SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
You made the right choice imho Tim. I've had green cats for 10,000 boosted miles and have never seen a CEL once. That and your car would be obnoxiously loud without them.
Thats great to hear Jamie! I'm super excited to hear the Corsa Sports/Catted Kooks combo...I'll be posting some videos here once its all buttoned up in a couple of weeks :cheers: Now I play the waiting game... :eek:
Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Managed to finally pick up a Ford Racing deck lid (Part M-16600-M).

I'd previously had one installed on my car last year, but sold it whilst the market was hot, thinking I would be OK going back to the stock chrome GT emblem decklid. That lasted me a while, but eventually decided to go back to a blacked out look, so I threw on a OEM black pony emblem decklid from the Ecoboost model. In the end I still missed the clean look of the Ford Racing emblem delete panel, so I've been on the hunt.

I've spent the past couple of months trying to source one of these Ford Racing panels; every time I found one for sale, I was too late to the party. They just sell too damn fast, and the mark up on these is pretty high now that they are a discontinued item.

The only alternative is the painted MMD panel, and whilst it looked fine on the installed photos I'd seen, I really wanted to hold out for the official Ford Racing panel, for assured quality of fit and finish.

Eventually I secured one, and was promptly installed within 10 mins of arriving on my doorstep :lol:

Couple of pic's whilst at work today, as she currently sits:

In other news, I'm waiting on my 4th July purchases shipping...the Kooks and Corsa package are being made to order, so I'm having to hang tight. Hopefully they will ship this week. We shall see :)

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Managed to finally pick up a Ford Racing deck lid (Part M-16600-M).

I'd previously had one installed on my car last year, but sold it whilst the market was hot, thinking I would be OK going back to the stock chrome GT emblem decklid. That lasted me a while, but eventually decided to go back to a blacked out look, so I threw on a OEM black pony emblem decklid from the Ecoboost model. In the end I still missed the clean look of the Ford Racing emblem delete panel, so I've been on the hunt.

I've spent the past couple of months trying to source one of these Ford Racing panels; every time I found one for sale, I was too late to the party. They just sell too damn fast, and the mark up on these is pretty high now that they are a discontinued item.

The only alternative is the painted MMD panel, and whilst it looked fine on the installed photos I'd seen, I really wanted to hold out for the official Ford Racing panel, for assured quality of fit and finish.

Eventually I secured one, and was promptly installed within 10 mins of arriving on my doorstep :lol:

Couple of pic's whilst at work today, as she currently sits:

In other news, I'm waiting on my 4th July purchases shipping...the Kooks and Corsa package are being made to order, so I'm having to hang tight. Hopefully they will ship this week. We shall see :)
[/CENTER]

Looks WAY better Tim, glad you found one and went back to it.

I've have an EU faux gas cap "GT" panel a friend shipped over from England for over a year now but cant bring myself to install it because I like the blank panel or even the black appearance package "GT" panel my car came with to much. I'm toying with the idea of blacking it out and putting it on to be different but.......

Anyway, looking good my friend. Enjoy doing the headers, I just finished installing a set of Kooks for a local forum member and his car is now my 6'th header install on S550's AND has to be the worst job EVER lol

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
@Jmeo

If I had a lift, I'd do the install...but theres no way I'm wrestling on my back whilst the car is on axle stands.

I'd like to do it myself, since I enjoy wrenching on the car, but on this occasion is just makes sense to let my Visa card do the install :D

I've got a shop lined up ready to install, I'm just waiting for my parts to ship so I can get an appointment booked. Think yourself lucky you aren't in Orange County or else I'd be booking it into Jaime's Garage for the install :lol:

Last edited:

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Wow very nice tim. Car looks amazing. Just watch out for the hellcat. Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Great build, great right-ups and reviews, and a beast of a car! I don't know who does the MOTM but if I had a vote you would get it! :first::first::first:
Thanks so much Bill! :cheers:

Wow very nice tim. Car looks amazing. Just watch out for the hellcat. Lol
Haha, you know everytime I see a Hellcat around Irvine, I wonder if its you...

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
SUPERCHARGER KIT IS OFF ... GOING BACK TO NA! :(

Certainly not the direction I intended my build to take, but it is what it is...

Being in a car sharing situation with my wife, she does use the Mustang twice per week for her drive to work, and the occasional errands. Unfortunately, in her eyes the car was ‘too much’ for street use, and she just didn’t feel comfortable driving the car. In the few situations where she has wanted to make a spirited traffic manuover, the car has been too much for her in terms of power delivery. Granted, the delivery is smooth, but when you accelerate enough for the car to skip down a gear (keep in mind my car is an Auto) , it really does put you in the back of your seat with a hard kick. For me, being an experienced driver of fast cars (numerous built motor turbo builds in my past etc), it was fun and nothing I couldn’t handle. For my wife though, it scared her and she just didn’t like the responsibility of driving the car with the 600+WHP in its supercharged state.

So, to do the right thing by her, I decided to go back to NA and just revert the car back to bolt-ons. Quite the difference in driving, dropping down in power by such a large amount, but in all honesty it was the right thing to do given the situation. I can’t have a car that she is not comfortable driving, that would be selfish of me. I did sit on the decision for a few weeks, to be sure I was doing the right thing, and common sense prevailed.

To try and take the sting out of the removal of the blower, I am focusing on the cosmetics and also throwing on a few goodies that I’d had my eyes on. All of which will be coming up real soon, some parts already hit my doorstep and I have several on the way.
The supercharger kit came off the car on Monday, and was reverted back to the Ford Racing Power Pack 2 kit. So the GT350 throttle body and GT350 cold air intake. My tuner, Rob Shoemaker, has just dialed in a superb custom tune for the car and it drives very nicely. Smooth and still fast by most peoples standards. Granted, it will take a while for me to get used to the drop in power, but all in all, I feel OK with the change. My wife is grateful of the decision, and there is always the option for me to go back to Forced Induction if I get a second vehicle, therefore relegating the Mustang to being a weekend warrior for my enjoyment only. We shall see what next year brings.

In the meantime, the Procharger kit will be photographed and in the classifieds section of the site by Monday. Any one who has early interest, feel free to PM me for details. Only 2600 miles on the kit, and all the parts are super clean and well cared for.

I'm viewing this as just part of the story in my cars journey, I have my expectations of keeping the car for a good few more years, so I'm sure I'll get the car back on a forced induction set up in the not too distant future. For the meantime, I'll focus on getting the exterior and interior of the car dialed in exactly how I want it, and the engine is only a weekends work away from being blown again, so its not much of a big deal to get her back on the laughing gas. The engine has the billet OPG and crank sprocket, so I'm all set for whenever I'm in a position to go crazy with the engine build once I've bought myself a second car for family duties.

*Sigh*…So in some respects its been a sad week for the Mustang, but onwards and upwards as they say! I have lots of parts coming and wil be documenting the installs as they come in.

Thanks for following along on the crazy ride to those who read my build!:cheers:

Tim

Last edited:

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
That's too bad Tim but I'm sure it was a tough decision to make. Could you not dial it back a bit instead?

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Great decision on your part Tim, gotta keep wifey happy as they say. Again commendable thing to do, looking forward to what mods you have planned.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
That's too bad Tim but I'm sure it was a tough decision to make. Could you not dial it back a bit instead?
I was on the stock pulley...not much I could pull back on.

Saddened but you gotta do what you think is right
You know what they say, one step back, two steps forward. Already eyeing up a 4 door truck for business/family use so I'm planning next year to get the build back on track in the engine department ;)

Great decision on your part Tim, gotta keep wifey happy as they say. Again commendable thing to do, looking forward to what mods you have planned.
Appreciate kinds words! Always family first :amen:

Last edited:

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Sorry to hear. I would've at least let her try it with numbed down tune in timing and throttle sensitivity. Then pulled the blower of it was still too much. Had you had a D1 I would've offered a trade for my P1 + cash so you could maybe get some cash up front quick to help demoding but you still have a P1.

OP
OP
SoCalTim

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear. I would've at least let her try it with numbed down tune in timing and throttle sensitivity. Then pulled the blower of it was still too much. Had you had a D1 I would've offered a trade for my P1 + cash so you could maybe get some cash up front quick to help demoding but you still have a P1.
Thanks for the support! Yes I did consider having the tune adjusted to tune out some of the throttle sensitivity, but I decided to have the car in NA form with bolt-ons was just a smarter choice overall.

We have a 10 month old and another one due after Christmas...so I will be needing to get a 4 door for myself regardless, no way I'll survive with 2 rear facing car seats in the Mustang. I'm thinking pick up a mid-range priced truck this winter, then the Mustang can go back to FI set up once it becomes a second car for me :)

Sponsored