Sponsored

Why no performance pack for the automatic GT? (outside 50th ann. ed.)

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
I am hoping this is a misprint but I don't think it is. Why in the Hell would Ford do this? I hate to say it but this may be a deal breaker for me.

Do you think we automatic fans will still be able to order a Brembo Brake package with the brakes and gloss black wheels as an option?

Will we be able to order the 2 dash gauges as an option?

Will we be able to order the PP front splitter as an option?

If we can order these ala cart I will be satisfied, but if I'm not allowed to order these options, Ford may have lost a potential customer. It is that big a deal breaker for me. I hate to say it, but it is.

Any long time Mustang fans think there is any hope for my above guesses. I truly want to own a Mustang but if I'm denied a couple of these "must have" options I may go elsewhere. Sorry to bitch but I've been thinking we would have the PP available to automatic owners. :( :( :(
Sponsored

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
The 50 Year Limited Edition is the only 2015 Mustang that will be available with a combination of an automatic transmission and the performance pack.

Dumb. Dumb DUMB DUMB!

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
Didn't they allow for the track pack to be purchased on the automatics the past few years? I wonder why that's not the case this go around?

J.Darcy

About the PP only available on manuals...

What's the percent of people buying autos? isn't it well above 50%? im wondering why they would do this..... can anyone think of a good technical/marketing/production reason? makes no sense to me, they must make good $ on the track packs.

They are going around saying the GT PP will outperform the Boss 302LS and yet more than half the people buying it wont be able to get it with the package??

wilson68944

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
That's a good point. They should offer it with an automatic. I have a manual but decided against the PP since I don't track it. I would assume the reason they only offer it with manual is the same reason they only offer the Boss and GT500 in manual. Which in my opinion is because that's the traditional proper transmission for performance cars. I think it's more about tradition rather than modern auto capabilities, which my auto brothers will be quick to point out in many cases are a slight bit quicker than manual.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
which my auto brothers will be quick to point out in many cases are a slight bit quicker than manual.
As an auto brother I can say that isn't always the case. Perhaps at the drag strip but into a corner there's often an inconsistent lag between the time I ask the transmission to change gears and when it finally decides to accomplish the task.
In any case there are several things in the PP/TP that I wish were offered with the auto, even if it's only for the bling appeal like the dash mounted gauges.

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Autoweek's Article about the 50th Anniversary Limited Edition

Ford*launched the*Mustang*fifty years ago this week*at the New York World's Fair. And to celebrate the iconic pony car's birthday, Ford will be revealing a*2015 Mustang*50 Year Limited Edition, just 1,964 examples of which will be built. The limited edition model premiered at*New York Auto Show*this week, and will go on sale this fall.

The 50th Anniversary Edition will be based on the*2015 Mustang GT fastback*with the performance pack, and it will only be available in two colors: Kona Blue or Wimbledon White, like the car above, as a nod to the first ever Mustang with Serial No. 0001 that was sold to Capt. Stanley Tucker in April of 1964. The 50th Anniversary Mustang will be powered by the upgraded 5.0-liter V8 making 420-hp and 390 lb-ft of torque, and as part of the Mustang GT performance pack it will feature large six-piston Brembo front brakes and 19-inch alloy wheels wrapped in Y-speed-rated Pirelli P-Zero summer tires.

“Mustang fans love to drive their cars, even the rarer examples of the breed, so we built this limited-edition from the best-performing 2015 Mustang available – the GT fastback with the performance pack,” said Dave Pericak, Mustang chief engineer. "While some collectors will undoubtedly stash this car away in a museum, those who choose to hit the open road will get a world-class sports car that can run with the best."

The 50th Anniversary Mustang will also be the only 2015 model which will offer the combination of automatic transmission and the performance pack (a manual will also be available); in fact, transmission choice will be the only option on this fully loaded Mustang. When optioned with the six-speed automatic, the 50th Anniversary Mustang will get a limited-slip rear differential with a 3.55:1 final-drive ratio, while buyers who opt for the six-speed manual get a Torsen rear differential with a 3.73:1 final drive ratio.

Read more:*http://www.autoweek.com/article/20140416/newyork/140419873#ixzz2z4oSOhEQ*
Follow us:*@AutoweekUSA on Twitter*|*AutoweekUSA on Facebook

does this mean: not limited to 155mph. Tires rated 187,5 mph... (Y-spec)

what will be the drag-limited topspeed?

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Someone who is there find out if that press announcement on only the 50th anniv. car having the PP for the automatic and NO other automatic equipped 2015's will have the PP available. Thank you.

That may be a deal breaker for me.

OP
OP
Free Agent

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
Dumb. Dumb DUMB DUMB!
QFT.

If this is true this may be a deal breaker for me. I want the Brembos, gloss black wheels and front diffuser and gauges in an automatic Triple Yellow. If I can't at least get the gloss black wheels and Brembos with the front diffuser in an automatic I may not be purchasing a Mustang GT at all and checking out the new 485 HP Challenger RT Scat Pack. (Even though it is a fat pig.)

C'mon Ford what the fuck gives?

Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
That sounds weird indeed... why rob AT lovers of the extra performance pack... hm... and what about us Europeans that want the 2.3L? (I seriously doubt we'll be seeing many of these limited editions over here...)

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Do we know for sure, that you cannot get it besides the 50th? Seems odd they would only give that option on the 50th and not the other auto's.

Gmxblazer

Threads
Reaction score
Is it that shocking really? They didn't have track pack for auto in 2011-2014. Best gearing you could get was old 3.15. I imagine upgrade rotors and pads would suit better than over paying for brembos.

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Unless Ford drastically changes their ordering policies, there's no way you'll be able to order small pieces such as the gauges and front splitter by themselves. Those types of things will only be available in a package. If the wheels you're refering to are associated with a package that's the only way you can order them.

However, you will probably be able to buy all of those parts after the fact from Ford or Ford Racing and put them on yourself.
Sponsored