Why the delay in 2019 GT350 arrivals?

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
Is your vehicle still on track to be delivered next week? The status of my vehicle has not changed.
I have no idea. I'll check Monday again with Ford to see if they shipped the car. At this point its playing Russian roulette. I'm hoping next week to have it.
Sponsored

Reactions: GJB
OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I'm at Shelbyfest in Jefferson City, Mo. I spoke with a Ford rep. from Flat Rock, who brought a new 2019 GT350 down for the show. He confirmed the steering wheel shortage and said they are currently installing the steering wheels in the cars that have been sitting in the lot for over a month. Mine included. He did say it was a slow process because the cars have to go through some testing procedures after the wheel is installed and then a paint quality inspection before being loaded for shipping. He said probably another week or so to get them all out. He was very forthcoming and sympathized with our plight! Mine is up to 25 days on the tracking site. I'm think late May now. Very frustrating but I've at least go my 2013 GT500 to help with the pain of waiting. The new GT350 was filthy from the trip down, but still was nice to look at. I like the new wing and the carbon fiber dash, At least we know there is some forward movement, despite the predicted further waiting for our cars.

vancouver_voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
GT350 2019
In transit now. New EDD is 27th. What I learned from this. Your real EDD is not until the car is in transit. I mean there’s no other way they can delay the car right l? Lol

Reactions: GJB

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
I'm at Shelbyfest in Jefferson City, Mo. I spoke with a Ford rep. from Flat Rock, who brought a new 2019 GT350 down for the show. He confirmed the steering wheel shortage and said they are currently installing the steering wheels in the cars that have been sitting in the lot for over a month. Mine included. He did say it was a slow process because the cars have to go through some testing procedures after the wheel is installed and then a paint quality inspection before being loaded for shipping. He said probably another week or so to get them all out. He was very forthcoming and sympathized with our plight! Mine is up to 25 days on the tracking site. I'm think late May now. Very frustrating but I've at least go my 2013 GT500 to help with the pain of waiting. The new GT350 was filthy from the trip down, but still was nice to look at. I like the new wing and the carbon fiber dash, At least we know there is some forward movement, despite the predicted further waiting for our cars.
Thanks for the update. At least someone at Ford appears to be human and understand our frustration.

Late May seems to be a good bet because I doubt we will see any movement this coming week.

A paint quality check is definitely necessary since these cars have been sitting outside for weeks exposed to whatever Mother Nature has decided to deliver, not only rain but most likely snow. The sun, although I am not sure exactly what that is since all it has been doing in NY is raining, beating down on the cars day after day does nothing for the paint either.

I plan on checking the tracker next Friday, I will post an update if my status happens to change.

Sponsored

rhino20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500 (Chassis L2023)
In transit now. New EDD is 27th. What I learned from this. Your real EDD is not until the car is in transit. I mean there’s no other way they can delay the car right l? Lol
I’m sure Ford could find a way!

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I order my 2019 GT350 in early March, and it only took a few months before it was finished and shipped by rail car. It was off loaded from the rail car on May 24th, and as of June 9th it's still sitting in a lot. I went to the dealership yesterday and they told me that all the GT350's are being held for an inspection that wasn't completed at the factory. I don't have anymore information than that. Is anyone else hearing of the same thing or know what might be holding it from being transported to the dealership?

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I heard the same thing, No idea what this is about.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Mine is sitting in a rail yard in Phoenix baking in 100 degree plus temps. This is just what I had in mind for my new GT350.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Dealer was up front with me all the way. Mine was delayed for steering wheel. Let me assure you it is worth the wait! Awsome car.

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Dealer was up front with me all the way. Mine was delayed for steering wheel. Let me assure you it is worth the wait! Awsome car.
Having the dealer be upfront is a big plus BUT!!!!!! That still does not excuse Ford for the way they have handled the 2019 GT350 production. I would say this is their most loyal buyers group and Ford's top mass market performance car. Ford needs to do a better job of being transparent with the delays. It is shameful to have this car sit at Flat Rock for weeks and months without being forthcoming. When they finally do produce a car it sits for weeks at the destination rail yard waiting for one more car to fill the truck to save a buck or two. The way they have handled this is just plain crap!!!!!

Last edited:

ScottieDoo05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Mine is sitting in a rail yard in Phoenix baking in 100 degree plus temps. This is just what I had in mind for my new GT350.
Mine's not baking but collecting pollen that's for sure. How long has yours been sitting in the rail yard? Wondering how long it's really going to take them to finish up the inspection.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Mine's not baking but collecting pollen that's for sure. How long has yours been sitting in the rail yard? Wondering how long it's really going to take them to finish up the inspection.
I don't know for sure as I just discovered how to get that information a week ago. So at least a week and probably more time than that. It was shipped on 5/10 so I am thinking weeks.

OP
OP

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
From what I heard from my dealer who has been speaking with a reliable source at the Flat Rock plant, our cars were waiting for steering wheels to be installed after Ford produced them with just temp. steering wheels. Then they found that a faulty part has been installed in the shifter mechanism of a group that had already been produced among the ones waiting for steering wheels, mine included. This necessitated another hold on car's that had even been released for shipping or were in transport. This could explain why some are being held enroute to the dealers. This has been a colossal Fk-up for FMC. Mine was built, completed, and ready to ship on 03/28/2019. It sat in the Flat Rock parking lot, waiting for a steering wheel, till 05/15/2019. Then the steering wheel was installed and it was released to a rail car, but then held, yet again, after the 17th for the shifter issue. It still remains held. I got fed up and my dealer found another GT350 at another dealership that I pick up today. The condition of the paint certainly is questionable reference my originally ordered car. I didn't even want it. Apparently there was a group that went down the assembly line and had the defective shift part installed. Ford caught the mistake and held them all until a replacement could be installed. My originally ordered car is predicted to be released at the end of June...right! Why Ford didn't let the cars with shifter problems be delivered, and replace the part at the dealership is beyond my understanding, unless it rendered the car inoperative. I'm just happy I found a car that wasn't in the group from hell!
Sponsored