Why No Adaptive Cruise on Mach1?

Jay Marcase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Vert Eco Prem
That's you trying to present your opinion as a universal truth. It carries no more weight than mine where ACC isn't anywhere near essential.

Sorry if I can't get on board with today's notion that my car should be able to do all these things for me that I am fully capable of handling in real time all by myself.

Norm
It's not me trying to present my opinion as universal truth because other trims of the Mustang have the feature and tons of other modern cars have the feature as well. So clearly there's a reason why Ford didn't include and like a poster said earlier, it's probably because the Mach 1 bumper interfered with the sensors so instead of re-engineering anything they decided to just delete the option. I can see why a Mach 1 owner would be confused and maybe upset that they bought a $60k Mustang that doesn't have the same features as an Ecoboost Premium.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It's not me trying to present my opinion as universal truth because other trims of the Mustang have the feature and tons of other modern cars have the feature as well. So clearly there's a reason why Ford didn't include and like a poster said earlier, it's probably because the Mach 1 bumper interfered with the sensors so instead of re-engineering anything they decided to just delete the option. I can see why a Mach 1 owner would be confused and maybe upset that they bought a $60k Mustang that doesn't have the same features as an Ecoboost Premium.
I mean, this! I do feel a bit surprised why the Bullitt (and Mach 1) doesn't have it with a premium over a loaded GT, which would have it. Especially when EU Bullitts get that. And I would doubt there's that much difference in testing for 2019 Bullitt and 2019 GT.

Again, yeah, I get different bumpers, the uniqueness of the car, whatever. But dollar for dollar, this is a tad disingenuous from Ford as previously mentioned by others. They keep doing it, will get away with it and will do it again. If you want a Mustang, Ford's got you by the nards and they know it.

Jay Marcase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Vert Eco Prem
I mean, this! I do feel a bit surprised why the Bullitt (and Mach 1) doesn't have it with a premium over a loaded GT, which would have it. Especially when EU Bullitts get that. And I would doubt there's that much difference in testing for 2019 Bullitt and 2019 GT.

Again, yeah, I get different bumpers, the uniqueness of the car, whatever. But dollar for dollar, this is a tad disingenuous from Ford as previously mentioned by others. They keep doing it, will get away with it and will do it again. If you want a Mustang, Ford's got you by the nards and they know it.
100%. To each his own but if I’m spending $60k on a Mustang I want to at least have all the same features that a premium Toyota Corolla has. If Toyota can figure it out for $26k out the door, Ford can. The “this is a race car” is a poor justification. When did race cars start having LATCH for child seats?

Last edited:

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
Sorry if I can't get on board with today's notion that my car should be able to do all these things for me that I am fully capable of handling in real time all by myself.
That may be the case but it looks like you can’t get on board with the notion that people who are buying a $60k car might want to choose to get ACC and then choose to use it sometimes and sometimes not.
Looks like Ford can’t get on board, either, at least not for any reason that any of us have been able to discern with any certainty.
Unlike, say, Porsche, who let you have ACC on pretty much all their models, though at Porsche prices, of course. (It’s a marvel the way those Teutonic devils charge for their options and packages. Hey Ford, yo!)
But then maybe you don’t consider Porsches “driver’s cars”?
:)

Last edited:

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
That may be the case but it looks like you can’t get on board with the notion that people who are buying a $60k car might want to choose to get ACC and then choose to use it sometimes and sometimes not.
Looks like Ford can’t get on board, either, at least not for any reason that any of us have been able to discern with any certainty.
Unlike, say, Porsche, who let you have ACC on pretty much all their models, though at Porsche prices, of course. (It’s a marvel the way those Teutonic devils charge for their options and packages. Hey Ford, yo!)
I think the shared bumper doesn't support ACC. They didn't want to build a different bumper just for that.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I think the shared bumper doesn't support ACC. They didn't want to build a different bumper just for that.
What shared bumper? The Bullitt and Mach 1 have different bumpers. The Mach 1 bumper is more inline with the GT350 bumper

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I think it’s the GT350 bumper.
I doubt it’s the bumper whatever its pedigree but until we hear from an insider at Ford or someone in Oz takes delivery of a Mach 1 with ACC (as apparently offered there in the promotional materials) we can only speculate..

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I doubt it’s the bumper whatever its pedigree but until we hear from an insider at Ford or someone in Oz takes delivery of a Mach 1 with ACC (as apparently offered there in the promotional materials) we can only speculate..
I think the OZ statement was subsequently debunked.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Why doesn’t a Mach 1 owner hook up with a regular GT with ACC owner and compare front ends. Find the part that controls the ACC and see if there is room for it on the M1. Should be pretty easy.

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I think the OZ statement was subsequently debunked.
I’d speculate that was a press car so it *could* change by the time customers get their cars, but having said that, I don’t think we’ll get ACC even though the marketing material says we will. I don’t care either way, I’ve used it in a rental, it’s neither here nor there for me. A nice to have but not a deal breaker

12g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M1454
What about someone taking delivery in New Zealand??? :like: we get our Mach1 before AU.
New Zealand is such a great country, you guys and gals need to come and visit, no Covid19 here!!!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
... I mean no offense by this but I'm sure the cruise control works the throttle differently than you do.
No offense taken - and there's no doubt in my mind that any CC will work the throttle differently than I would. Let's just say that I treat the throttle somewhat more actively into, through, and out of curves, and in anticipation of upslopes/downslopes than CC can even try to do and leave it at that.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It's really hard for me to follow the reasoning behind getting a car that's supposedly fun to drive . . . and then wanting to step as far away from the actual driving as technologically possible.

At Porsche's option pricing, they're basically a custom car builder who is willing to work to a wide range of owner wishes. U.S. Domestic car mfrs used to operate somewhat closer to that business model.

Norm
Sponsored