Why so blue? Tim's Paxton Supercharged GT Journal

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
Very honorable of you Tim! As always, happy wife happy life haha. My daily is a Double Cab (4 door) 2nd Gen Tacoma and its been the best all around vehicle I've ever owned. Definitely check them out when it comes time to look for a truck!
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Very honorable of you Tim! As always, happy wife happy life haha. My daily is a Double Cab (4 door) 2nd Gen Tacoma and its been the best all around vehicle I've ever owned. Definitely check them out when it comes time to look for a truck!

Actually I'm looking at a Tacoma 4 door! Thats top of my list :cheers:

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
FRPP GT350 Exhaust Kit

Decided I'd had enough of the base model rear bumper, and got super lucky finding a local seller who parted out and took off this complete Ford Racing Sport GT350 exhaust kit. I've still got the Kooks headers and Corsa exhaust on order, so as of right now I'm thinking keep the headers and just sell the brand new catback. Yes, I know, I have problems...haha! :lol:

I'd wanted this rear end since I saw the Shelby GT350, and I think it is truly fantastic that Ford offers a full valence and exhaust package to allow us non-Shelby owners to get that super aggressive rear end.

I almost bought the touring exhaust brand new, but came across this used Sport exhaust, and I'm glad I ended up with the louder setup, as even the sports are certainly quieter than I expected. It is a very nice sound level for a daily driver, and has a wonderful exhaust note at the higher RPM.

As far as fit an finish goes, it is what you would expect of Ford parts...all fitted perfectly with no issues. The exhaust didn't require much adjustment to get the tips as centered as possible, and the bumper was a simple matter of plug and play, just being careful not to damage any of the small clips that snap in along the edges.

The rear bumper was originally Oxford White, so I had a local bodyshop color match my Deep Impact Blue. They did an outstanding job; very high gloss and no imperfections that I could see even when out in the bright sunlight at all angles...looks perfect. Very happy. I used Fabricante Bodyshop in Lake Forest, CA for anyone local who needs spray work doing.

Just a few photos...heres the newly sprayed bumper squeezed into my wifes SUV (she was very happy about my using it to cram in car parts :lol:)

And the complete exhaust with only 900 miles on it from the previous owner...

Easy enough, remove the base bumper, transfer all the wiring, lights etc over onto the new premium bumper and re-install...

And the finished article (Just one photo for now...will take more soon)....

Wish I'd done this sooner :cheers:

Last edited:

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
nice work

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Looks great I loved mine on my last car with Kooks headers, sounded great.
That's what I'm thinking, pair the Kooks headers with green cats to the FRPP Sport. Only thing is, I custom ordered the headers with 3" direct Corsa connects, so I'll need to have a 3"-2.5" reducer fabbed up to make it plug and play.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack Spoiler

Stealing more parts from the OEM GT350 parts bin, I picked up a gloss black spoiler from a 2016 GT350 Tech Pack owner who had upgraded to the larger track pack spoiler.

I really like the subtle lip, keeps my rear end very clean looking and OEM.

With my blank Ford Racing decklid panel, and the recent addition of the GT350 rear bumper and quad exhaust kit, and now with the GT350 tech spoiler added, I truly am a GT350-wannabe from behind the car! Haha, its all good, looks superb and I am over the moon with the appearance :headbang:

The owner who sold me this spoiler (also on the forum) happened to have a GT350 rather similar to my GT...he even had Project 6GR wheels! :lol:His Shelby was definitely a gorgeous car...

And after getting home and installing the new spoiler...(Ignore the finger prints on the paint/decklid, car needs a bath and pamper day on Sunday)

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Ford Performance Sill Plates

Picked up a set of the Ford Performance door sill plates to replace my rather dull looking OEM black plastic ones, and continue to add to my 'OEM-Plus' theme that I'm trying to steer my build direction in.

Using mostly parts from Ford/Ford Performance/Shelby whenever I can, for guaranteed quality of fit and finish.

Bye bye stock base model plates...

Thanks Mr Fedex...

Install is a breeze, they clip into place and also have a strip of 3M adhesive already installed ready to use...

Ta daa....much better now :cool: ...

Sponsored
OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Trufiber Ram Air hood arrived. Test fitted before paint. Fitment is good, no issues I can see from the initial fit.

Hoping I'm not going to get murdered in bodyshop prep costs. Trufiber is a well known company, so I'm hoping their fiberglass hood is somewhat straight once it is primered and prepped for painting.

Going for the super-snake style snout on the hood. This has a functional air intake on the front, with a scoop/formed ducting on the underside to guide the air directly onto the air filter. So it has some good function as well as looking badass :D

Sponsored