Sponsored

Why is trying to decide on tires for my Saleen so difficult?

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
I am having the hardest time trying to decide which tires I want to put on the Saleen...Any recommendations?

6.jpg
Sponsored

NTXChris

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
What's your budget? What do you have now? What do you like/dislike about them?

Most will argue that the 'best' tire would be one of Michelin's offerings, either the PS4S or AS4, depending on whether you want a summer or all season tire.

Continental also has great offerings that are slightly less expensive, but perform almost equally as well. Either the ExtremeContact Sport 02 or the DWS06+ are great tires (I run the DWS06+ and love them).

For the value option, you can't go wrong with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I am having the hardest time trying to decide which tires I want to put on the Saleen...Any recommendations?

6.jpg
Hey this is Junior from N4SM. Michelin 4s if there's no budget haha, or Nitto NT555G2 are great and more affordable

OP
OP
16SaleenYellowLabel

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
What's your budget? What do you have now? What do you like/dislike about them?

Most will argue that the 'best' tire would be one of Michelin's offerings, either the PS4S or AS4, depending on whether you want a summer or all season tire.

Continental also has great offerings that are slightly less expensive, but perform almost equally as well. Either the ExtremeContact Sport 02 or the DWS06+ are great tires (I run the DWS06+ and love them).

For the value option, you can't go wrong with the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500.
There's no budget as I've found it's easier to ask my wife for forgiveness rather than permission.
It has the stock tires from Saleen and honestly, I'm not sure what they are and am at work and can't check now...I like the Hoosier look but not sure how'd they'd look on my ride

Sponsored

OP
OP
16SaleenYellowLabel

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
Hey this is Junior from N4SM. Michelin 4s if there's no budget haha, or Nitto NT555G2 are great and more affordable
I looked up those Michelin 4s and those are nice...I'm over 700hp and trying to find the sharpest and best durable tire...I was also looking at Hoosier, any insight?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I recommend round. black.

we also don't know what size you have.
supercharged?
Do you just drive around? Or you more of the dirty wife-beater, race for pinks type?
Since forgiveness is cheap, why not buy a few different sets and see? The losers can be pawned off on FB Marketplace for most of your money back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
16SaleenYellowLabel

16SaleenYellowLabel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Saleen Yellow Label
I recommend round. black.

we also don't know what size you have.
supercharged?
Do you just drive around? Or you more of the dirty wife-beater, race for pinks type?
Since forgiveness is cheap, why not buy a few different sets and see? The losers can be pawned off on FB Marketplace for most of your money back.
So the car is supercharged... It is my once a month, get out and drive with my wife ride...Just because I have money, doesn't mean I throw away money.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
It doesn't sound like you drive the car hard, so I'm inclined to recommend the Indy 500 too.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged fun car that you o ly drive a few times a month? Nitto RII's on the rear.

Front? Whatever UHP summer tire you like.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I run the Nitto Rii in the summer but based on how OP plans to use his car, doubted the Nittos would be put to use as they are intended to be used. :)

Supercharged fun car that you o ly drive a few times a month? Nitto RII's on the rear.

Front? Whatever UHP summer tire you like.
Sponsored