Why No Adaptive Cruise on Mach1?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Changing the bumper out on a GT to Mach 1 is totally different than adding ACC to Mach1. Your GT doesn't have the coolers / heat exchangers the Mach does
Plus they will be aftermarket bumpers that will hopefully accommodate the ACC.
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I would have severe reservations about adding a feature like this that did not come directly from the factory. To many interactions with different systems to make me feel comfortable that something could go wrong.
Agreed.

If Ford's vehicle dynamics team wasn't convinced that ACC was ready for prime time in the Mach 1, there's no way I'd trust something that either I or any other individual cobbled together. It's not so much about the components, anyway. Getting the calibration right, and getting that to play nice with everything else on the CAN-bus isn't something I'd hand-wave away or expect to be able to solve as an individual using Forscan.

Norm

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I mostly agree with this. Giving the choice of being in front of an idiot texting on his phone with ACC enabled, or in front of the same idiot texting on his phone without ACC enabled, I prefer the former.
I'll give it this much - it'd be a good system for those drivers to have available.

Then again, maybe those folks aren't the Mach 1's target customers anyway.

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
With the cars we have with acc and previous cars with acc and on cars with only regular cruise control(like my Mazda) I set the speed and have my right foot "resting" on the brake pedal in case I need to brake suddenly. This specially on roads where deer, moose etc can cross the road.
You do realize that if your foot occasionally puts enough pressure on the pedal to light up your car's brake lights you're making it harder on the driver behind you to determine when you're actually braking with some seriousness.

I've come up behind such drivers, and what I generally end up doing is ignoring his brake lights almost entirely and watching for some actual deceleration. Have to leave a little more following distance, and it does make for a little extra incentive to pass him and let it be somebody else's problem. Been working so far . . .

Norm

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
If Ford's vehicle dynamics team wasn't convinced that ACC was ready for prime time in the Mach 1
I think the reason is somewhat more pedestrian - nobody wanted to change the bumper mold or tackle the RF interference (?) the extra coolers and their location was causing. I am frankly amazed the GT500 doesn't have it.

The number of cars with ACC-like features is vanishingly small. Maybe in 5 more years the numbers will be high enough to make a material change in avoidable collisions.

Sponsored

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Australian Mach 1 sales brochure states, ACC is a Standard option,

Safety, Security & Driver Assistance
Adaptive Cruise Control.............................................. S
Look at this video from the Rick Kelly interview. No ACC on his car

(3:51 mark)

Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 8.17.29 am.png

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Appears to be a clear breach of the Australian Trade Practices Act, with this sales brochure that Ford Australia have released indicating ACC is a standard option on the Mach 1, false and misleading information if this option is not available.

Attachments

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I know, I checked the brochure too before posting. Press car doesn't show it, but brochure says it does. Its not a deal breaker for me, its a "nice to have" but if the video is a true Aussie spec car, we're not getting it.

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I know, I checked the brochure too before posting. Press car doesn't show it, but brochure says it does. Its not a deal breaker for me, its a "nice to have" but if the video is a true Aussie spec car, we're not getting it.
Sorry but a AU/$100k car without ACC is unacceptable in 2021.

Sponsored

51NNED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
There'll be some sort of clause somewhere that says specs are subject to change, I guarantee it.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
There'll be some sort of clause somewhere that says specs are subject to change, I guarantee it.
They did that with the emblems, side stripe, and grill which got changed after some of us had already ordered.

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I my just get a newer GT PP1 and save $6 K.
Thanks all for your input.
Lee

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
You do realize that if your foot occasionally puts enough pressure on the pedal to light up your car's brake lights you're making it harder on the driver behind you to determine when you're actually braking with some seriousness.

I've come up behind such drivers, and what I generally end up doing is ignoring his brake lights almost entirely and watching for some actual deceleration. Have to leave a little more following distance, and it does make for a little extra incentive to pass him and let it be somebody else's problem. Been working so far . . .

Norm
I am very familiar with that this could happen. I will not say 100% but I am 99.9% sure that this never happens not for me at least

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I am very familiar with that this could happen. I will not say 100% but I am 99.9% sure that this never happens not for me at least
I guess you could rig up a GoPro to record brake light activity and find out for sure. There's probably other ways, but that's the least invasive approach I can think of.

Norm
Sponsored