Sponsored

Why put so much money in a GT if you can buy a GT350?

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Lol Khyber :) I know you love your manual. I agree with you and the crowd that hopes that manuals DON'T go away. I think it would be a mistake. I respect you guy's that a manual enthusists, I think there are many reasons/advantages for wanting one, I just have more reasons for not.

I also hope they don't stop offering auto's, My hope would be, is that they become more advanced. I tried the manual 2015 and I just didn't like it. I could have bought at Vette, Challenger, Z28 or GT 350, all in manual. This just happens to be the set up I prefer.

I just think that if a car is moving down an assembly line it shouldn't be that much of a problem for.them to add the trans people want to pay for.

In fact...if Ford offered a GT350 R or otherwise with an auto trans, regardless of the extra $$$, thats what I'd be driving.
I think the key word here is enthusiast. I bought the manual for my science experiment because I just enjoy driving one a couple or three times a month, our other four cars are all auto's. Here is a pic of my friends garage with some of the fastest cars I've ever experienced and they're all auto's, and this is from a guy who special ordered a manual in his CTS-V. I'm fairly decent with a manual and he is also but we both agree that the auto's in these three cars simply cant be touched by a human, in particular the AMG, hell, even the 7 speed in the Z07 is sweet. If I want a fun car I'll go manual but for a DD or a true go fast car I'll look to auto's from now on.
AMG.png
Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
50,000 to 70,000 hmm
50k plus ADM is averaging over 60k from what I can find. And GT350 vs Z06 is not even a competition lol

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
They don't call 'em "stealerships" for nothing. :D
it's not stealing if someone gives it to you willingly.

if no one bought a GT350/R for over MSRP then no one would sell them with ADMs. prices would drop quickly.

don't blame the dealer, blame yourself for not having the money, blame ford for building a car that isn't worth the money, and blame the guy who pays the adm for doing it.

it's not the dealership's fault. heck, look at the GTR, it was launched at 72K and dealers got 20k+ ADMs until Nissan raised MSRP into the 90s. No more ADM and do you think the GTR suddenly got 20K more expensive to make? No, nissan took the profits from the dealers.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
50k plus ADM is averaging over 60k from what I can find. And GT350 vs Z06 is not even a competition lol
Well you're a sucker if you pay adm for a car that's not limited production first off. Second I bet you can't get a z06 for lower than 75k or 80k right now. Third, it actually won CoTY beating the z06 and many others. Did I mention it's naturally aspirated ? And cost 48k starting price?

48k vs 79k, and also to bring the fact that it's a mustang, not fords flagship the GT, that it competes so well with the corvette.

It wasn't made to be a head to head with a Z06, it's meant to be a z28 killer.

To the not competition comment, sure the z06 is faster. 30k faster? Well that's up to you too decide if it's worth it.

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I would never pay ADM on any car, that's just crazy. Eventually the price will come back to earth. Dealers (even ones that we have good relationships with) are notoriously short sited, but of course they have every right to sell a car for the most they can possibly get at the time. Every time a special edition Mustang comes out they try to profit from the perception of future value, but it rarely pans out. Remember the crazy asking prices for the GT500 or the Shelby GT? And its not just Ford. I remember when the Honda S2000 came out and people were paying $20k ADM for them in Florida, but in West Virginia they were $500 under invoice!

But there are always those members of the "more money than brains" club who simply have to have something the minute it comes out, or they think that 2016 GT350 will someday be worth 20x its MSRP like the 60s Mustangs. If you have it and you don't care to throw it away on bragging rights, then more power to you. But I would rather spend wisely on my foolish automotive desires.
The exact same crazy assed crap is happening with the Hellcats right now with used ones going for more than their original MSRP. Only a matter of time before the balloon pops & prices plummet back to earth. I can remember the same insane talk back when Vipers 1st came out & now they are being sold at a discount. Imagine there are a whole lot of guys out there that thought they had a "collectible" only to find out it's just another car for now. 30 years from now, maybe they will be worth something, but I for 1 won't be around to savor the moment ;)

If it weren't for the "gotta have it" crowd, speculators & greedy dealer ADM, I'd be driving a Hellcat now, but I'm betting I will have every bit as much fun with the 'stang + an extra $25 - $30K in my wallet :thumbsup:

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
The exact same crazy assed crap is happening with the Hellcats right now with used ones going for more than their original MSRP. Only a matter of time before the balloon pops & prices plummet back to earth. I can remember the same insane talk back when Vipers 1st came out & now they are being sold at a discount. Imagine there are a whole lot of guys out there that thought they had a "collectible" only to find out it's just another car for now. 30 years from now, maybe they will be worth something, but I for 1 won't be around to savor the moment ;)

If it weren't for the "gotta have it" crowd, speculators & greedy dealer ADM, I'd be driving a Hellcat now, but I'm betting I will have every bit as much fun with the 'stang + an extra $25 - $30K in my wallet :thumbsup:
Must suck to be the people who paid 30k ADM on the cats when people start getting them below MSRP:headbonk:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
it's not stealing if someone gives it to you willingly.

if no one bought a GT350/R for over MSRP then no one would sell them with ADMs. prices would drop quickly.

don't blame the dealer, blame yourself for not having the money, blame ford for building a car that isn't worth the money, and blame the guy who pays the adm for doing it.

it's not the dealership's fault. heck, look at the GTR, it was launched at 72K and dealers got 20k+ ADMs until Nissan raised MSRP into the 90s. No more ADM and do you think the GTR suddenly got 20K more expensive to make? No, nissan took the profits from the dealers.
The dealers are greedy. "Stealership" is a word that describes that. But of course they will try to get as much as possible, so not blaming them. I agree it's the people with more money than brains that allows the dealers to try and be as greedy and money grubbing as possible.

Adaraas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
16 Premium GT, 17 Laramie Cummins
Actually, it's true - look up the census data for Citrus county FL - 35% of the permanent pop. here is > 65 ! In winter it nearly doubles with the snow birds !
off topic but I live there! :D

Currently drive a C7 corvette but I'll be trading it back in for another GT on saturday.

Sponsored

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
The dealers are greedy. "Stealership" is a word that describes that. But of course they will try to get as much as possible, so not blaming them. I agree it's the people with more money than brains that allows the dealers to try and be as greedy and money grubbing as possible.
:headbonk:

I understand what makes you think this way. But it's called capitalism and it's how our, and much or the worlds, economy works.

What do you do for a living?

Childs Play

But Wait! There's More!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Shitbox
Must suck to be the people who paid 30k ADM on the cats when people start getting them below MSRP:headbonk:
Some people are dumb and have the money to waste. Unfortunately that is a driving factor for selling cars over MSRP.

If I owned a dealership and someone was willing to hand me $30,000 over MSRP you can dang well bet I'd take it... That's not greed. That's knowing when to take a good deal.

I saw one of the Charger Hellcats here at a local dealership showing $101,000 after dealer mark up. And it was sold... Someone laughed their way to the bank on that one.

Personally, I'd prefer to pick one up in 5 years for wayyyyy below that.

Higgs Boson

Detonation Denotation
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350R
Some people are dumb and have the money to waste. Unfortunately that is a driving factor for selling cars over MSRP.

If I owned a dealership and someone was willing to hand me $30,000 over MSRP you can dang well bet I'd take it... That's not greed. That's knowing when to take a good deal.

I saw one of the Charger Hellcats here at a local dealership showing $101,000 after dealer mark up. And it was sold... Someone laughed their way to the bank on that one.

Personally, I'd prefer to pick one up in 5 years for wayyyyy below that.
hence the term, "patience is a virtue."

and you never know, the people who can pay ADMs might look at some of the stuff other people buy, like cigarettes, alcohol, strippers, etc that all disappear as soon as you blink and think to themselves, man they are so stupid, what a waste of money.

when you don't blow it all on bad habits it is amazing what you can afford.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The GT350 isn't available in my country.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
blame the guy who pays the adm for doing it.
That's where any blame belongs. Without him, the whole idea of ADM collapses.

There's always going to be a few people in better financial situations than the rest of us, and there will always be people at similar income levels who make financial decisions that are less than well thought out. When those conditions meet "gotta have it" or "gotta be the first to get it" . . .

Norm
Sponsored