Sponsored

Why no Twin Turbo v6 mustang like the F150 engine?

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
so, it would seem logical that there is enough room in the engine bay of the new mustang to put a V6 engine in (they did prior the the 18s anyway)... so why not instead of dropping the v6, or even bothering with a turbo 4, give me a twin turbo v6 option?! the power you could make would be crazy, and the car would probably be pretty damn fast considering itll make the big truck move like it does. are they just trying to keep the 5.0s around as long as possible?

and as far as the turbo 4 goes. i feel like they could have made that engine a tad bigger, or used a bigger turbo, or maybe gone with a supercharger instead... i love the car, but i still feel like my supercharged mini cooper is still faster (even though it is souped up)... i would have just expected more from a car (stang) that has 100+ more HP out of the box than the mini

let me know if there are any F150 turbo swaps into any mustangs too! lol
I will raise an easier question. Why wouldn't Ford offer the V6 motor and the GT suspension package? You can get it on the Turbo 4 but not the 6. Plus Ford apparently is not offering the 6 anymore. I would have ordered a GT PP car with a 6 and a supercharger. I love my 5.0 but would have ordered the 6 cylinder if that suspension was available. In hindsight, knowing what I do now I would have considered the 6 and swapping out the suspension.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I will raise an easier question. Why wouldn't Ford offer the V6 motor and the GT suspension package? You can get it on the Turbo 4 but not the 6. Plus Ford apparently is not offering the 6 anymore. I would have ordered a GT PP car with a 6 and a supercharger. I love my 5.0 but would have ordered the 6 cylinder if that suspension was available. In hindsight, knowing what I do now I would have considered the 6 and swapping out the suspension.
Same reason Ford didn't offer premium trim for the V6. They wanted to steer buyers to the Ecoboost as they phased out the V6.