Why No Adaptive Cruise on Mach1?

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
This may be answered some place, I have not been on for a long time. I looked a t a Mach 1 to day 60K and no ACC. Love this on my PP1 2018 GT.
Thanks
Lee
Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I think it has to do with the bumpers that they're using. Don't recall which Shelby they're from, but that Shelby also doesn't have ACC.

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
This may be answered some place, I have not been on for a long time. I looked a t a Mach 1 to day 60K and no ACC. Love this on my PP1 2018 GT.
Thanks
Lee
I bet you’re going to get more than a few folks here saying it’s a driver’s car, so you don’t need adaptive cruise control.
Which makes about as much sense to me as saying the Mach 1 shouldn’t have nav or leather seats or you name it.
The Mach 1 is a premium level Mustang with a premium level price tag and, as such, it should have adaptive cruise control at least as an option, if not standard.
As my Bullitt should have last year but didn’t.
Don’t understand Ford’s reasoning on this and, like you, would like to know why, too, as it makes no sense to me.

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I bet you’re going to get more than a few folks here saying it’s a driver’s car, so you don’t need adaptive cruise control.
Which makes about as much sense to me as saying the Mach 1 shouldn’t have nav or leather seats or you name it.
The Mach 1 is a premium level Mustang with a premium level price tag and, as such, it should have adaptive cruise control at least as an option, if not standard.
Don’t understand Ford’s reasoning on this and, like you, would like to know why, too, as it makes no sense to me.
I think you are on point. I drive my car 1000s of miles on trips its my long distance / fun ride.
Lee

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
It was mentioned here that dealer told customer that there was no space in this bumper to put the ACC sensors in (modified GT350 bumper).

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
This is where the sensor is positioned I believe

This is sitting on the lower portion of the GT grille(pic from when I was installing the Cervinis grilles)
Not sure why this could have not been positioned differently or that the front grille/bumper could have been designed in another way. It worked well with the Cervinis

1617699261745.png

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Australian Mach 1 sales brochure states, ACC is a Standard option,

Safety, Security & Driver Assistance
Adaptive Cruise Control.............................................. S

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Thanks
Lee
Hi Lee. Yeah we have gone a few rounds on this topic. The answer is we don’t know. Ford has never specifically addressed the issue. I have it on my GT/CS, love it and would miss it if my Mach 1 didn’t have it. Unfortunately I do not have that problem. 🙁👍

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
Australian Mach 1 sales brochure states, ACC is a Standard option,

Safety, Security & Driver Assistance
Adaptive Cruise Control.............................................. S
It's wrong.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It's not worth trying to explain - people who want to have the image of owning a "driver's car" without having to do all of the "driving work" themselves aren't going to understand any explanation that could be given.

Norm

Sponsored

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
It's not worth trying to explain - people who want to have the image of owning a "driver's car" without having to do all of the "driving work" themselves aren't going to understand any explanation that could be given.

Norm
Looks like you don't know, either.
:wink:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

Norm
Norm, not everything is a driver engagement issue. Sometimes, most times, people use their cars for transportation. That includes Mustangs. It is during these times that features like ACC become useful.

But, that said, this post wasn't a question regarding ACC, only that the Mach 1 doesn't have it.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
But, that said, this post wasn't a question regarding ACC, only that the Mach 1 doesn't have it.
If Ford felt that ACC really was essential to the appreciation of the Mach 1, they'd have damn well found a way to include it.

At some point, all of these individual electronic "driver assists" threaten to become a de facto form of autonomous driving, with ACC probably being second in everyday convenience to the driver (behind the 10R80). Is that what we really want here? Be careful what you wish for . . .

Norm

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Looks like you don't know, either.
:wink:
Let's just say I'm trying to tiptoe around your "#because_driver's_car" comment.

Even though in Handling Package trim the Mach 1 is arguably the best track day Mustang trim (the GT500 being faster might not make it better on more technical courses where brute speed is less important). And the most 'composed' trim even in driving that's mild enough to pass for normal street driving, if you're tuned in to such things.

Norm

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
It was mentioned here that dealer told customer that there was no space in this bumper to put the ACC sensors in (modified GT350 bumper).
So far this is the only genuine attempt to answer the question.
Is this the answer?
Seems to me a 2021 premium-priced sports car should have ACC at least available as an option.
Or maybe the answer is just: "oops, sorry, maybe next year"?
Sponsored