair crew to all the different rail yards around the country to install shifters?????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep, that is exactly what they are planning on doing according to what I heard (send a crew, ....).

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Somewhat off topic but you guys might be able to help me out -
I want the feedback of anyone who special ordered a 2019 and who has a relevant/fresh delivered or stuck in hell but otherwise not going to change version of their window sticker.

My question is as follows - is there anything on the window sticker that indicates you (By name) are the customer of your special order?

My last ordered Ford was in 2014 and went great - this on the other hand has not been fun. I purchase-ordered & put down a MY19 GT350 deposit from my local dealer in December & waited, that fell through in April (allocation games by FMC), I bounced to ordering from a dealer 1300 miles away who had an allocation & order already put in in January, we did a PA & deposit changing the build to my specs Aprtil 12th to be delivered here, and about a few weeks ago 5/21 I finally got a VIN and a build & delivery date (yeah, I know - good luck with that). I just learned this past Friday that the customer in the order is the dealer's name not mine & learned today they can't change it despite being 6 weeks from scheduled production. Why care? Maybe I don't but If its on the windows sticker as someone else's name after going through this hell of waiting just to get dates and waits then I'll be pretty bummed out.

So, anyone know if any such info appears on the window sticker? The one's I've seen were not special orders so I have nothing to compare it to. I was told by my remotely located dealer that they no longer put that info on the windowssticker but do indicate that it's a special order. I supposed I have the pre-DORA (preview order and it's #) showing this was build for me but even tracking the car progress its apparently not in my name. &*^%*#@&!!! Do you guys agree?

Thanks for nay help or op-eds....and if it's not obvious - I feel your pain - it's not fun being jerked around on delivery delays & reasons.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Yep, that is exactly what they are planning on doing according to what I heard (send a crew, ....).
That is insane. How many automotive rail yards are there in the states? There has to be hundreds. If my car sits for another week or so in the sun in 100 degrees plus temps I will not accept the car.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I want the feedback of anyone who special ordered a 2019 and who has a relevant/fresh delivered or stuck in hell but otherwise not going to change version of their window sticker.

My question is as follows - is there anything on the window sticker that indicates you (By name) are the customer of your special order?

My last ordered Ford was in 2014 and went great - this on the other hand has not been fun. I purchase-ordered & put down a MY19 GT350 deposit from my local dealer in December & waited, that fell through in April (allocation games by FMC), I bounced to ordering from a dealer 1300 miles away who had an allocation & order already put in in January, we did a PA & deposit changing the build to my specs Aprtil 12th to be delivered here, and about a few weeks ago 5/21 I finally got a VIN and a build & delivery date (yeah, I know - good luck with that). I just learned this past Friday that the customer in the order is the dealer's name not mine & learned today they can't change it despite being 6 weeks from scheduled production. Why care? Maybe I don't but If its on the windows sticker as someone else's name after going through this hell of waiting just to get dates and waits then I'll be pretty bummed out.

So, anyone know if any such info appears on the window sticker? The one's I've seen were not special orders so I have nothing to compare it to. I was told by my remotely located dealer that they no longer put that info on the windowssticker but do indicate that it's a special order. I supposed I have the DORA showing this was build for me but even tracking the car progress its apparently not in my name. &*^%*#@&!!! Do you guys agree?

Thanks for nay help or op-eds....and if it's not obvious - I feel your pain - it's not fun being jerked around on delivery delays & reasons.
It will say SPECIAL ORDER at the bottom of the window sticker but it will not show any customer names.

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®

So, anyone know if any such info appears on the window sticker? The one's I've seen were not special orders so I have nothing to compare it to. I was told by my remotely located dealer that they no longer put that info on the windowssticker but do indicate that it's a special order. I supposed I have the pre-DORA (preview order and it's #) showing this was build for me but even tracking the car progress its apparently not in my name. &*^%*#@&!!! Do you guys agree?

From what my dealer told me, the customer name in the special order info has no meaning and is for placeholder purpose only. He had made a typo in my name and that's why I had asked him.

Sponsored

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
For the ones that have already been shipped then it sounds like we're all waiting on a replacement shifter part. I can't imagine they could ship the vehicle with only a temp steering wheel, that would be insane and extremely inefficient. I don't understand why they just found a faulty part had been installed in the shifter mechanism? I know there were a few tweaks and changes made for the 2019 model, but I wouldn't think anything would have changed from a part perspective for the shifter. Mine is sitting in a lot 2 hours from me...dying to see it. As others stated above, I can't imagine them sending a crews to all these rails yards to replace these parts. They're just sitting in a parking lot, not like it's in an automotive / dealership garage bay with all the necessary tools at hand. Does anyone know if Ford has ever done this before, either with the Mustang or any vehicle model where they send a crew to the rail yards? I've only got a few months to drive it while the weather is nice here on the east coast, and time is ticking.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
From what my dealer told me, the customer name in the special order info has no meaning and is for placeholder purpose only. He had made a typo in my name and that's why I had asked him.
Thanks guys.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I've only got a few months to drive it while the weather is nice here on the east coast, and time is ticking.
Ditto.

Speaking of our weather - Whats your tire plan?

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Ditto.

Speaking of our weather - Whats your tire plan?
I know the Cup 2's on it won't last that long, so hoping to get a couple years out of them since I don't plan on using it on the track. After that I've heard the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are a pretty good road tire. Will probably do some more research as I get closer to replacing them and see if anything new is on the market.

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I know the Cup 2's on it won't last that long, so hoping to get a couple years out of them since I don't plan on using it on the track. After that I've heard the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are a pretty good road tire. Will probably do some more research as I get closer to replacing them and see if anything new is on the market.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but AFIK the SC2's don't tolerate <40degF without damage (cracking) - I think for us that's the bigger issue unless your storage space is heated (mine sure isn't). I don't know if there are any good compromises that still give 3 season performance and can tolerate cold storage but I'm looking into it - reportedly the PSS are less cold sensitive and is a decent handling tire and fits our stock rims. The odd stock wheel size limits options too - some go to a 20" to open up the options - another big investment then in wheels and tires.

I work on Rte 128/95 but live closer to Camb. - it's a shame our track options are so limited
(Boston is obviously a great sports town (go B's!!) ....except for Motorsports/road courses - Limerock & the Glenn are a hike for non trailered amateurs like me)....I kinda lost that reality when excited about the MY19's updates that are track oriented (yes, I went with handling pkg too ; )
Sponsored